• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orgarhythm (Vita) coming to NA PSN 10/23 for $29.99

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ugh, wish they would do physical releases. I like boxes. :(

kassatsu

Banned
Full PR from facebook

XSEED Games Announces Music Strategy Hybrid, Orgarhythm, to Launch on PlayStation Network on October 23rd

Rhythmic Beats Meet Real-Time Strategy in Challenging PlayStation Vita system Exclusive

Torrance, Calif., (October 8, 2012) – XSEED Games, an independent-minded publisher, today announced that the upcoming music and real-time strategy rhythm game, Orgarhythm, will be released on October 23rd in North America on the PlayStation®Network as a digital download for the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, for a retail price of $29.99. Orgarhythm was developed in Japan by ACQUIRE in conjunction with Neilo, the new studio founded by Takashi Hirai who is best known for his past work on Space Channel 5 and Rez.

In Orgarhythm, rhythm and sound act as the user interface, allowing players to control their armies and protect their god through rhythmic interaction with on-screen prompts. The result is a truly hypnotic mobile gaming experience unlike any other. Playing as the God of Light, players will battle the forces of the God of Darkness by deploying elemental soldiers for rhythm-based attacks synced to a hypnotic mix of rock, club and tribal music.

In the game, rhythm is a weapon and different attacks occur on different beats, making the game’s catchy soundtrack dynamic to user input. Each unit type is based on one of the three elements of Earth, Water and Fire, and each elemental troop has a “rock, paper, scissors” relationship between the opposing elements. With these dynamics in mind, players must choose how to effectively deploy their forces while keeping beat with the music. Players use three taps to choose the unit and attack type, then a swipe of the finger across the screen to choose position and formation. Using the same interface mechanic, players can also unleash their divine powers to boost attack, defense and healing, or slow down enemy troops. The game also includes both versus and co-op two-player modes via ad-hoc network play.

Additionally, XSEED Games and ACQUIRE hosted a fan music submission contest in September, which is now closed. Submissions are still being evaluated, and announcements will be made shortly.

XSEED Games will publish Orgarhythm exclusively on the PlayStation®Store on the PS®Vita in North America on October 23 for $29.99 – look for more updates in the coming weeks. The game is rated E10+ by the ESRB, and additional information can be found on the product site at www.orgarhythm.com

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ugh, wish they would do physical releases. I like boxes. :(

I like them too, and I understand the criticism about Xseed's policy, but between not getting anything at all and getting the game even if just digital...the choice doesn't seem that difficult to me in the end.

Shinta

Banned
but it would suck sure you get cart for resell and those into physical but there's probably no manual. what was the last retail vita game that actually have a nice physical manual?

Vita games have never had manuals. The biggest hit is the extremely high cost of memory cards.

Volcynika

So uh when are we getting an announcement for a release date for Ragnarok :|

Soon probably.

Though Amazon emailed me and said they changed the release date of it based on the publisher, and they list it releasing on Oct 30th now, so that might be it. But who knows!

"The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date" etc

I'd prefer a retail release, but if digital is my only option then I'll go for it. Price seems decent too compared with importing the Japanese retail version.

Soon probably.

Though Amazon emailed me and said they changed the release date of it based on the publisher, and they list it releasing on Oct 30th now, so that might be it. But who knows!

"The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date" etc

i expect an email in 6 hours.

If you'd prefer physical, and don't mind forking over a bit extra the asian version(and possibly the Japanese as well) utilizes the Xseed English translation. Pretty fun little game.

Roubjon

The best part of digital only releases is that I don't have to feel bad about buying it on release day because it will never drop in price!

:(

The best part of digital only releases is that I don't have to feel bad about buying it on release day because it will never drop in price!

:(

best part is you can still pick it up a week after it's out :(

i don't even know whats up with handheld stuff these days.

Freaking gamestop is only stocking 20 pokemon b2w2.

Stuff is in the shitters.

Whats the deal with shoving a bunch of Vita stuff into October? Orgarhythm, VLR, Little King Story, Ragnarok Odyssey, Dokuro, PS Mobile... Could have used some of this over the summer

Oh well, I'm saving my cash for VLR and RO

Torraz

I might have to rethink my vita account strategy. If Xseed and co are not going to be forthcoming with retail copies anymore then having a region locked EU account might be troublesome. On the other hand, I have stuff on my EU account already, and PS+ on the EU side is better, so far :/.

Whats the deal with shoving a bunch of Vita stuff into October? Orgarhythm, VLR, Little King Story, Ragnarok Odyssey, Dokuro, PS Mobile... Could have used some of this over the summer

Oh well, I'm saving my cash for VLR and RO

probably the whole $20 (or was it $10?) back for $100 spent. it gives people choices. Don't worry. it'll be dead later this year.

Top Bottom