• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so what is the WORST ad?

Salsa

having new threads about the new and terrible Crysis 3 and MGR TV spots made me think of even worse offenders on terribleness (and when comparing, these two seem really harmless)

I think Your mom hates Dead Space 2 is probably up there for me.

squidyj

I liked the Crysis 3 ad, a lot. That no look bow shot was funny.

I guess if you thought it was trying to be serious you would think it was truly terrible.

Kyon

Banned
I'm not going to post it. It's NSFW and a (OT?) but Thumb Penis.

Does ANYONE remember that? I'm still SCREAMING

Sony a damn mess

Whichever one is currently in front of me. But also any ad with dubstep. The Wii U ads were atrocious. The Borderlands ad with it also. Ugh.

CronoShot

nut.jpg

I actually quite liked this stuff. If only because the formula for videogame ads is so old and tired that this just felt interesting. Weird as shit and super cryptic/pointless, but at least it was something else to look at.

Go watch Trainspotting and Eraserhead, then come back and say that again. This trailer is mortifying, and fails as a trailer since it doesn't even give the slightest hint as to what it's advertising. The PS3 could be some designer brand of Swedish coffee machine as far as this trailer tells me.

Salsa

Go watch Trainspotting and Eraserhead, then come back and say that again. This trailer is mortifying, and fails as a trailer since it doesn't even give the slightest hint as to what it's advertising. The PS3 could be some designer brand of Swedish coffee machine as far as this trailer tells me.

? I watched both several times and I dont really know how that would have any impact on my appreciation for the commercial

Im speaking purely from my own perspective. I dont care on wether or not it succeeds as a commercial because I already know what a Playstation 3 is.

I thought it was weird as hell and ballsy in some weird ass way. It was beyond stupid to do and it was clearly a mistake, but somehow I was glad they did it.

? I watched both several times and I dont really know how that would have any impact on my appreciation for the commercial

They all share nightmare babies. Horrifying, awful nightmare babies. I'm pretty sure watching all 3 back-to-back has been known to cause infanticide.

Im speaking purely from my own perspective. I dont care on wether or not it succeeds as a commercial because I already know what a Playstation 3 is.

I thought it was weird as hell and ballsy in some weird ass way. It was beyond stupid to do and it was clearly a mistake, but somehow I was glad they did it.

See, therein lies the problem. Although 99% of the people on this board would be able to discern what it's advertising in the first five seconds, parents or non-gamers might just think it's some sort of satanic device based on the information you're provided in the trailer.

At least the other ads here had the decency to tell us exactly what they were pitching.

Salsa

See, therein lies the problem. Although 99% of the people on this board would be able to discern what it's advertising in the first five seconds, parents or non-gamers might just think it's some sort of satanic device based on the information you're provided in the trailer.

At least the other ads here had the decency to tell us exactly what they were pitching.

I dont know about that. Id say the reason they were a mistake is because they fail to show any footage of sorts, but for what is worth I think the word "Playstation" was pretty much glued to parents heads at that point. Not to "the Nintendo" levels but you get what I mean.

I can see how it was off putting for more conservative parents tho, for sure. You dont wanna buy your kids the devil's box.

Then again as I said that has no impact on what I personally think of the ad

Top Bottom