• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
iRIzJubLgT4nd.png

Thanks to Sarcasm for this banner

Previous OTs
OT1
OT2
OT3

GAF Players Google Document
GAF Players

Opening Cinematics
Mists of Pandaria
Cataclysm
Wrath of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade
World of Warcraft

Patch Trailers & Reveals
Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King
Patch 4.3 - Hour of Twilight
Patch 4.2 - Rage of the Firelands
Patch 4.1 - Rise of the Zandalari
Patch 3.3 - Fall of the Lich King
Patch 3.2 - Call of the Crusade
Patch 3.1 - Secrets of Ulduar
Patch 2.4 - Fury of the Sunwell
Patch 2.3 - The Gods of Zul'Aman
Patch 2.1 - The Black Temple
Patch 1.11 - Shadow of the Necropolis

Expansion Reveals
Mists of Pandaria Blizzcon 2011 Reveal
Cataclysm Blizzcon 2009 reveal
Wrath of the Lich King Blizzcon 2007 Reveal
The Burning Crusade Blizzcon 2005 Reveal

Other Cinematics
The Burdens of Shaohao Prelude: The Vision
The Burdens of Shaohao Part 1: Doubt
The Burdens of Shaohao Part 2: Despair
The Burdens of Shaohao Part 3: Fear
The Burdens of Shaohao Part 4: Anger
The Burdens of Shaohao Part 5: The Sundering
Dragon Soul (Cataclysm)
Fall of the Lich King (Wrath of the Lich King)
The Wrathgate (Wrath of the Lich King)

News
WoW Insider
MMO-Champion
Wowhead News

Resources
Wowhead
Noxxic
Icy Veins
Official WoW Forums

Addons
WoW Interface
Curse

|OT3| Wall of Shame
qikAI.jpg

I saw someone posted a link to the Halloween items in the previous thread, but wowhead is blocked at work for me. Are they trinkets again or another item slot?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So....I feel way too busy on main to level an alt =S
I hear you man. I've been wanting to play my panda since launch but everytime I log in, I've got so much shit to do! It's insane. Compare this to Cata, and I would've had a frozen account by this point :3

Kletian

So....I feel way too busy on main to level an alt =S

Yeah I figured once I hit my 460 Gear level that I could sit back on a Monk alt while I wait for my guild to catch up to raid.

NOPE. My evenings are still full with dailies. And I have yet to even TOUCh pet battles.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So will this thread give a shoutout whenever the servers are live?

Ultratech

I somehow have missed Halloween pretty much every year since it seems to fall when I am not playing so I had no frame of reference.

Thanks, good to see there are some other slots that can be filled in there.

It's just some rings, a Agi Sword, and a Plate Str Helm.

Sarcasm

Oh I am on wall of shame!? What is this...is this due to post count?

Also I can probably work on a banner banner (instead of just a logo) if you want me to OP?

Buy a set of heirlooms. Now you can get pants too so leveling really doesn't take very long.

Plus, if you combine heirlooms+Recruit a Friend you could probably hit at least 80 in a couple days.

That would work if I was in a bigger guild or a guild in my timezone.

Speaking of which how do I do this? Or do I have to xfer >.>

strafer

Oh I am on wall of shame!? What is this...is this due to post count?

Also I can probably work on a banner banner (instead of just a logo) if you want me to OP?

That would work if I was in a bigger guild or a guild in my timezone.

Speaking of which how do I do this? Or do I have to xfer >.>

It's how many posts you have in the thread. Doesn't mean much.

Yoshichan

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm surprised i'm near the top of OT3 since i haven't posted THAT much this year.

Guess i was more active in 2011.

Also yay! You took my (well part of it) idea for the thread title. :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm surprised i'm near the top of OT3 since i haven't posted THAT much this year.

Guess i was more active in 2011.

Also yay! You took my (well part of it) idea for the thread title. :p
Yeah I barely or played posted this year and was #1 until after mop's release.

Nugg

I massacred Sprites in the Vale to get 9 Spirits of Harmony yesterday for my rocket.

Not a single damned Skyshard dropped, of course.

I've been doing all my lotus dailies, every single day, since day one, and farming in the vale everytime I need Spirits of Harmony. Still not a sungle skyshard.

A friend of mine got three in a day doing his dailies (one on the elite at the end of the quest line, on in the loot bag, and one on a fucking croc). He didn't even know what it was.

Yoshichan

It's odd. I've got all my (4) skyshards from the first week on MoP... but after that, no shard at all :(

Bizazedo

Yeah. I know it's a low % chance and we don't, maybe, have a sizeable enough data pool to peg what it is yet, but it seems a lot lower than the Guo Lai cache key.

