• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Dacascos will be KUNG LAO in MK Legacy Season 2!

Haunted

Glad to see so many recognizing the greatness of the original (and still best) Drive. Was afraid I just liked it because I was a dumb kid at the time, but rewatching it recently, it does genuinely kick ass. One of those movies that's just fun as hell.
fist. boots.

'nuff said.

GrayFoxPL

Mark Dacascos fucking sucks. Terrible actor.

And the MK web videos sucked too. Can't believe WB actually wants to continue them and possibly do an entire move that'll bomb.

ibTOR4nvAdlc9.gif

fernoca

Why are they doing a second season? I thought a movie was confirmed? And it had some retarded story line of a grocery bag boy getting dimensional powers and joining the Mortal Kombat tournament.
Tons watched it on YouTube, was considered a success by WB, Kevin always wanted to make Season 2 with Liu Kang and other characters.

Movie's confirmed, a script is there (not "the" script it seems), and apparently has nothing to do with the grocery boy (Kevin said so himself; so who knows). Filming's supposed to take place later in 2013, for a 2014 release.

ArjanN

Only bad news is Casper Van Starship Trooper is Johnny Cage, dude in season 1 did a good job, wish he would have returned.
Casper Van Diem in the role of a shallow, B-movie Hollywood prettyboy.
So not much acting required. :p

Tons watched it on YouTube, was considered a success by WB, Kevin always wanted to make Season 2 with Liu Kang and other characters.

Movie's confirmed, a script is there (not "the" script it seems), and apparently has nothing to do with the grocery boy (Kevin said so himself; so who knows). Filming's supposed to take place later in 2013, for a 2014 release.

Okay, good. I flipped a table over how bad that story idea was.

fernoca

Interestingly..
Dan Southworth also confirmed he will be in the series. Now he didn't said who is he playing; but...

Kenshi was one of the first characters announced for this season and...his name was tipped constantly years ago for the third movie (called Devastation) back then to play Kenshi. Plus he looks like him :p

fypVn.jpg

awesome choice. He's a great martial artist, a pretty good actor, and he was the fugging CHAIRMAN. Sure, he's not as great as Kaga, but he works.

Glass Rebel

Dacascos is the man, they finally got someone to play Johnny Cage who looks the part and SHANG FUCKING TSUNG. Really looking forward to this, I enjoyed Season 1.

GrayFoxPL

Interestingly..
Dan Southworth also confirmed he will be in the series. Now he didn't said who is he playing; but...

Kenshi was one of the first characters announced for this season and...his name was tipped constantly years ago for the third movie (called Devastation) back then to play Kenshi. Plus he looks like him :p

fypVn.jpg

Imdb:
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2012) (VG) (motion capture: Ryu Hayabusa)
... aka "Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge" - USA (reissue title)
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (2012) (VG) (motion capture artist)
Killzone 3 (2011) (VG) (motion capture)

Avatar (2009) (motion capture actor) (uncredited)
... aka "Avatar: An IMAX 3D Experience" - USA (IMAX version)
... aka "Avatar: Special Edition" - USA (longer version)
... aka "James Cameron's Avatar" - USA (promotional title)
Ghostbusters (2009) (VG) (motion capture artist)
... aka "Ghostbusters: The Video Game" - USA (game box title)
Resident Evil 5 (2009) (VG) (motion capture artist)
... aka "Biohazard 5" - Japan (original title)
The Bourne Conspiracy (2008) (VG) (motion capture artist)
... aka "Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy" - USA (long title)
Lost Planet: Colonies (2008) (VG) (motion capture artist)
... aka "Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition" - USA (long title)
Resistance: Fall of Man (2006) (VG) (motion capture artist)
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening (2005) (VG) (motion actor: Vergil) (as Dan SouthWorth)
... aka "Devil May Cry 3" - Japan (original title)
... aka "DMC 3: Dante's Awakening" - Japan (English title)

Wow! Dude is both Vergil and Ryu Hayabusa.

Obamanotbad.jpg

The Hermit

Holy fuck great news all around... Hell, i totally forgot about the series, I need to watch the rest of season 1. How many episodes it had?

Sojgat

I love Mark Dacascos and his awful career trajectory, MK web series pffft! Drive is the greatest western martial arts movie ever made though (watch it and realise it came out two years BEFORE the Matrix). Dude is handcuffed to Kadeem Hardison for most of that movie and it's still amazing. I'll watch anything he does. I watch Hawaii Five-0 for shit sake.

Edit: No Matt Mullins is sad, that guy is awesome too. His fight in Blood and Bone is epic. He's fucking Wing Knight for fuck's sake.

fernoca

Another casting update..with a twist.

Michael Jai White confirmed on his Twitter that he won't be returning for Season 2 of Legacy (he played Jax in the first season and the Rebirth short)...

But, he also said that he will reprise the role in the upcoming/new MK movie.

(From MK Online.)

Jax was confirmed last year for the movie, along Kabal.
With Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Goro too. The "MK song" is apparently making a return, updated (and Kevin's a big fan of Skrillex; which did the Reptile song for last year's 'inspired by soundtrack').

