• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Comic Con] Wii U - New gameplay footage

Aeana

Huh. That Rayman Legends video makes it look like you couldn't even play the game single-player. That's not the case, is it?

Rich!

Huh. That Rayman Legends video makes it look like you couldn't even play the game single-player. That's not the case, is it?

Definitely not. They're just emphasizing the new features over the tried and tested single player mode.

WiiU line up is looking really family friendly - and thats with a lot of that coming from third parties.

Rayman looks awesome - games looking seriously good right now.

Holy shit at ZOMBI U WTF

You name your character and play until you die. When you die, you start at the beginning of the level as a new character and -- similar to Demon's Souls -- have to fight your way back to your original character (who is now a zombie) and kill him or her to retrieve the items you had with you upon your death. That's awesome, and I'm extremely excited to get more hands-on time with this one

Taurus

I was pretty sceptic about ZombiU first, but more I see the more I like! Both of those videos are awesome. The atmosphere seems to be just perfect survival horror, or at least the videos make you believe that.

Please don't let it be spoiled by too much ammo or guns so you can run 'n gun your way through.

Himself

As an adamant hater of the NSMB series I have to say this one looks like a nice improvement. Nowhere near as interesting as Rayman, but definitely a step in the right direction. Let's hope the level design doesn't blow.

jmls1121

Banned
Okay, now that the E3 hype and dissapointment has passed, I am getting really excited.

Pikmin 3 looks amazing, as does ZombiU, Mario, Rayman and P-100. And you know that NintendoLand is going to be a great experience as well. This is damn good launch line up.

iceatcs

Zombi U video 1 is little weird. I couldn't tell if it played by human. The camera movement look too uncanny. But it does look good.

It's a shame we haven't gotten any single player footage for Rayman yet. There is even some for nsmbu. I wish the press would care enough to inquire about it. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Rafaelcsa

ZombiU, Mario, Pikmin and Rayman look awesome. Hyped as hell for these four. ZombiU is a huge surprise to me, since I'm not into FPS games and usually do not care for Ubisoft games either. But this game is so damn interesting and special that I overlook those preferences of mine.

Scribblenauts looks cool but I need more information. The first one didn't grab my attention for long.

P-100 has lots of potential and I believe it will be great. I just need to see some later levels in it to cement my decision to buy it.

I have Batman on PS3 so not interested in that. Great for people who didn't get the chance to play it. The game is one of my favorites.

Game & Wario doesn't look interesting at all so far and that's disappointing because I love WarioWare. Hopefully Nintendo will end up delivering on it.

Nintendo Land will surely be a hit with my friends.

Skimming through the newest Game Informer (E3 Top 50) on the john last night, and neither ZombiU or P-100 made the cut.

Come on now. I couldn't even name 50 games shown at E3, but those two would be among the ones I could.

Also (unrelated): they put Professor Layton on an "MIA" list, saying it hadn't been announced for NA, but on the opposite page had a clip about the 3DSXL, which was announced in the same Nintendo Direct as Layton.

Pikmin 3 is running at 60 fps, according to the demoer, what other games do? I'm glad about this.

Code:
Scribblenauts Unlimited 	1080p	   60 fps	FSAA
New Super Mario Bros. U		 720p 	   60 fps	AA
Nintendo Land			 720p	   60 fps
Ninja Gaiden 3 			 720p 	   60 fps 		v-sync
Batman 				 720p 	   30 fps 		v-sync
Project P-100			 720p	   60 fps	
Rayman Legends			 720p	   60 fps
Mass Effect 3			 720p	   60 fps
Pikmin 3 			 720p 	   60 fps
Zombi U 			 720p 	   30 fps
Lego City: Undercover		 720p	   
Trine 2: Director's Cut 	 720p			FXAA
*E3 builds.

spekkeh

Banned
After the initial disappointment wore off I must say I'm really warming up to some of these games. Pikmin looks charming as hell, Wario seems to capitalize on the Wii U controller greatly and P-100 was always going to be awesome.

BDGAME

Some of these games of Ubi Wii U looks good and have really great ideas to use the control. And they have support of Nintendo too!

BDGAME

Code:
*E3 builds.

Its all wrong. Trine 2, for example runs like the high end PC version. Who make this only do to Troll.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Scribblenauts Unlimited looks great. So does Rayman Legends.

Its all wrong. Trine 2, for example runs like the high end PC version. Who make this only do to Troll.

They PR person on the show floor said it was running in 720p. The screens they showed were the PC version.

Code:
*E3 builds.

ME3 is 60fps? I downright don't believe that.

Top Bottom