• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

dancrane212
(01-02-2013, 02:32 PM)
I just saw this on twitter, I guess the demo went up a couple days ago on the Japanese marketplace before getting pulled.

Last thing we heard about the game was an indefinite delay right before it's launch on June 13th.

Anyone manage to grab it in time?

EDIT

Draikin 2 posted a playthrough of the demo here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0tWhS7hJJA
Last edited by dancrane212; 01-02-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Sho_Nuff82
(01-02-2013, 02:34 PM)
More importantly, is it still Kinect only? The complete blackout on the title does not inspire confidence.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(01-02-2013, 02:34 PM)
Some people managed to play it in the XBLA thread before it got delisted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...493651&page=26

Originally Posted by HadesGigas

Crimson Dragon をご購入いただき、ありがとうございました。
アイテムは、ダウンロードが完了すると Xbox 360 本体のマイ ゲームに表示されます。

Added it to my queue!

Edit: Played it. No controllers allowed. And of course the buy full version stuff is blocked off with the usual -1msp thing.

Looks like there's online co-op in the full version.

Game seemed decently controllable, not sure how easy the leaning to move stuff would be once you're past the first few levels though.

wrog
(01-02-2013, 02:35 PM)
Crimson Dragon - Early Demo Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ifO72YsjZU
Mdk7
Sequel dreams killed
by Graham Hopper
(01-02-2013, 02:35 PM)
FUUUUUUU it's still one of my most wanted games.
Team Andromeda <3
Raide
(01-02-2013, 02:49 PM)
Looks like Panzer Dragoon...which means it should be great! At least my Kinect has something else to do.
sechsterangriff
(01-02-2013, 03:02 PM)
It's Panzer Dragoon with no 360 view.
Baconsammy
Banned
(01-02-2013, 03:19 PM)
Dragon animations look really really stiff and awkward to me.
Bomber Bob
(01-02-2013, 03:20 PM)
MAI GEEMU
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(01-02-2013, 03:21 PM)
what the hell is going on with this?
nubbe
(01-02-2013, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by wrog

Crimson Dragon - Early Demo Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ifO72YsjZU

dat kinect

Combichristoffersen
Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Looks pretty neat, but it needs more Draconis Albionensis.
infinityBCRT
I imagine it'd be better off if they held it to be an Xbox 3/Kinect 2 launch title.
Grisby
(01-02-2013, 03:25 PM)
The little kinect man in the left doing the 'kinect wiggle' had me laughing.
Kagari
Almost there.
(01-02-2013, 03:26 PM)
Hasn't this game been finished for a while now?
Blimblim
The Inside Track
(01-02-2013, 03:28 PM)
It certainly doesn't even try to be anything but a Panzer Dragoon game. Not that I'm complaining.
The music. The music!
Meatvillain
Banned
(01-02-2013, 03:33 PM)
Demo looks pretty gorgeous, shame about the herky-jerky kinect controls making the dragon's movement look rather terrible.

Edit: Huh, even the dragon's animations themselves are a bit odd, I don't know if it's intentional but to some extent they kind of have a stop-motion charm to them...or am I giving the game too much credit for what is actually a technical problem?
Akkad
Banned
(01-02-2013, 03:38 PM)
Who the fuck is gonna buy this now? Nobody gives a fuck about kinect anymore, especially not in Japan. Why keep delaying it?
Zaventem
They delayed it for controller support i hope..
Acosta
Not buying this game is going to be a sad, sad thing for me.

Fuck you Kinect.
Pie and Beans
Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
(01-02-2013, 03:42 PM)
Such lovely graphics and music, such terrible gameplay :(
Last edited by Pie and Beans; 01-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.
KageMaru
(01-02-2013, 03:43 PM)
They need to release this game already. I thought it was done for a while now. Looks gorgeous for a UE3 title IMO.

Originally Posted by Mdk7

FUUUUUUU it's still one of my most wanted games.
Team Andromeda <3

Yup, the only reason why I still have my stupid Kinect.
Last edited by KageMaru; 01-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Danneee
(01-02-2013, 03:48 PM)
Is there any reason, gameplay wise, that this could not be played with a controller?
Pie and Beans
Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
(01-02-2013, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Danneee

Is there any reason, gameplay wise, that this could not be played with a controller?

Would become far too easy with a controller when the whole game has been balanced to clumsy ass-shit body motion controls. The reason the game exists at all is because MS threw money their way to validate their shitty peripherals existence in the eye of the hardcore, so I guess otherwise it wouldnt have existed.

Would have much rather the languishing remnants of Team Andromeda instead had started a "WANT A HARDCORE SPIRITUAL SEQUEL TO PANZER DRAGOON?!" Kickstarter instead though.
REMEMBER CITADEL
(01-02-2013, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by op_ivy

what the hell is going on with this?

Originally Posted by Kagari

Hasn't this game been finished for a while now?

From the XBLA thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1024
Lighting Gels
(01-02-2013, 04:04 PM)
Too much prejudice here.
BTW I managed to download and play the demo.
Raide
(01-02-2013, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Lighting Gels

Too much prejudice here.

Did you play any of the other Panzer Dragoon games? How did the demo feel?
twinturbo2
butthurt Heat fan

Too much prejudice here.

Impressions?
Ingueferroque
So it looks 1) Kinect only and 2) you can't control the camera, just the dragon and the lock-on system?

Ugh, I'll have to continue pretending that this does not exist.

Gorgeous colors and designs though.
abadguy

Too much prejudice here.