And as noted, Jeri Ryan is also not returning to play Sonya in Legacy S2; though the character of Sonya will.

Replicant

Surprisingly the actor, Matt Mullins, wanted to return but had to audition once again and was subsequently asked not to return. I spoke to Matt last week about the matter so you can check out my interview for the full details.

WTF? He was perfect in the 1st season.

Also not returning for Legacy’s sophomore season is actor Tahmoh Penikett, the man who brought the first likable version of Kurtis Stryker to life.
Michael Jai White confirmed on his Twitter that he won't be returning for Season 2 of Legacy (he played Jax in the first season and the Rebirth short)...
And as noted, Jeri Ryan is also not returning to play Sonya in Legacy S2

Eugh. I really lose interest for the 2nd season now. It's like they are going for budget actors for the 2nd season.

Seik

Banned
''Your soul is mine!''

y2P3a.png

The man changed, but you can still clearly see that his ability to steal souls is intact.

GrayFoxPL

^^^He's just ready to play MK1 Shang Tsung!

Kitana's outfit.
ijhNe8UjNzBZQ.jpg

Looks more like SB/SC Taki's outfit then Kitana's.

GrayFoxPL

Apparently they've already finished filming the second season!

Pic from completion party.

iSxRjGvJ7CoxZ.jpg

That was fast.

No onto "The Movie".

Go! Go! Go!

adelante

Wait, so it's been confirmed there'll be a movie based on this series? Anyway, can't wait for this upcoming season!!!

GrayFoxPL

Btw you guys know The Stunt People?

Amazing dudes doing low budged but awesome martial arts movies. If you didn't see Contour, watch it asap.

Anyway, their leader Eric Jacobus is gonna play Stryker, but with his skills he's overqualified lol.

GrayFoxPL

I just found out about no Michael Jai White :(. That's a real bummer

I remember how some site invited him to play mk9 when it was released. He didn't give a fuck and played with his phone, keeping "What I'm doing with these nerds?" face. Lol.

fernoca

He will be in the "reboot movie" anyway. So, maybe they're just trying to distance the series from the movie. The storyline's are not going to be conected (at the moment at least).

A few more pics...

Casper Van Dien as Johnny Cage, along Garrett Warren (no named role yet)...
Casper along Kevin, the director of MK...
John Wusah as Bi-Han/Elder Sub-Zero (not 100% confirmed yet)
Eric Jacobus (Stryker), Kevin Tancharoen (series director and Casper Van Dien (Johnny Cage) on set...
Samantha Jo/Sam Tjhia (Kitana) and Michelle Lee (Mileena) getting ready for filming...
Dan Southworth as..not known yet.
In the first pic he looks like Kenshi (before going blind I guess), but on the second one he looks like Bo Rai Cho.
Then again, in the games..Kenshi left to meditate/train for years and during that time he ended blind..so that could explain his "rough" look.. :p

WTF? He was perfect in the 1st season.

Eugh. I really lose interest for the 2nd season now. It's like they are going for budget actors for the 2nd season.

Jeri Ryan is way too old to play Sonya. And for those wanting more MK1 movie actors- you have to remember they're too old as well. Lambert was never a great Raiden (okay for that movie), especially seeing how NR developed his character in MK9.

GrayFoxPL

He will be in the "reboot movie" anyway. So, maybe they're just trying to distance the series from the movie. The storyline's are not going to be conected (at the moment at least).

And yeap..here' a small pic of Eric Jacobus as Stryker and Casper Van Dien as Johnny Cage.

BM9c8.jpg

And here's a pic Dan Southworth tweeted recently..his character hasn't been revealed yet...

Swat Stryker looks cool but if that's Cage costume then he must be homeless.

Bet Dan Southworth is Kenshi.

fernoca

Swat Stryker looks cool but if that's Cage costume then he must be homeless.

Bet Dan Southworth is Kenshi.

Yep, seems to be his "costume".

Added bigger/more pics, you can see kneepads too on his jeans!!! just like the games!!!.. :p

Dan's other pics makes him look kinda like Bo Rai Cho. :p

VV0ew.png

GrayFoxPL

Nice new pics fernoca.

Cage's looking better but can he shadow kick?

i5eT1jMlmweG2.png

Edit.
Yep, seems to be his "costume".

Added bigger/more pics, you can see kneepads too on his jeans!!! just like the games!!!.. :p

Dan's other pics makes him look kinda like Bo Rai Cho. :p

VV0ew.png

Bo Rai Cho, could be.

Maybe someone other from DA or Deception. Hotaru?

But if they included Havik it would be the best shit ever made.

Cardon

New pics of the cast, presumably the main combatants, has been released. There's speculation as to who the guy in the white garb is (likely Raiden), and who the black ninja could be. Chances are it's Noob Saibot but he was never mentioned to be part of the cast as only Ermac was announced. Cast looks solid so far so I'm hyped to see the first footage.

mk%20cast%20piv.jpg

S1kkZ

costumes look a bit cheap in the photos, hope they come across better in motion.
anyway, still very excited for season 2!

Top Bottom