I spent Sunday farming for keys since I was 1200 rep short of revered, which irritated me, and went overboard. Farmed 7 (wasted one because I'm a dumbass, also got 9 Spirits of Harmony in this timeframe), and still no skyshards.

In total I've gotten 13 or 14 keys.

I am resisting farming just for skyshards (so far have been targeting keys and harmony only), but anytime I do need to farm for something else, I do it in the Vale. Ah well.

Robin64

I have a Cache Key but no idea where to use it. I thought unlocking the Vaults section when I hit Honored with Lotus would be the place to use it, but it seems not.

Berordn

That's no point farming Skyshards until you're close to exalted with the August Celestials anyway, unless they finally remove the weird rep requirement on the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent.

I have a Cache Key but no idea where to use it. I thought unlocking the Vaults section when I hit Honored with Lotus would be the place to use it, but it seems not.

There's Ancient Guo-Lai Caches in the Guo-Lai halls, little golden chests that have gold dragons decorating the sides, often hidden away in little nooks and crannies. The chests themselves aren't rare, when one despawns another spawns quickly after. What makes them hard to get is that they can spawn behind the doors that aren't open for the day's quests or that you haven't finished the reputation milestone that opens it permanently.

Yoshichan

Revered with Lotus! (There are ways to unlock the cache before that, but it's not worth it)

Bizazedo

Chests randomly spawn in the underground Guo Lai halls. They tweaked it so they show up in the front more often, but they appear quickly in the back since not a lot of people have access to it yet / don't know to die / rez their way through.

Helps to be on a crappy server like mine, though.

I want to say there's always at least two to three up at all times (they respawn quick), but if they spawn where no one has access / is, well..

You can use them to boost throughout your career with Golden Lotus and it's how I burned through the last 1200 rep from Honored to Revered.

That's no point farming Skyshards until you're close to exalted with the August Celestials anyway, unless they finally remove the weird rep requirement on the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent.

Agreed :). Still, I was hoping to get at least one by now.

Bisnic

Lol exalted with August Celestials... i'm not even close to revered with Golden Lotus yet(i got honored yesterday) and August Celestials is still stuck at neutral thanks to Blizzard stupid decision of making the Shado Pan and August Celestials dailies locked until Golden Lotus is at revered...

Ultratech

Lol exalted with August Celestials... i'm not even close to revered with Golden Lotus yet(i got honored yesterday) and August Celestials is still stuck at neutral thanks to Blizzard stupid decision of making the Shado Pan and August Celestials dailies locked until Golden Lotus is at revered...

Yeah, kinda weird they put a requirement like that on a mount that drops off a "Rare" mob.

I haven't even really done much of Golden Lotus yet, though I'll probably have to eventually to open up the other factions.

Bisnic

Yeah, kinda weird they put a requirement like that on a mount that drops off a "Rare" mob.

I haven't even really done much of Golden Lotus yet, though I'll probably have to eventually to open up the other factions.

It wouldn't be so bad if dailies would give more than 110 fucking reputation. Ugh.

V_Arnold

What's the go to place for farming Motes of Harmony these days?

I just pull 15+ mobs in Dread Wastes with my blood Dk. Usually, it is done within a minute, and results at least ONE mote, but sometimes more. 2-3 is not rare, once had 5. It is good to pull an elite or two with the non-elites, increases your chances :D

Not one Skyshard yet as well for me :( Did so far find about 7 of the Cache keys and used them up already as well as a huge number of Harmonies.

I do it when I'm done with any of my dailies and/or when I'm waiting in que. Might as well try to be prepared for when that Exalted time arrives.

syoaran

It's odd. I've got all my (4) skyshards from the first week on MoP... but after that, no shard at all :(

Someone on my server got 9 on the first week, still not seen the last. Holding at 2 here myself, no cache keys.

Still enjoying MoP immensely, and not even got round to touching the raids yet. Will be a good weekend!

Lucis

Do Gaffers play together?
I am going casual (real life things coming) and I won't be able to raid with my current guild (can't commit).

Now the current realm I am on is medium pop (feels like low), I'd like to be able to do some things in the future such as dungeon archievement, pick up raid and challenge mode. Does the gaf wow group usually organize for things like that?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Do Gaffers play together?
I am going casual (real life things coming) and I won't be able to raid with my current guild (can't commit).

Now the current realm I am on is medium pop (feels like low), I'd like to be able to do some things in the future such as dungeon archievement, pick up raid and challenge mode. Does the gaf wow group usually organize for things like that?

I went casual. blut#1326 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom