• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chotto Direct: Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection), new 3DS XL bundle for Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WsFLHd1H48

Box:
friendcoll.png

New Color: Mint X White
newcol.png

New Bundle
Has download version of the game pre-installed.
bun.bmp

Releases same day as the game, April 18th.
Here's another trailer for the game from a previous Nintendo Direct for those unsure what this is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e3VWO3iDt0

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The new color is MINT X White the bundle is a white one with a Tomodachi Collection print on it (that also happens to look a little minty).

Drago

That 3DS is pretty nice
too bad we'll never have it

What exactly is Tomodachi Collection and why will it never be localized?

The one thing I've never liked about the 3DS is the two-tone models, which is why when I eventually broke, I bought an all-black LL. The mint color is nice, though.

Drago

That mint X white XL is pretty bleh.

A lime green X white one would probably look really nice, or any dark green color.

If AC was selling normally, I think the timing would have been good. I somehow doubt Nintendo expected it to be pushing 70K units at this point in time. xD

Indeed, the decision was probably made well before AC became a success. Maybe it will help sales of this game? The original game did quite well, iirc. It's also Nintendo's big (only?) Golden Week title.

I don't know how well this game would fare here, honestly. It just doesn't feel like it would work.

Indeed. It's not something that screams obvious hit in the West, but you never know unless you try.

Penguin

Just curious, does anyone have a list/pics of all the special editions 3DS/XL they've released?
It seems like there has been a ton of em.

Indeed, the decision was probably made well before AC became a success. Maybe it will help sales of this game? The original game did quite well, iirc. It's also Nintendo's big (only?) Golden Week title.

Right, this and Pikmin 3.
;_;

But yeah, I don't know much about the series, and it's pretty easy to tell this could appeal to a similar audience as AC. I think there's a good possibility for this getting very nice sales, especially if the original did we'll like you said.

Instro

Well is an understatement, the original sold over 3 million I believe. This should sell to the same audience that AC does, so they will both be hanging around the charts for a while.

Well is an understatement, the original sold over 3 million I believe. This should sell to the same audience that AC does, so they will both be hanging around the charts for a while.

Wow.

3DS is going to sell sooo many units this year. There's still MonHun and Pokémon left to be released. Even if the console somehow doesn't have a stellar year, it's guaranteed to have consistent sales all year.

zroid

Banned
The bundle's XL design is weird, but I looooove that Mint x White. Might be my new favourite XL colouration.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
hopefully we get a real direct soon.

We just had a real one last month (in two parts), why would they have another before Tomodachi Collection launches?

I know some seem to think they'll be having another Wii U focused one soon, but unless they found some magic wands to magically make a strong line-up of games appear for the next few months is there really any reason to?

Top Bottom