• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED: Fight For Fortune Coming to PS Vita in December

Hi everyone! I am excited to announce UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune, an original title coming to the PlayStation Store exclusively for PS Vita this December.
UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune is an action-adventure turn-based card game featuring the heroes and villains from the UNCHARTED universe. Take a look at the new trailer of the game below to give you an idea of how combat works.

So you’re probably wondering, how exactly does Fight For Fortune work? I’ll explain. The core gameplay in UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune involves creating a team of Faction cards featuring heroes, villains, and mercenaries from the UNCHARTED universe, then using that team to defeat your opponent while defending yourself from their attacks.

Each Faction card can be equipped with powerful Resource and valuable Fortune cards, which enhance their stats and give them special abilities. Once you’ve selected and equipped a card, it’s time to head into battle! During combat, attacks either reduce the health of opposing Faction cards or the health of your opponent. Defeating an opposing Faction card removes it from play, while reducing the health of your opponent to zero wins you the game.

The rich lore that surrounds the UNCHARTED universe gave us the opportunity to create UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss, complete with lush, artifact-filled environments. With over 300 treasures to be found, we wanted to find a way to allow our fans to delve deeper into the artifact collections and mysteries of the UNCHARTED universe.

Along with the release of UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune, we will also release a new patch for UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss that will power up the artifacts that you’ve collected for immediate use within Fight for Fortune. Using the artifacts found within Golden Abyss, you can go to battle with other players as well as AI opponents. The game can also be played independently of Golden Abyss, so owning the PS Vita title is not required.

Bend Studio Co-Director John Garvin and I have led the charge on UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune since the launch of Golden Abyss to take the mobile UNCHARTED experience even further. In addition to our close collaboration with Naughty Dog, we are also pleased to introduce One Loop Games, a team of talented industry veterans who worked closely with us to chart new ground into the UNCHARTED universe.

UNCHARTED: Fight For Fortune is launching December 4 for $4.99 on PS Vita. There will be much more to talk about as we quickly approach the launch date, including some great additional DLC on launch day, so keep your PS Vita handy and get ready to go fortune hunting!

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/19/uncharted-fight-for-fortune-coming-to-ps-vita-in-december/
Video: http://youtu.be/3Ci1n0cRCUM

Another day; another leak.

$4.99 sounds decent, though I hope that this being a card game, they don't skin the shit outta it via DLC.

EDIT: Just saw the video; it is skinned via DLC. Meh.

Cade

I was excited. Asynch multiplayer Uncharted card game that looks like it takes SOME cues from the (pretty good) Uncharted board game? Sure.

But $5 if they're gonna go the DLC route.... eh....

BY2K

Membero Americo
Card game spin-off.
DLC announced for day one AT THE SAME TIME AS THE GAME ITSELF.

Marvelous.

Goldrusher

They couldn't patch this into Golden Abyss?

Along with the release of UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune, we will also release a new patch for UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss that will power up the artifacts that you’ve collected for immediate use within Fight for Fortune. Using the artifacts found within Golden Abyss, you can go to battle with other players as well as AI opponents. The game can also be played independently of Golden Abyss, so owning the PS Vita title is not required.
Or is it?

"can also be played independently" implies you can play it both from within Golden Abyss, or using the standalone app, right?

XVsWV.jpg

Uncharted Vita will have been out 10-12 months when this hits. A bit late on that.

Also, the video didn't make it look fun in the least.

Ein Bear

Ohhh, didn't someone find data related to this in Golden Abyss a while back? People thought it was GA's multiplayer and that it would be patched in IIRC.

Vita-exclusive? I call BS. The Australian whatsitcalled declared it to be a multiplatform title. Coming to Playstation 4, maybe? In any case, it sounds like an alright game.

Vita owners can look forward to some "great DLC" at launch, though. Why include it in the game when you can charge extra money for it?

Xater

There are CCGs for your smartphone which are free.

This is not going to help the Vita and by that I mean sell systems.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Bend Studio Co-Director John Garvin and I have led the charge on UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune since the launch of Golden Abyss to take the mobile UNCHARTED experience even further

mighty..fallen..

Look like Bend is now Uncharted Vita studio,they will never ever touch or work on Syphon Filter game again. ;_;

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oh man. This is so so so awesome.

As somebody who loves card games and somebody who loves Uncharted I seriously cannot wait to mess around with this.

Acosta

Errr, is this what Bend is doing... ?

Edit: ok, I understand it's a small project and they probably didn't put many resources on it buut, didn't they have anyone else to make this?

Carl

Errr, is this what Bend is doing... ?

Edit: ok, I understand it's a small project and they probably didn't put many resources on it buut, didn't they have anyone else to make this?

Looks like a studio called One Loop Games did a lot of the work on it. Bend probably just helped out.

Top Bottom