• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 8 |OT|- Meet the New Boss. Now on Wednesday Nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
stnNS.png

Supernatural: Season 8
Wednesdays at 9pm on The CW
Premieres Wednesday October 3rd.

Official Supernatural Twitter Feed

What is going on?
After a disappointing sixth season, and a slightly better seventh season, Show runner Sera Gamble has been shown the door. Coming in to replace her is fan favorite writer Jeremy Carver. You might know him as the developer and show runner for the first seasons of the US version of Being Human. But you probably love him because of the episodes of Supernatural that he has written. What has he written?
Sin City
A Very Supernatural Christmas
Mystery Spot
Long Distance Call
In the Beginning
Family Remains
Death Takes a Holiday
The Rapture
Free to Be You and Me
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Point of No Return
Changing Channels

Hopefully this season is a return to form after the last two. Having a better writer at the helm will hopefully steer the ship right.

Also of note is the show's change in time. It is no longer in the Friday death slot, but now sitting pretty on Wednesday nights. In fact, one of the CW bigwigs has stated he wants this show around for a few more years, so the network has faith in our baby.

The Cast

cw-supernatural-prt-JPadalecki-a_000692-c0b7f0-325x434.jpg

Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
Jared's Official Twitter Feed

cw-supernatural-prt-JAckles-a_000690-127dfe-325x434.jpg

Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester

Twitter Feeds for the Rest of the Crew

Jim Beaver's Official Twitter Feed

Misha's Official Twitter Feed

Previous guest stars' twitter feeds:
Mark Sheppard (Crowley)
Sebastian Roche (Balthazar)

The Music
One of the biggest things about Supernatural is its awesome soundtrack. While the last two seasons have not been as generous with their great classic rock offerings, the show continues to have one of the best soundtracks of any show around.

A listing of all the songs, separated by episode, in the show so far.

riversong_spoilers.gif

SPOILER POLICY

Spoilers are a sensitive subject on GAF. Episode titles and descriptions should be considered spoilers, and tagged as such. Rumors should be treated the same as well.

Once an episode has aired on the East Coast, then it is fair game and should not be spoiler tagged.

Speculation is encouraged and welcome, and should not be spoiler tagged unless it contains information NOT presented on the show. So if you read an interview and they mention something coming, spoiler that stuff!

Remember, if you post some major spoilers without tagging them, this could happen:
YdIOe.gif

Go on...

A bunch of people on the board contributed. One person wrote a paragraph, then another member continued it. It was the adventures of Efram the Cougar. Discouraged and shamed that he had not eaten and killed Kim Bauer and rid the world of his stupidity, he teamed up with Chairman Kaga from Iron Chef to tour the world and fight evil.

Radec

I hope we can go back to Demons and Angels again.

Not that Leviathan shit.

- -

Premiering on my Bday. Awesome. :)

That east coast rule feels like a slight against us west coasters....

So we should wait three hours before posting anything? Should the British wait hours and hours before talking about Doctor Who? Whichever territory gets first airing gets first discussion. It is the only fair way to do it.

I read slash fanfic!

Wait, I likely shouldn't have said that. Ahem.

No, I meant the crazy fans. Like, the ones would ship themselves with the characters. And actually believe it.

Edit:

Noted. o_O

So, you're saying I can post my homoerotic adventures of Sam and Dean?

Please, no. Although, the way last season ended they do have an opportunity to bring back a lot of guest stars that have come and gone.

I'm hoping Carver takes full advantage of that and bring back some old guest stars. That would be amazing, granted that involves getting the guest stars to agree to come back but I'll take what I can get.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Good bye Gamble. Hopefully Carver can make things right again.

MadeWell

The show's quality has been inconsistent after the season 5 ending but I'm still looking forward to a new season.
Last seasons ending could lead to some interesting scenario's

This is a spoiler, but it is also to temper some people's expectations regarding last season's finale:
Dean is back in the first episode. We may get flashbacks to the time in Purgatory, but he is back on Earth in the premiere.

Continuing my run through the series.

