• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Misfits Series 4 |OT| Alisha Gifs Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
mislogo8ujaf.png

As new guys Jess and Finn start their community service, it's not just litter they're picking up; it's bad vibes, body parts and power tools. And that's just the morning shift. With a six foot killer rabbit on the estate, a mysterious but easy-on-the-eye barman getting Jess a little shaken but not entirely stirred and all hell quite literally breaking loose with the arrival of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, it's time to power up. The future's bright. The future's still a dirty shade of orange

New Series begin October 28, 2012. 10 pm. Please check your local time to do the time math.

http://www.e4.com/misfits/
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/misfits/episode-guide/series-4/episode-1

For US. Each episodes will air the following monday on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/misfits

Original Cast
s4curtisfeu63.png

Returning Cast

s4sethruufg.png
s4rudye0o39.png

New Cast

Finn and Jess
s4finnecuhu.png
s4jesswnu4t.png

Other Cast

Alex
s4alexeyj4g.png

Abby
Red Headed Girl in an Orange Jumpsuit.

4hWc7.gif

tumblr_mb8w525APH1rnu9hpo1_500.gif

tumblr_mc1d4eqmLM1qavx6vo1_500.png

tumblr_m3v2rpiXg51rvevdeo1_500.gif

Messi

I feel like they should have stopped at the end of the last season. This feels like its going to end badly. They lost too many of the cast.

<3 Alisha

Ducarmel

It's been a long wait, looking forward to the new season. I guess this gives them a chance to drop that whole time travel back story they had going it was convoluted anyway.

Lol Curtis still on probation, does he even care about his track and field career anymore.

Arment

Last season was a test to see if Misfits could be good without Nathan. It passed. Rudy was amazing.

But can it pass this test? Simon, Alisha and Nathan all gone. The holy trinity of the show basically. That's going to be hard. If it succeeds I'll be damn impressed.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I am so ready for this show to come back. Instead of new characters they should have just given Rudy two more personalities.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, since Rudy ended up being a damned good character. Last season kind of sucked outside of him, though. Let's hope we don't see anything nearly as bad as the Nazi episode.

suzu

I forgot about this show. I wonder what they'll do about Kelly being gone and Seth(?).

Will watch for Rudy antics.

Rudy >>>>> Nathan (This is England bias, but he's also a much better and funnier actor imo)

Maybe this new girl will be >> Alisha. Certainly not hotter though, but she's still cute.

pradator

Neo Member
Misfits has been getting worse and worse each series, imo. Unless these new characters are absolutely brilliant I have a feeling this series will be the last.

midonnay

Misfits has been getting worse and worse each series, imo. Unless these new characters are absolutely brilliant I have a feeling this series will be the last.

yeah, its alittle like Heroes..... they went alittle batshit with the mythology about their powers and have been digging a hole ever since...

Maximus.

Didnt like how they switched powers and don't like how most the original cast is gone. Story also moved far away from the feel of the first season.

Swag

So the best person left already ( Nathan ), the best girl left ( Alisha ), and the only person left is the boring Curtis?

Wonder if I should just not watch and preserve my memories

I feel like they should have stopped at the end of the last season. This feels like its going to end badly. They lost too many of the cast.

<3 Alisha

We'll see. The writing was dreadful last series; it wasn't really the cast changes fault.
Hopefully it picks up this year.

Still thing Rudy's STD was a brilliant episode. They didn't do enough with his character (sad no double act with Simon :()

Not sure if I can take a 'evil girlfriend' storyline again this year though. I actually liked the girl in episode 1 last year; was sad she was used so cheaply :( Same with Zombie Girl.

So Kelly is gone without explanation?
And Nathan is still in Vegas prison?

booooo!

Kelly's actress got real jail community service in real life for doing a taxi driver in. Dealer guy will probably explain the character leaving; wouldn't be surprised if Kelly is just killed off and never mentioned after a quick explanation.

pradator

Neo Member
yeah, its alittle like Heroes..... they went alittle batshit with the mythology about their powers and have been digging a hole ever since...

Never watched Heroes, but with misfits their main problem is they shouldn't keep changing the cast. The original characters were good enough!

Never watched Heroes, but with misfits their main problem is they shouldn't keep changing the cast. The original characters were good enough!

People leave. Thats life.
Misfits problem isn't the characters; but the mythology stuff - the Alisha/Simon stuff was just plain stupid. The whole time travel stuff was a big failure; most of series 3 was and Simon's future self was only useful for kicking of Alisha/Simon.

.la1n

Tried to finish the last season, couldn't make it through it. I will watch the first few episodes just to see how the new cast is but the whole show has lost direction.

Petrichor

Tried to finish the last season, couldn't make it through it. I will watch the first few episodes just to see how the new cast is but the whole show has lost direction.

The last series was far and away the worst - all of the creativity and innovation of the first two series was completely missing. It was a real shame to see the show reduced to a derivative, monster-of-the-week procedural.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Totally forgot about this series, I finished season 3 but all my friends lost interest early on. No Simon, Kelly and Alisha is a huge blow, I was aware of Antonia Thomas and Iwan Rheon leaving after the last episode, but even though I heard about Lauren Socha's jail problems I didn't know she wouldn't be returning before checking this thread. Real shame because Kelly was hilarious.