How was it?
Angelus Errare
this looks like one of those Final Fantasy games lionhead always makes
(01-02-2013, 04:11 PM)
Looks kinda lame compared to Panzer Dragoon games of times passed.
hwalker84
(01-02-2013, 04:13 PM)
It was decent at Pax East. I still wish it had a controller option.
Lighting Gels
(01-02-2013, 04:15 PM)
I still play PDO from time to time.
Some aspects have been simplified in CD due to Kinect control.
Dragon is controlled with your body while you fire missiles with your right hand and rapid fire with your left hand.
Control works well but keep in mind that is nothing close to a stick.
Overall a nice game to enjoy if an openminded gamer.
Raide
(01-02-2013, 04:16 PM)
Really want to see some co-op play. Shame the demo got pulled.

Dragon is controlled with your body while you fire missiles with your right hand and rapid fire with your left hand.

Sounds pretty cool. Kinect has always been the games focus since they announced it, so I have no issues knowing it uses Kinect.
Ingueferroque
(01-02-2013, 04:17 PM)

I'm sure I could find pleasure in it, but the simple thought of knowing how much potential it could have if only given a traditional control method (along with a little radar in the HUD), its a really frustrating project. I bet the developers aren't too happy either as they probably don't have the choice of putting it in.
Riposte
(01-02-2013, 04:18 PM)
I thought this was another Kinect + controller game.
Raide
(01-02-2013, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Ingueferroque

I'm sure I could find pleasure in it, but the simple thought of knowing how much potential it could have if only given a traditional control method (along with a little radar in the HUD), its a really frustrating project. I bet the developers aren't too happy either as they probably don't have the choice of putting it in.

It could have a load of potential with Kinect. The Panzer games were not that complex in the first place, plus they could have added some more interesting gestures to make combat more in-depth. Will be interesting to see how the dragoon raising goes. Would be ncie to have way more depth to that side of things.
∀ Narayan
the carnival of stupid
(01-02-2013, 04:26 PM)
I'm really digging the music in this. It sounds more like a Panzer Dragoon soundtrack than Panzer Dragoon Orta does. Saori Kobayashi co-scored the soundtracks for Panzer Dragoon Saga (with Mariko Nanba) and Panzer Dragoon Orta (with Yutaka Minobe). Looks like this soundtrack is a solo effort.

My thoughts exactly.
Last edited by ∀ Narayan; 01-02-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Raide
(01-02-2013, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by ∀ Narayan

I'm really digging the music in this. It sounds more like a Panzer Dragoon soundtrack than Panzer Dragoon Orta does. Saori Kobayashi composed the soundtracks for Panzer Dragoon Saga (with Mariko Nanba) and Panzer Dragoon Orta (with Yutaka Minobe). Looks like this soundtrack is a solo effort.

I wonder if they will OST it around the same time?
PetriP-TNT
(01-02-2013, 04:37 PM)
Did Orta have some animations on the dragon? I can't remember but in here it looks so annoying that only the wings move
REMEMBER CITADEL
(01-02-2013, 04:48 PM)

The whole game concept was built around Kinect from the very start. If I'm not mistaken, someone said in an interview that Grounding is not even that interested in making games like Crimson Dragon, but they did it because Microsoft asked them to.
∀ Narayan
the carnival of stupid
(01-02-2013, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by PetriP-TNT

Did Orta have some animations on the dragon? I can't remember but in here it looks so annoying that only the wings move

Yeah, she definitely did. She animated similarly to the previous riders in the series.
Doodis
(01-02-2013, 04:51 PM)
Gameplay looks pretty much exactly like Child of Eden, which was a great game for Kinect. I was hoping for more responsive control of the dragon. Even though it showed some maneuvering at the beginning, it seems like it turns to a completely on-rails experience. Not sure how you'd control where you're going when the camera is spinning around you the whole time.
GlenChivas
(01-02-2013, 04:52 PM)
It's basically Rez with dragons, right? I think I could get behind that.
Phat Michael
(01-02-2013, 05:04 PM)
it looks amazing. shame its kinect only though..my lounge room setup wont allow it :/
Phat Michael
(01-02-2013, 05:05 PM)

Originally Posted by GlenChivas

It's basically Rez with dragons, right? I think I could get behind that.

no its panza dragoon. with dragoons.
Khezu
(01-02-2013, 05:21 PM)
Looks like garbage, should have made Phantom Dust 2.
KageMaru
(01-02-2013, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Khezu

Looks like garbage, should have made Phantom Dust 2.

If you think this looks like garbage, I'd love to see what console game you consider good looking. Game looks great and the art direction is fantastic.
Clay Davis
(01-02-2013, 05:26 PM)
looks like digital sex. I've already convinced my friend to lend me his kinect. bring it on, I say. as soon as humanly possible. straddle me cd, straddle me all night long.
Symytry
(01-02-2013, 05:29 PM)

Originally Posted by REMEMBER CITADEL

The whole game concept was built around Kinect from the very start. If I'm not mistaken, someone said in an interview that Grounding is not even that interested in making games like Crimson Dragon, but they did it because Microsoft asked them to.

I remember Futatsugi saying in a 1-up interview with Milkman that he'd love to make more Panzer Dragoon, something along the lines of he absolutely must make another before he dies.

He's the kind of developer that spends months and months of time getting the lore, characters, story and balancing of the game down on paper before proceeding to develop, so I could see that he wouldn't be too loving towards Crimson Dragon, if it is forced and most likely rushed...

To get another Panzer game on par with what we've know and love would be nearly impossible, especially in today's market.

I'll still look forward to this however, because I also love the world of Panzer and Phantom Dust :P