• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U US Launch Date + Price: November 18th, $300 basic/$350 deluxe

sazzy

November 18th.

Basic: 8GB storage, 299.99

Deluxe: 32GB storage, Stands, Includes NintendoLand + Deluxe Digital Promotion 349.99

Both include GamePad, HDMI cable.

DAMN! There is no chance of me getting one at this price. I somehow felt like $199 was in the realm of possibility and $249 was realistic.

No way.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh jeez. Yikes.

Did not expect that honestly. Well, I did for a long while until I got convinced it was $250 a few weeks ago. :p

Good luck with that, Nintendo!

What I expected. Walmart is already selling Kinect+Arcade for $249 today. I think PS3 Superslim will start at $150 this fall.

Derrick01

Banned
The price is about $50 too high for each version. As I said in the last thread it'd be nice to take Nintendo Land out and knock ~$20 off.

And that killed it for me. I'll wait for a price drop or some awesome trade in deal. Just not enough games at launch to get me that excited.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The dollar is hurting. The reason it's so expensive here is because the yen is so strong compared to the dollar.

Yeah. I meant the strong yen hurting them that much. But anyway, you get what I mean.

I guess 300/350 euros then too. But we'll see.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Not surprised with the price though.

The question is... Is it region free?

Darklord

Banned
Guys, you don't understand. This is a brand new console. It's plays BRAND NEW games like Batman Arkham City. Reggie hold me himself.

Top Bottom