• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Links: Spoiler Thread | Review Thread | Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| |

Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U
Release Date: October 30 (US), October 31 (EU), November 13 (Wii U), November 23 (PC)​

storyckreh.png

“The game of history is usually played by the best and the worst over the heads of the majority in the middle. “
- Eric Hoffer

War sweeps over the New World. History is being written. America fights for its independence, the British fight for
what they believe to be rightfully theirs. Unbeknownst to both, this war will determine not just the future of their own
two nations, but of the entire world.

But there was more to this war than history tells us. Behind the scenes, two ancient powers vie for dominance
in this new theater of war. The Templars seek a means to control: to enslave the population and
create a world free of strife. The Assassins strive for liberty, for a chance for every man to be free.

And in the year 2012, Desmond Miles has escaped the prison of his own mind to find a world in
an even more dire state than the one he left. The ancient battle waged between the Templars and the Assassins
is coming to a head, and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. If Desmond cannot retrieve the artifacts
of those who came before us, the human race might be lost forever.​

gameplay8nu7k.png

The tried-and-true gameplay seen in the Assassin’s Creed II-trilogy has seen some changes. Leaving the Renaissance behind,
Desmond will hop into a revamped Animus and start reliving the memories of a new ancestor: Connor Kenway. Connor, being
half-British and half-Native American, is very different from the previous Assassins: he's more muscular, brutal and direct. This is
reflected in everything: from the way Connor talks to the way he moves. Over the course of the game, Connor can recruit allies to his cause,
who will come to his aid when he asks them. In combat, Connor has more options than his Renaissance-era counterpart: he has a variety
of new weapons at his disposal, as well as several new combat moves. Different types of enemies will react differently to each move,
so it is up to the player to figure out how to best tackle each foe. Skilled players will be able to string attacks together and
take down multiple enemies at the same time. The health system has been changed, and is now more similar to the regenerating health
found in the first Assassin’s Creed.

Assassin’s Creed III is powered by the AnvilNext Engine, which renders the Revolution-era cities of New York and Boston with great detail.
Along with those cities, a vast expanse of land called ‘the frontier’ can be explored. Natural weather occurrences like rain or fog can
influence your missions, and even the seasons now play a role when you tackle an objective. During winter, movement becomes
more treacherous as deep banks of snow can effectively slow players down.

While exploring the frontier, Connor can hunt animals and collect their hides and meat, which he can then sell to vendors. With the money
he makes he can buy new weapons and armor or even upgrade his mansion: the Homestead. As the player progresses through the game
he can invite NPCs to come live at the Homestead, eventually turning it into a small community.

Puzzles and platforming missions will also make a return, but in what capacity has not yet been revealed.​

multiplayerzzudy.png

Abstergo ramps up its recruiting in Assassin’s Creed III’s multiplayer mode. Several new gametypes are introduced, such as Wolf Pack
and Domination. In Wolf Pack, two or more players have to work cooperatively to assassinate targets. In Domination, two competing teams
must capture essential points on the map and control them. Several new characters and maps have also been revealed, but aside from that,
Ubisoft is remaining tight-lipped.​

bullshots62uum.png

mediarauyx.png

animusrfy14.png

And of course: thanks to iNvid02 for the EagleSans font, OmegaZero for proofreading and CrazyDude for giving me inspiration for the thread title.

Bladenic

$48 dollar pre-order on Newegg. CANNOT WAIT. Have so many other games to play but whatever, this will take precedence for now.

CyReN

Wow, didn't realize the game was this close.

Props to Ubisoft on the making of so far, as a fan I really enjoy those.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Aww inVid didn't do the OT =/

Was hoping for a new bible to read through

/swoons of the Ass Creed Rev OT

Leeness

Nice OP. Gets to the fucking point. I approve. :)

How do you pronounce Ratonhnhaké:ton, anyway? Don't say "Conner".

Wiki says it's something like "Ra-doon-ha-gay-doon". So...there you have it. lol

Edit: So late. Haha.

In other news:

xCEMb.gif

I'm so freaking excited. I got a job last weekend, so now I don't have to feel guilty about putting this on my credit card, haha. NO WAY AM I MISSING DAY 1, WOULD STARVE.

Vire

Didn't realize this was coming out in a week...

Definitely excited for it, but I have some reservations. (Story and graphics seem kinda weak)

dreamfall

HERE WE GO!!! So utterly hyped- most anticipated, like ever. Well, after Liberation that is!

Great OT- miss iNvid's awesome Revelations, but this is perfect as well!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've followed very little of this game because I want it to be fresh. I know the bare basics and that combat's supposed to be better.

What's Conner's personality? Ezio was very flamboyant. Altair was a potato.

Vire

I've followed very little of this game because I want it to be fresh. I know the bare basics and that combat's supposed to be better.

What's Conner's personality? Ezio was very flamboyant. Altair was a potato.

From what I've seen Conner seems like a bit of a Mary Sue.

Very altruistic and bent on fighting for what's right. (Yawn)

Top Bottom