• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns Confirmed for West ; $29.99 US

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
EBW9Z.png

They're also translating the awesome japanese website into english and updating it leading up to release.

http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/anarchyreigns/

and concerning importers you will be able to play with US players when it launches in the west.

Great game, great price point. Get hype

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Now that's actually a smart move on Sega's part. They finally acknowledge that this game WILL NOT sell at $60. $30? At least it has a chance.

Xater

Will get for £10 a month later lol

I don't think this game will sell shit no matter what the price is.

Duffyside

Banned
I want to support Platinum as much as I can, but didn't think this looked like it was worth $60. If Sega is going to be cool enough to release it for $30 though, day one.

Probably a mistake on their part though. Console gamers don't usually appreciate games being "cheaper" like that. They'd probably make more money at $60, sadly.

Miker

Launching this at $30 is probably the right choice, but it kind of makes me wince. I think SEGA's probably going to push it out without any marketing and hope that the budget price helps sales.

Also, I guess this will be a good test of how people react to "AA" games launching at a budget price.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The dearth of variable pricing this gen has really sort of blown my mind, but between Cave's games, Under Defeat HD, and now this, maybe (some) pubs are finally starting to wake up.

AR was a must buy regardless, mind you, but $30 makes me very happy.

e: Really need Bayo, doe. C'mon, Sega. :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Excited! I haven't played the demo yet or but I already knew I was going to love the game after the Japanese launch trailer. I know a few friends also picking it up, might be able to convince more at that price point.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I want to support Platinum as much as I can, but didn't think this looked like it was worth $60. If Sega is going to be cool enough to release it for $30 though, day one.

Probably a mistake on their part though. Console gamers don't usually appreciate games being "cheaper" like that. They'd probably make more money at $60, sadly.

Yeah perceived value is everything, which is why I imagine you don't see this kinda thing more often.

I think Sega is just cutting their losses and fulfilling their obligation to Platinum with this one. Considering their initial sales expectations for this title and Binary Domain I doubt they stand to make a profit at this price point no matter what it sells.

but all that kinda thinking is boring. What matters is we get a cool game for a low price. So you guys take advantage of that and come play with us. :)

Game is really fun. and I think that having paid ALOT more than 29.99 for it

Shinta

Banned
I wonder if this is retail, or digital only? Sega has been really pushing the digital stuff lately, so I wouldn't be surprised either way.

randomkid

Chiming in with some positive reinforcement for the excellent price, I wish the game still had Madworld's style but at $30 I'm in for the soundtrack alone.

I don't think this game will sell shit no matter what the price is.

Gaffers don't know what spoilers are, but in any case, sadly, you may be right. Platinum games to seem to sell poorly even if they're amazing (or so I've heard).

Also, gawddammit Platinum, you should do some adventure games. Some open-world Okami-like game.

Sega still sucks, and it should not have taken this long to bring it over, considering it was already 100% localized in EFIGS on both SKUS.

So glad Platnium is rid of them.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Sega still sucks, and it should not have taken this long to bring it over, considering it was already 100% localized in EFIGS on both SKUS.

So glad Platnium is rid of them.

The 6 month wait is saving alot of people 30 dollars and will probably expand the playerbase a significant amount on release.

Yeah it was a shitty situation but I think it's turned out for the best for most everyone.

Except Sega lol.

Top Bottom