• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kutcher lands in hospital with inflamed pancreas while imitating Steve Jobs' diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the paleo thread, but thought it would be interesting for a wider audience.

The late Steve Jobs was a vegan and sometimes lived on an all-fruit diet. Ashton Kutcher is playing Jobs in the upcoming movie “jOBS”. To get into character Kutcher tried the all-fruit diet. The result? He ended up in the hospital with stomach pains and an inflamed pancreas. His pancreas perhaps had to work extra hard to take care of all that sugar.

It’s scary, as Jobs died from pancreatic cancer.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/is-an-all-fruit-sugar-diet-bad-for-your-health

"The fruitarian diet can lead to like severe issues," Kutcher said after the film's screening. "I went to the hospital like two days before we started shooting the movie. I was like doubled over in pain.

"My pancreas levels were completely out of whack," Kutcher added. "It was really terrifying ... considering everything."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/26/ashton-kutcher-steve-jobs-sundance/1866023/

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Ashton Kutcher, the young Daniel Day Lewis.

I'm not an actor but I really don't understand going method to this extent. Does eating nothing but fruit really put Kutcher in the mindset of Steve Jobs? Does it help him understand Jobs drive or inspiration? Seems like overkill.

V_Arnold

I would like to say that it is really, really sad to see how DUMB the "only eat fruit" "movement" it is and how it is even more sad that the otherwise perfectly fine "vegan" type of eating* has nothing to do with the sugar-heavy stuff that humans just cant seem to escape from.

*Vegan as a term is so vague. Not eating animal products describe nothing about your eating habits. There are literally thousands of different type of grains, seeds, nuts, lentlis, fruits and vegetables to choose from - any combination of them can be vastly different from another one. And of course that means it is open for a healthy and an unhealthy lifestyle as well...

I guarantee that real actors like Daniel Day Lewis never ended up in the hospital when preparing for a role.

Kutcher's a dumb shit.

Raiden

Banned
He is taking his job to the next level.

Maybe we'll end up with a Black Swan esque scenario and Ashton Kutcher will perform the greatest acting in the hist...

Oh wait i'm still drunk.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"The fruitarian diet can lead to like severe issues," Kutcher said after the film's screening. "I went to the hospital like two days before we started shooting the movie. I was like doubled over in pain.

Ooph. Learn how to talk.

i am glad steve jobs was vegan. i respect people more if they are vegan or vegetarian. bill gates also promotes vegan lifestyle, even though im not sure if he actually is a strict vegan or even vegetarian.

I don't get the criticism. He should be applauded for helping to expose how much of a dumbass Jobs was in this regard. Maybe help to prevent others from having such a dumbass diet along with the "new-age" medicine that goes along with that thinking in some cases.

I don't get the criticism. He should be applauded for helping to expose how much of a dumbass Jobs was in this regard. Maybe help to prevent others from having such a dumbass diet along with the "new-age" medicine that goes along with that thinking in some cases.

First sensible post in the thread. Thank you.

ISOM

He should be applauded for that and taking his role seriously enough to follow it to this degree irregardless of whether he can act the part, but this is neogaf and the internet you know.

Wow, I didn't know that was Jobs's diet. Anyway, that's a horribly stupid idea. His blood sugar was probably crazy from eating all that sugar (fruit), then the pancreas has to keep pumping out insulin to keep blood sugar in check.

lenovox1

He should be applauded for that and taking his role seriously enough to follow it to this degree irregardless of whether he can act the part, but this is neogaf and the internet you know.

Everybody's process is different. (Ashton's just happens to be lazy and misguided. Don't applaud him for this mess.)

IceCold

Wow, I didn't know that was Jobs's diet. Anyway, that's a horribly stupid idea. His blood sugar was probably crazy from eating all that sugar (fruit), then the pancreas has to keep pumping out insulin to keep blood sugar in check.

He went through phases. Sometimes he'd only eat apples for weeks, other times only carrots (i think in his bio some people were saying his skin was starting to have an orange tint -- insert the Magic School bus reference here). He had a terrible diet, was an extremely picky eater, and had a small appetite too.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's a shame this still didn't lead to a good film.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm not an actor but I really don't understand going method to this extent. Does eating nothing but fruit really put Kutcher in the mindset of Steve Jobs? Does it help him understand Jobs drive or inspiration? Seems like overkill.

It does imply someone having an obsession with doing something everyone around you thinks doesn't make sense or isn't worth doing yet he keeps doing it anyway because he thinks you're all wrong and he's right.

I think it is revelatory of Jobs' character.

But that probably all flew over Kutcher's head anyway.

Shadybiz

He's really going all out.

images

It does imply someone having an obsession with doing something everyone around you thinks doesn't make sense or isn't worth doing yet he keeps doing it anyway because he thinks you're all wrong and he's right.

I think it is revelatory of Jobs' character.

But that probably all flew over Kutcher's head anyway.

It sure flew over mine. I didn't think about it from the angle of obsession. Thanks for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom