• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so what is the WORST ad?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm not going to post it. It's NSFW and a (OT?) but Thumb Penis.

Does ANYONE remember that? I'm still SCREAMING

Sony a damn mess
Ugh, why did you have to remind me of this?!

I think the fake "viral" ad campaign perpetrated by Zipatoni (remember that?) takes the crown for me, but Thumb Penis is a close second...

EMT0

Banned
I think it is no coincidence that a solid half of this thread is made up of Sony commercials. Nope, no coincidence. Thank god they fired their ad team.

Worth it for the top comment.

EUlTzgG.png

"We have a six hundred dollar video game console to sell".

They had to get people talking about their $600 console. They weren't going to accomplish that through selling 'normal'.

A recent example of a misguided ad is this one.

What? How is that misguided? Other than the commercial showing people actually playing Wii U games. HIYOOOOOO!
I've only played Nintendo Land

This immediately comes to mind, in regards to bad ads.

That GoDaddy nerd kissing one was awful.

...oh, wait, awful gaming commercials? Hrmm. Well, I absolutely hated the Yoshi's Island commercial that rips off Mr. Creosote. Seriously, here's a game with a cute artstyle meant to evoke memories of crayon doodles by little children, and you advertise it by having a dude violently explode on camera. Made me feel physically ill. I can't bring myself to rewatch this one, but there's the link regardless.

And for awful in a good way, Action 52. "No, Ares, no."

Satch Fuji

Neo Member
The time someone thought it wise to advertise Yoshi's Island by recreating the Meaning of Life restaurant sketch. What's funny in a movie is not so cool when eating breakfast. Sure, projectile vomiting in the middle of my morning Batman cartoons.

GulAtiCa

Does the Shadow Man 2 PS2 almost ad by Acclaim of wanting to advertise on people's grave stones count? Never actually happened (since so horrible they had to rethink their dumb idea), but given how horrible/dumb it is, it prob counts.

KNT-Zero

Dragon Quest 6 DS Japanese ad

It's like.... beyond ridiculous. Acting is atrocious and non sensical. Oh, and you get bonus points if you understand their spanish (which I happen to do), and its even worse! These people are spanish-born but what they say looks like its taken from some Google Translator thing. It's... UGH!

Top Bottom