• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Punch-Out!! (NES) is 30¢ (cents) MAR 20th to APR 18th on the Wii U eShop

Eric C

Last month F-Zero (SNES) was 30 cents You still have until the 21st of March to buy it for 30 cents if you haven't already.

This month:
Punch-Out!! (NES) is 30¢ (cents) MAR 20th to APR 18th on the Wii U eShop

North & South America: March 20th to April 18th. Last month the game went up around 12 noon EST or 9AM PST

Europe: Last month Europe had to wait 1 extra day until the normal eShop update on Thursday to get the new VC game. "This release is based on the US-NTSC version of the game running at 60Hz."

Japan: I don't even want to mention the game Japan is getting this month instead of Punch-Out :( Last month they got "Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo" instead of F-Zero. Starting next month the games for the remainder of the promotion will be the same for every region.

$0.30*
€0.30
£0.30
Canada: 0.30 Canadian dollars*
Mexico: 4.00 pesos*
Brazil: 1.00 reals*

*Prices do not include tax​

YFdbZRSl.jpg
3DozunAl.jpg

iRXAjPo.png
Punch-Out!! (Nintendo)

Part of the Family Computer 30th Anniversary Campaign.

What rookie boxer Little Mac lacks in size, he makes up for in determination. And with trainer Doc Louis by his side, Little Mac is ready to win big! NES classic Punch-Out!! pits your pint-sized pugilist against such diverse rivals as the fragile-jawed Frenchman Glass Joe, sucker-punching Russian Soda Popinski and the Hollywood heavyweight Super Macho Man. Use jabs, body blows, hooks and uppercuts to discover your opponent's weak spot and make the knockout blow. Also, look out for an appearance by Mario as the referee!

Nintendo eShop - Punch-Out!!™ Featuring Mr. Dream Trailer

Original NES Mike Tyson commercial

SCREENCAPS
KKnNnGT.png
Jl3ipCI.png
wjbuGGq.png

2fZX4iO.png
pUjkpMZ.png
UEY6St8.png

CHARACTERS

SSEnaKg.png

54wD56Y.png
ko12Nu2.png
R1xHlS9.png
2GLMYgI.png

ymzudei.png
tBKxrpW.png
BioT8kZ.png
RCnmu9A.png

R1T3vhm.png
7wgAaNU.png
JiqESQo.png

Iwata Asks: Punch Out

Wada: This is a great opportunity, so I have something I'd like to say. In Punch-Out!!, the game gives you a lot of hints about effective timing of punches. There is a big boxer called Bald Bull in the NES version as well and a light flashes to the right in the audience when he charges. If you punch when it flashes you will land a body blow.

Tanabe: What? Really?

Wada: No one has known about that for about 22 years…

Everyone: (laughter)

Wada: I was wondering when I would have a chance to tell people that.

Iwata: You've been holding that information for 22 years since the release. (laughs)

Wada:Now that I had the chance. (laughs) There are a lot of hidden elements in the NES version.

It's part of Nintendo's 30 30 30 promotion

It's NOT a 30 day rental. You buy it for 30 cents, you keep it.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads/virtual-console/
* After specified promotional period, each game will be made available in the Nintendo eShop at regular price. Wii U owners who have purchased the game(s) during the promotional period will not need to purchase the game(s) again at the regular price. Games purchased during this promotional period are eligible for 2 points in the Deluxe Digital Program. Point value subject to change.

Also for the US & Canada:

Club Nintendo has Super Punch-Out!! (SNES) for the Wii Virtual Console for 150 Coins. Available until April 7th.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/31506.do

EDIT:
Robin64 added Punch-Out!! to the NeoGAF Leaderboards
Added Punch-Out!! to the Virtual Console Leaderboards, though I don't expect it to be as popular (or indeed as close) as the F-Zero stuff was.

Click for thread.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if the normal hd lag that makes this game nearly impossible to beat on modern tvs will effect off screen play.

jaypah

I enjoyed the other 2 games (f-zero hell yeah) but this is the one I've been waiting on. One of my favorite games of all time! I play it damn near every day on my 3DS.

I wonder if the normal hd lag that makes this game nearly impossible to beat on modern tvs will effect off screen play.

I doubt it. F-Zero plays like a champ from my garage. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I loved the Wii Punch Out game and came very close to buying it for $5 on the VC before... and again on 3DS... and again for Club Nintendo points. This time I'll take the plunge on the original.

Fortunately, this is a pretty good little arcade game. Kind of a puzzle fighter, with the puzzle being figuring out every character's weaknesses and tells.

Unfortunately, it's not Earthbound, and I already have this on the Wii VC. :I

It will not. The Gamepad has very little input lag.

Also, you can find full sized hdtvs that have very little input lag as well. It's not a problem you have to accept.

Japan: I don't even want to mention the game Japan is getting this month instead of Punch-Out :( Last month they got "Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo" instead of F-Zero. Starting next month the games for the remainder of the promotion will be the same for every region.

Wow, they sure are getting a lot of playtime for 30 cents. I'm only playing the games we are getting for like a day, not complaining though since it's 30 cents.

djyella

Def buying this game. How can anyone pass up 30 cents? LOL Nintendo is going to making a killing selling these old classics like this.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Where's Tyson? WHERE THE FUCK IS MIKE TYSON??????

Ok I'm over it. Punch-Out please! Shut up and take my pocket change!

I played Balloon Fight and F-Zero for a day. We'll see if Punch Out will keep my interest longer. Love the .30 initiative though even if I'm buying them and barely playing. .30 is just as good as free for me.

I already have Punch-Out on Wii and 3DS, but whatever, I'll buy it again. I'll play it a little bit and it's an easy 10 Club Nintendo points.

IrishNinja

i gotta stop buying this game one day, but fuck man, thirty cents!

Can't beat 30 cents, thanks for the heads up. Super Metroid's next, isn't it?

is it? i couldve sworn we had one more game between us and this highlight (id trade so many of our others for fire emblem/earthbound)

PopeReal

Will get.

And I hope the next Punchout game has a Glass Joe mode where you can lead him to glory. The ultimate Cinderella story.

Tenki

Will definitely buy. For 30 cents I'm buying all games. Nintendo should make similar promotions during the year.

Daedardus

OP: The European price does include tax, otherwise it would be illegal for them to sell it on their store.

Will definitely pick this up.

I would do some terrible things to have fire emblem 3 instead of F-zero and mother 2 remix or whatever they called it instead of punch out. Will still get it for 30 cents. Honestly I hope Nintendo continues this promotion past the announced games.

I don't even really like punch out all that much, but how can I not buy it at 30 cents? If anything, it's worth it for the club Nintendo coins.

Davey Cakes

*Yawn*

I will get it just because it's 30 cents, but I already have the 3DS version through Club Nintendo.

Punch-Out is a good game, but it's one of the most unexciting games that Nintendo likes to continually whore out.

Sinthetic

Looking forward to this, can't believe these are so cheap.

Popinski's gonna get decked. That's got to be the best videogame character name ever.

Top Bottom