Rudy ended up being fun so I'll watch. Hopefully they manage to get a good chemistry with the new characters, cast changes like this are unfortunate but what can you do. This is a good opportunity to hold back on the mythology and go back to the vibe of the first season.

pradator

Neo Member
People leave. Thats life.
Misfits problem isn't the characters; but the mythology stuff - the Alisha/Simon stuff was just plain stupid. The whole time travel stuff was a big failure; most of series 3 was and Simon's future self was only useful for kicking of Alisha/Simon.

true. i guess i'm still bitter that nathan left:p i still can't remember most of the reasoning behind the whole time travel story, i think i zoned out through most of the 3rd series.

Rudy was cool, but he was no Nathan. Not even close. Surprised so many people seem to feel he is the better character. The biggest problem with Nathan was the writing -- he got dumber as the series went on, and by the time of "Vegas, Baby!" he went full retard ("how was I supposed to know a die doesn't have seven sides? Lawl" it's a shame because they spent a lot of time developing his character and then just tossed it down the drain because they were desperate for comic relief or some shit.

Thankfully Simon became an awesome character by the end of season 2 and is easily the best actor on the show. Now he's gone too and I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

I'll hold out for impressions on the new cast and overall plot of this season, but I really doubt I'll ever enjoy the show as much as I did season 2, the season where it really found its legs IMO.

Rudy was cool, but he was no Nathan. Not even close. Surprised so many people seem to feel he is the better character. The biggest problem with Nathan was the writing -- he got dumber as the series went on, and by the time of "Vegas, Baby!" he went full retard ("how was I supposed to know a die doesn't have seven sides? Lawl" it's a shame because they spent a lot of time developing his character and then just tossed it down the drain because they were desperate for comic relief or some shit.

Thankfully Simon became an awesome character by the end of season 2 and is easily the best actor on the show. Now he's gone too and I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

I'll hold out for impressions on the new cast and overall plot of this season, but I really doubt I'll ever enjoy the show as much as I did season 2, the season where it really found its legs IMO.

I just think Rudy is the much better actor. I enjoyed his performance more.

I just think Rudy is the much better actor. I enjoyed his performance more.

I can see that, but I genuinely felt that Nathan had a certain charm to him that I can't necessarily pin point, a lot of which came off as pretty genuine to me. Mainly the moments when his sarcastic douche facade faded away for brief moments revealing a human being underneath. Unfortunately the writers didn't do it nearly enough to matter, perhaps influenced by viewer reception.

Rudy is cool too and he's a good actor, but I just don't find him nearly as likable for reasons I can't really nail down other than he's not nearly as charming IMO. But hey this is just personal taste, no right or wrong here.

The way how Alisha died was really grisly.

Rudy is the best character now even though Nathan returning would be cool. I never liked Alisha, was more a fan of the Kelly character. I hope Curtis becomes more of a leader. He had the craziest of escapades.

51054V0i9AL.jpg

I'd recommend seeing No Heroics, an excellent but short (6 episodes) UK superhero show that didn't get much popularity. It's more comedy than drama.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
S3 was a pretty big drop in quality compared to the first two seasons. Fingers crossed for the new one.

TheExodu5

Banned
The last series was far and away the worst - all of the creativity and innovation of the first two series was completely missing. It was a real shame to see the show reduced to a derivative, monster-of-the-week procedural.

The zombie episode was actually really good. Otherwise, yeah, I agree.

Nathan was always comic relief.

While I can't say I like Rudy as much, he's definitely a far better actor. I'd say he's probably the best actor on the show.

Nathan was always comic relief.

Oh I realize that, but it felt to me that the writers kept making him progressively dumber and smarmier as the show continued for the sole purpose of squeezing out as much comic relief out of him as possible. That's what bothers me. I love characters like Nathan when done right (an example I can think of right now is Hank Moody in Californication), which I felt like they began to do and then just bailed out at the last minute to make him a 100% joke to please viewers.

Was a shame.

xenist

So the best person left already ( Nathan ), the best girl left ( Alisha ), and the only person left is the boring Curtis?

Wonder if I should just not watch and preserve my memories

Yeah, Rudy is the only semi-interesting character left. I disagree with you though. He was a very effective replacement for Nathan. I'm going to wait for a concensus before giving this a shot.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Looking forward to Sunday, I might have to wait till Monday due to the chances of the gf and I not being home to watch it which sucks, Misfits gives me that run up to Christmas feeling, even if it does involve murdering a whole bunch of people, lol.

To carry on from the last thread though, I really hope they bring back Simon and Alisha if only to finish of their story that doesn't involve a constant time loop, that was a kind of sucky ending for the characters. Hopefully the new guys are good, Rudy was much better than expected once he joined and watching some old episodes and some newer he makes me laugh far more than Nathan, his facial expressions alone are a comedy of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom