• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First 18 Minutes of Dinosaur Planet Plus 40 Minutes of Never-Before-Seen Gameplay

snkryo

Im in the mood to dust off my n64 and boot up a rare game. I hate you Microsoft for what you have done with Rare.

Videoneon

A good watch.

Got bored of Star Fox Adventures, didn't beat it. I think I was about to get the 2nd Water Stone and had one more of the Trials to go through or whatever.

And as much as I want another Star Fox 64...I wouldn't be opposed to another Adventures. Needs a LOT of work and fleshing out, like the easy-ass crowd management (if I recall correctly, no more than one enemy attacks you at a time.)

Wow it looks.....exactly the same as Star Fox Adventures. Cool, now I don't have to feel bad at all about loving SFA ever again, because it's still the same game Rare was going to make.

It's great to see the entire intro sequence with music and all, not just bits and pieces showing off the voice acting and rain and stuff.

Wow it looks.....exactly the same as Star Fox Adventures. Cool, now I don't have to feel bad at all about loving SFA ever again, because it's still the same game Rare was going to make.

Well, except for the two-character gameplay each with their own moves, and in-depth storyline with time travel. It seems Dinosaur Planet would have been a much deeper game than the generic SFA collectathon.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a huge Rare fan, but that looks amazing. Wish it would have came to fruition.

It's great to see the entire intro sequence with music and all, not just bits and pieces showing off the voice acting and rain and stuff.

Well, except for the two-character gameplay each with their own moves, and in-depth storyline with time travel. It seems Dinosaur Planet would have been a much deeper game than the generic SFA collectathon.
Haha yeah, until now it has been pieces put together with some clips having a roaring crowd from E3 over the game audio...

As much as I like Starfox Adventures, and while some of the areas/puzzles have made it basically untouched, Dinosaur Planet in this form seems a whole lot more simplistic, barren, and drab than SFA, and appears like there was still *alot* of work to be done still.

There is so much of that video being a character just running around big empty areas with really nothing to do but fight a generic baddie once in a while, or just looking for the next key. The pacing is just dull and everything seems to move so slow. I don't know how far from completion this was, but I will say the end-result in SFA is much, much better. It's like they figured out every aspect in this video that was somehow lacking, including even the music, and tweaked it immensely for SFA. It also looks like they took the abilities from both characters and sorta merged them into one, making Fox a much more "complete" character.

As much as I like Starfox Adventures, and while some of the areas/puzzles have made it basically untouched, Dinosaur Planet in this form seems a whole lot more simplistic, barren, and drab than SFA, and appears like there was still *alot* of work to be done still.

There is so much of that video being a character just running around big empty areas with really nothing to do but fight a generic baddie once in a while, or just looking for the next key. The pacing is just dull and everything seems to move so slow. I don't know how far from completion this was, but I will say the end-result in SFA is much, much better. It's like they figured out every aspect in this video that was somehow lacking, including even the music, and tweaked it immensely for SFA. It also looks like they took the abilities from both characters and sorta merged them into one, making Fox a much more "complete" character.
That's funny what you say about it being empty and lacking compared to SFA because I feel like there is so much great atmosphere in the game from the video with the music and the effects. The emptiness can me good too, gives me time to explore...which is what a Rare Nintendo 64 game was all about, haha!

SFA is an enjoyable game but i always felt weird playing as fox. I wish they'd have kept the original idea.

Yep.

Dinosaur Planet looked awesome and I bought a Gamecube in anticipation of it, then they tacked on a shitty license I had no interest in and that interest went out the window. :(

Oh well, there were other good games for the Gamecube.

Yep.

Dinosaur Planet looked awesome and I bought a Gamecube in anticipation of it, then they tacked on a shitty license I had no interest in and that interest went out the window. :(

Oh well, there were other good games for the Gamecube.
Yeah, I bought a GameCube in anticipation of all things Rare. Bummed when only one game came out, haha!

Top Bottom