• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia: PS4 specs are low end CPU and mid range GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source
"Compared to gaming PCs, the PS4 specs are in the neighborhood of a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU side,"

Tamasi also notes that consoles, by definition, are closed platforms and not upgradeable.
"What you get today in terms of performance is what you're stuck with five - 10 years down the road. PCs don't have these problems," he told TechRadar.
"They are open and can be upgraded at any time to harness the power of newer GPUs for more performance and to take advantage of newer, modern graphics technologies."

I-hate-u

images

"What you get today in terms of performance is what you're stuck with five - 10 years down the road. PCs don't have these problems," he told TechRadar.
It wouldn't be a problem if console games didn't hold PCs back .

gryz

Banned
someone is mad that they don't have any chips in the PS4. I'm sure the NVIDIA SHIELD will be much more successful than ps4.

Oh wow lol this is the 2nd time this week.

Just yesterday or the day before they were salty as fuck about not getting the console contracts and being underbid by AMD lol.

Doesn't make 'em any less correct though.

Tyrax

NVidia preaching the openness of the PC? Considering how much they hate Microsoft and hate providing good desktop Linux drivers, these are wonderfully hollow statements

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nvidia's not making cards for new xbox or new ps right? Unsurprising that they would promote their platform.

spekkeh

Banned
Compared to gaming PCs, the PS4 specs are in the neighborhood of a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU side,"

Tamasi also notes that consoles, by definition, are closed platforms and not upgradeable.
"What you get today in terms of performance is what you're stuck with five - 10 years down the road.

No this is.

nvidia-shield-640x353.jpg

Salsa

well sure they find it a threat, who wouldnt

stating facts when trying to fight back something is a pretty good argument, though.

Glass Rebel

The truth is in the salt.

But in all seriousness, he isn't exactly wrong, it just won't matter to most people. It's also kinda a repackaged news from the other day.

jerd

Didn't we already know this though? I feel like gaf has been saying this for months...

Equivalent of a HD7870 is low to midrange GPU?

I just got a 7870 for my PC and I'm by no means an enthusiast. It is a very affordable card I think. Definitely low-mid in the pc realm.

jay

I'm conflicted. I like making fun of tech obsessed true gamers but I also like making fun of hardware companies making fun of technology for not being for tech obsessed true gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom