• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Vita development is up to Take-Two and Sony, says Levine

Blablurn

A BioShock title for Vita is something Irrational’s Ken Levine is interested in developing, but he’s told Eurogamer the decision to create the game for the handheld is up to Sony and Take-Two.

Levine said he has “cool design” ideas for BioShock Vita, but he needs the go-ahead from “the business people” before getting to work.

“Where the Vita stands right now, it’s in the hands of the business people at Take-Two and the business people at Sony working out, hey, what happens in these business people discussions? Fortunately I don’t have to take part in it any more because I sold my company a long time ago,” he said.

“It’s something I’m still very interested in. I still have a cool design for it. It’s a question of, do those guys come to find the right mix that makes everybody happy to make that happen?”

Don’t be hoping for a port of Infinite though, at least not yet, because it may be something entirely different altogether.

“I’ve never said it was Infinite,” said Levine. “It will be something. I’m always hesitant to talk too much about things we don’t have anything to show because it’s getting ahead of ourselves.

“I’m trying to be very careful.”

BioShock Infinite releases on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 in March.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/07/bioshock-vita-development-is-up-to-take-two-and-sony-says-levine/

Takao

Banned
Sony shouldn't be paying for this game's development. Even if it's a great game it wouldn't move hardware.

Blablurn

levineheaderimg530pxhwmed.jpg

SmokyDave

Sadly, I won't hold my breath.

It can join Borderlands and Oblivion in the list of franchises that could be great on a portable but won't ever happen.

Chesskid1

Banned
seems like a few people want to make games for the vita.

problem is, the people putting up the $$$ don't really want to. ;(

Nihillistic (or whatever their new name is) to the rescue!

In all seriousness, if development hasn't started it wouldn't come out until 2014 at the earliest (for a good, non COD: D kinda product). Is it worth it? I doubt it.

This is reason #1 games that haven't been shown as playable outside of the publisher should NOT be used in list wars. He already said the only reason he announced it in the first place is because Sony begged him to when they announced the system to show support even if it was just a name on paper.

Hmm, completely forgot this was a thing, can't say I was interested , certainly not the type of game I play on my vita , but disappointing to see the state of such a thing.

Isn't this really, really old news? Anyone who is clinging to this as something to own a Vita for is delusional. I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually got a cool (or completely terrible) "Bioshock" game for Vita, but I also wouldn't be surprised to never see one at all.

Fire Adam Boyes shit fire the guy in charge of 3rd party relations in Japan as well. Getting announcements secured and not actual releases is a huge embarrassment for SCE.

Sid

Fire Adam Boyes shit fire the guy in charge of 3rd party relations in Japan as well. Getting announcements secured and not actual releases is a huge embarrassment for SCE.
SONY does this crap all the time see:Versus 13,TLG,FFX HD,Agent,RE,DMC,Elder Scrolls portable,COD VITA etc..

Mikeside

Really annoying having him come out on stage at Sony's E3 conference and saying he's found a great home for a Bioshock game in the Vita, then it turns out it's basically bullshit.

I was expecting it, but I'm still annoyed.

Angry Fork

Can teams like Irrational do 'freelance' work while they're under the Take Two banner? Like what if Sony just worked out a deal with Irrational where they paid for the development and acted as if it was a first party game? Does Take Two have to be involved because they 'own' Irrational and the people there?

edit - Nevermind just realized Take Two owns the 'Bioshock' name which is what would be the problem. What if they made a new IP but with Bioshock elements?

Shahed

While I was never that interested in this game for my Vita, the fact that they announced it all that time ago and it still hasn't started development is laughable.

Can teams like Irrational do 'freelance' work while they're under the Take Two banner? Like what if Sony just worked out a deal with Irrational where they paid for the development and acted as if it was a first party game? Does Take Two have to be involved because they 'own' Irrational and the people there?

edit - Nevermind just realized Take Two owns the 'Bioshock' name which is what would be the problem. What if they made a new IP but with Bioshock elements?

If Take Two 'owns' Irrational the deal have to be negotiated with them. That is why Levine said he doesn't sit in business meetings anymore. He comes to work, is given a list of tasks and milestones to complete, that's all. He is not involved in any business decisions.

codhand

What's funny is Ken must know he didn't say "Vita x Bioshock", but if you told me yesterday that he did, I would believe it. It sure seemed like that was the announcement in hindsight.

Biggzy

Who Irrational? They are a subsidiary of Take Two so the game has to be published by 2K.

Top Bottom