• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target.com: PS Vita 3G bundle with 8 GB memory card - $179.99 + tax/ship

Pikma

Banned
I waaaant but I shouldn't do it, my budget is really low for the rest of the year. :(

But I waaaant it. :(

Tiamant

Entry price is great, but your monies will disappear because of the massive flood of games this machine has, mwahaha!

GavinGT

Banned
Shouldn't this be worrisome that the retailer is ostensibly taking a large hit on these to clear stock before the holidays?

Friggz

If i understand correctly, you dont need to go with the dataplan becuase the 3g version also has wifi?

I ask becuase I have a mifi through work, so i have a connection pretty much anywhere anyway. But that price is much better than the wifi version.

DiscoJer

Hmmm, they take Paypal, too

And bill me later.

Bought!

$194 total.

edit:

And mucho thanks for mentioning this, vermadas

Mario007

Shouldn't this be worrisome that the retailer is ostensibly taking a large hit on these to clear stock before the holidays?

It shouldn't as all the games coming to Vita for the Christmas seem to have a Vita bundle where you get the Vita, the Game and 4 GB memory card for the price of a Vita. That logically pushes the price of the non-bundled Vita SKUs down whether it's through a Sony directed cut or not.

Another option is that there will only be bundles available for the Christmas, in which case this is standard procedure.

Alternatively, and Sony did this in Japan, Sony could be implementing a stealth small price cut to help sell the Vita for a period of time.

Ken

Is 8 gigs enough?

Depends. Stuff like AC and Blazblue are like 3+ GB each. You'd be able to fit 2 big games and a few smaller titles like Mutant Blobs or whatnot on an 8 GB. It could become a pain to delete and put on new games but yeah.

This doesn't require any sort of data plan contract for simple Wifi, correct? $20 for shipping/tax.

Simple Wifi like using the wireless internet in your own house? It shouldn't, although I can't remember if my Vita unit is 3G or Wifi only. >.>

This doesn't require any sort of data plan contract for simple Wifi, correct? $20 for shipping/tax.

No plan needed for wifi, just a hotspot. Doesn't support enterprise though...

Speaking of plans, ATT needs to come up with some better ones than the 2 they have.

Noogy

Simple Wifi like using the wireless internet in your own house? It shouldn't, although I can't remember if my Vita unit is 3G or Wifi only. >.>

Thanks. I would assume a plan wouldn't be required. I'd admittedly like to see the wifi-only model sell for $129, but that's not going to happen. Wifi/3G model bought.

dani_dc

Depends. Stuff like AC and Blazblue are like 3+ GB each. You'd be able to fit 2 big games and a few smaller titles like Mutant Blobs or whatnot on an 8 GB. It could become a pain to delete and put on new games but yeah.

Do keep in mind that saves are connected to the installations (of downloadable games ) and deleting one deletes both (unless that was fixed already), which could be a big issue for certain games.

Ken

No plan needed for wifi, just a hotspot. Doesn't support enterprise though...

Speaking of plans, ATT needs to come up with some better ones than the 2 they have.

I'm curious how many people still have 3G data plans since there aren't that many games that support 3G multiplayer and I can't imagine internet browsing to be as good an experience if you have an iPad or something.

Do keep in mind that saves are connected to the installations (of downloadable games ) and deleting one deletes both (unless that was fixed already), which could be a big issue for certain games.

Ah yeah, forgot about that since I haven't had to delete anything yet off my 16GB card.

Sandfox

Even if the Vita dies in 2013, it's still got a huge library of PSP games, PS1 games, and PS Mobile, so it's not like it becomes a doorstop if there aren't any more true Vita games.

While I think the Vita is worth a buy, it dying would more than likely mean that existing Vita's wouldn't be able to access PSN.

Good price but it's so close to black friday and I really want to see the ads leak before buying any more games or systems.

But I'm so tempted, hmmmmm

The Vita is a great machine, and it can play well over a thousand games. This system is going anywhere soon, but even if Sony did the unthinkable and pulled the plug on it, it would be still be the best way to play PSP and PSOne classics on the go, in addition to the great games made specifically for the system that are already out.

You should buy one unless you're worried that this indicates a price cut. It might be an indicator of 3G being dropped more than anything, though.

Jawmuncher

The Vita is a great machine, and it can play well over a thousand games. This system is going anywhere soon, but even if Sony did the unthinkable and pulled the plug on it, it would be still be the best way to play PSP and PSOne classics on the go, in addition to the great games made specifically for the system that are already out.

You should buy one unless you're worried that this indicates a price cut. It might be an indicator of 3G being dropped more than anything, though.

Its going to be.
Have no clue why they even bothered in the first place.
Since they haven't tried to market it as a tablet or something.
Plus hell even with tablets Wifi Versions sell a lot more than the one with 3G

Mario007

Its going to be.
Have no clue why they even bothered in the first place.
Since they haven't tried to market it as a tablet or something.
Plus hell even with tablets Wifi Versions sell a lot more than the one with 3G

They honestly should have went with the carrier locked 3G versions costing like 20 euro plus data plan for 2 years.

Syriel

This is a launch bundle.

That means it's a victim of Target's pricing policy, not indicative of anything bigger.

Basically, Target sees all bundles as individual SKUs.

Since this one hasn't been made in a year, it's hit the clearance cycle.

The discount will be specific to this one particular bundle.

QP3

Damn, that's a good deal.

I really want, although I am on a tight budget with school and all.

Surely there will be comparable Black Friday Sales...right?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I have a feeling holiday sales will definitely take it to $150ish, at least the wifi version. Shipping on these kinds of deals kills it. Unless you really, really wanted a 3g version. Otherwise you can find Vitas for under 200 in a lot of places.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
People on the fence should pick this up. It is a great deal and comes with a decently sized memory card, and vita is having a good deal of awesome releases this month.

Awesome, just bought one for my son. Was going to be his Christmas gift regardless, though just the wifi one. Still saved $50 off of that one even after tax/shipping.

Thanks for posting this, OP.

Hmm. Worth the 15 minute drive? Says my target has limited stock

Might be online only. I've found when it says Online Price on the website, it's generally just an online, well, price.

Awesome, just bought one for my son. Was going to be his Christmas gift regardless, though just the wifi one. Still saved $50 off of that one even after tax/shipping.

Thanks for posting this, OP.

Might be online only. I've found when it says Online Price on the website, it's generally just an online, well, price.

Alright, what the hell. Ordered on online

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I would like to remind all of you guys that if you spend 100 bucks on psn this month, you get 20 bucks back. This ends in a few days, so you may want to buy it now and take advantage of the savings.

Jarnet87

Will wait it out for another year or two. Still not a single Vita title that interests me. Have they added the PS One classics for Vita feature yet?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

I couldn't sleep at night because of this sale. Definitely worried

Target is doing online price matching starting Nov 1st btw if you want to wait and try your luck instore

I'm definitely getting one by the end of the year but I don't really want one with 3g at all, as odd as that sounds. I'm sure it can be used without it/a plan?

Either way that's a great deal, so I'm still deciding.

DBT85

While I think the Vita is worth a buy, it dying would more than likely mean that existing Vita's wouldn't be able to access PSN.

Where the hell did you pull that from?

I'm definitely getting one by the end of the year but I don't really want one with 3g at all, as odd as that sounds. I'm sure it can be used without it/a plan?

The 3G is entirely optional. If you don't want to use it then just don't buy any bandwidth.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

You don't have to use the 3G. Just keep wifi on

Top Bottom