• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonoured (or Dishonored) - new screenshots

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The game is also up for pre-order on Steam (for America only so far), with a free copy of Arx Fatalis.

AU9BP.jpg
3K8aP.jpg

RdibC.jpg
DU5Uc.jpg

ditgA.jpg
8zWMK.jpg

gy7dg.jpg
ilD4p.jpg

Lingitiz

PC shots? They look great and its good to see a bit of a different aesthetic from what they've been showing so far.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So they are actually using two spellings? Like in the UK they use Dishonoured but in the US they use Dishonored?

Probably not. But someone has to fight the good fight.

Haunted

How so? There are some compression artifacts, but they're relatively minor.

Also, the IQ clearly says PC.
The IQ honestly doesn't look that hot to me, look at the aliasing in the bridge picture. Also, what's up with the confetti(?) on the floor in the first picture? I'd expect a 2012 PC release to have these pieces blowing around with PhysX in 3D space not a shitty, blurry, low-res floor texture. What I'm saying is that I would've clearly pegged these as console shots at first glance, not good enough for what I expect a big budget PC game to look like in 2012.

That said, the game's distinctive and cool art style makes up for a lot of the apparent technical shortcomings.

Still hope these are console shots.

StuBurns

Banned
I was legitimately irritated when Medal of Honor wasn't spelt Medal of Honour over here.

See that too, spelt, dropped that one in there.

Screens are stunning, Dishonored is the only game this fall that matters to me

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Looks awesome.

Pre order up on steam only for amurica? nah i'm from austria and can pre purchase it now.

The IQ honestly doesn't look that hot to me, look at the aliasing in the bridge picture. Also, what's up with the confetti(?) on the floor in the first picture? I'd expect a 2012 PC release to have these pieces blowing around with PhysX in 3D space not a shitty, blurry, low-res floor texture. What I'm saying is that I would've clearly pegged these as console shots at first glance, not good enough for what I expect a big budget PC game to look like in 2012.

That said, the game's distinctive and cool art style makes up for a lot of the apparent technical shortcomings.

Still hope these are console shots.
We've already seen the PC port and it looks just as bad as the console version. Whether you're playing on PC or console, you're in for a bad graphical ride.

Also:
needs_more_jpeg.jpg

ekim

Looks awesome.

Pre order up on steam only for amurica? nah i'm from austria and can pre purchase it now.

Pre-order in europe is also on.
I think I'll buy it for the pc. I'm totally disabled when it comes to 1st person and console. :/

e: are there any sys reqs to be found?

Eideka

Banned
The IQ alone will make the PC version look way better, i'm not worried at all.

These shots scream consoles to me.

Durante

The IQ honestly doesn't look that hot to me, look at the aliasing in the bridge picture.
Yeah, I hadn't zoomed on the bridge shot before. The masquerade one I quoted has the kind of edge quality that tells you that it's almost certainly not a current-gen console framebuffer grab.

Except for the bridge, I honestly really like what I see. I guess I always was more of an IQ whore than a graphics whore.

Killzig

I'm glad you can turn off those UI elements. Style and story of this game have been totally off-putting to me, but the game systems looks like fun to futz around/experiment with. I'm in on the PC version. :D

sk3tch

Looks pretty bland and uninteresting to me. Graphics look pretty bad. Still interested...just seems like a bad choice of shots or something.

Orayn

Looks pretty bland and uninteresting to me. Graphics look pretty bad. Still interested...just seems like a bad choice of shots or something.

This one really is different in motion, as the slightly cartoony art style makes it look like a deranged Pixar movie.

Graphics are nothing to write home about but from what I've seen of the gameplay, looks like a fun game. I also like the proto-steam punk setting that's going on

DSmalls84

Kind of getting a Singularity vibe from this one. Seems like it's mixing a lot of elements from other games. I'm not sure if this will be a day one buy for me, but I'll definitely give it a shot at least by the time the Steam Holiday sale rolls around.

Pooya

Now Bethesda have unleashed the cast of Dishonored and it’s rather special, check this lot out:

• Michael Madsen (Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs and guilty favourite of mine, Species)
  • Carrie Fisher (If I need to tell you who she is then you are a very, very bad person)
  • John Slattery (Mad Men, The Adjustment Bureau)
  • Susan Sarandon (Oscar and Bafta winning star of Thelma & Louise)
  • Lena Headey (Game Of Thrones, also starred as Sarah Connor the The Terminator TV series)
  • Brad Dourif (Golden Globe winning star of The Lord Of The Rings trilogy)
  • Chloë Grace Moretz (Foul mouthed Kick Ass hero and vampire child in the remake of Let The Right One In)

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/08/03/bethesda-announce-star-studded-cast-for-dishonored/

pretty good list.

Eideka

Banned
It looks to clean to be console screens imho, cant wait one of the few games im looking forward too.

Are you serious ? Can't you see the gross aliasing in those screens ?

Either this is the PC version without any AA or most likely the console build.

Regardless, I don't really care as long as the game delivers. Graphics are important to me but they are not a dealbraker by any means.

ironcreed

Banned
Looking good. As much as I want this on day one, it may be one of the games that has to wait. I have Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs this month, both of which are content packed. Then besides this in October, there is Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed III that are day one buys. Been looking over what I plan to purchase and some games are going to have to be put on the backburner to be picked up later. It's just that time of year again.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Voice cast is more impressive than the new screen shots...

Will play for Madsen, honestly. Now begins the sad hope that the story is winning quality.

Top Bottom