Just finished The French Mistake.

Haha! YES!

Don't get to see many fantasy shows that enter our reality.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I hope we can go back to Demons and Angels again.

Not that Leviathan shit.

Yeah, I hope that too. But more importantly, I hope they get back to the brotherly love aspect of the show. No more pitting Sam and Dean against each other, no more brother drama, no more family angst. Let's keep the boys together doing what they do best: killing things and being hard assed sarcastic sons of bitches all the way while doing it. Oh, and more classic rock too. That's been missing a bit since season 5. Oh, and never EVER make them hide the Impala for half a season again. The car is the third main character of the show...

Ezalc

This is a spoiler, but it is also to temper some people's expectations regarding last season's finale:
Dean is back in the first episode. We may get flashbacks to the time in Purgatory, but he is back on Earth in the premiere.

This could be very disappointing.

ccbfan

As bad as the last 2 season were (in comparison to 1-5, it was still better than most of the shit on network TV). The ending of season 7 does set up for some great stuff.

1. How did Dean get our of Purgatory.
2. If Dean got out did other stuff follow him (This is a mechanism that can bring back previous characters like Amy, Gordon, Dean's Daughter, ect)
3. Since we get the creator of Trickster/Gabe as the show runner hopefully we get another trickster episode and maybe an explanation of what happens to angels when they die. Could also bring back Anna and Raphael.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
As bad as the last 2 season were (in comparison to 1-5, it was still better than most of the shit on network TV). The ending of season 7 does set up for some great stuff.

1. How did Dean get our of Purgatory.
2. If Dean got out did other stuff follow him (This is a mechanism that can bring back previous characters like Amy, Gordon, Dean's Daughter, ect)
3. Since we get the creator of Trickster/Gabe as the show runner hopefully we get another trickster episode and maybe an explanation of what happens to angels when they die. Could also bring back Anna and Raphael.

Id love to see gordon again. Do angels go to purgatory when they get eliminated?

Booser

Id like to see some scary monsters this season, you know seeing as the show is about two guys hunting monsters and all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Id love to see gordon again. Do angels go to purgatory when they get eliminated?

They have to go somewhere, as far as I can tell the show has souls cycle around so if you die you go somewhere. Monsters, ghosts and non-human stuff to purgatory, humans to either heaven or hell. So if they want to use characters like Gabe or Gordon there is a bit of leeway to allow it. Personally I'd love to see Gabriel back, at this point he's probably the only one who could take control of heaven and make it so it's no longer an issue
(sort of like the boys will be trying to do to hell)

ccbfan

Two beings (Well one not so much a being but more a way of death) that have died but not been discussed where they go.

Angels and demons that have been killed by Colt/Ruby's Knife/Sam went he goes bloodlust mode.

Death said a soul can never be destroyed not even by him and he's the most destructive force in existence.

Demons are human souls corrupted by Lucifer and hell so they can't be destroyed. Where did they go?

Do angels have souls?

Somnia

Just watched all 7 seasons earlier this year for the first time. This will be my first season on live TV, super excited =)

~Kinggi~

Banned
I thought season 7 was the last season? Im in the middle of season 6 myself so im not gonna stick around for spoilers.

The only good thing to come from the fan fic and insane fan community of this show was the episodes mocking it. But it is loving mockery. They know that those insane fans are what keep them on the air, but at least the fans are fine being the butt of the jokes.

I thought season 7 was the last season? Im in the middle of season 6 myself so im not gonna stick around for spoilers.

You have a little over a week to catch up. See you on the other side, Fox.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The only good thing to come from the fan fic and insane fan community of this show was the episodes mocking it. But it is loving mockery. They know that those insane fans are what keep them on the air, but at least the fans are fine being the butt of the jokes.

You have a little over a week to catch up. See you on the other side, Fox.

Fox laughs at this hack-job of a show
it is pretty enjoyable though i have to say. They earn points for referencing the x-files every other episode.

The key to this show is just to enjoy the ride. It takes itself JUST seriously enough, but is also willing to savagely mock itself and its fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom