• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N Korea 'ready' to attack US bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
North Korea says it is ready to launch strike against US bases

Pyongyang escalates confrontation after US flew two nuclear-capable stealth bombers over Korean peninsula

North Korea has escalated its military and diplomatic confrontation with America, responding to US military drills with a bellicose declaration that its rockets were ready to hit American bases in the Pacific.

In the latest of a volley of military threats, the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, warned that "the time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists in view of the prevailing situation". The official KCNA news agency said Pyongyang and Washington could only settle their differences by "physical means".

The agency also released pictures of Kim and his senior generals huddled in front of a map showing strike possibilities on both US coasts. Pyongyang has rockets that could easily wreak carnage on Seoul, but its longer-range missiles that might hit US Pacific bases are unproven and experts are sceptical of the threats.

"He finally signed the plan on technical preparations of strategic rockets of the KPA (Korean People's army), ordering them to be on standby for fire so that they may strike any time the US mainland, its military bases in the operational theatres in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea," KCNA said.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported there had been additional troop and vehicle movements at the north's mid- and long-range missile sites, indicating they may be ready to fire.

Full Article.

Via RustyNails (Source).
Cfi9kzL.jpg

C0wfJlj.jpg

4LXUqmH.jpg

"The images of Kim surrounded by his officers and diagrams of targets in the US are designed for a domestic consumption and to demonstrate the young leader's mastery of military affairs, experts believe."

1E5AXVQ.jpg

Kim Jong-un uses Mac!

smr00

Banned
Is it normal for NK to continue talking shit? I never really followed past empty threats but it seems like their threats are going on longer then usual.

Also i really wish i knew what was going on in kims head.. Does he really think that he can take US on? Is he really that delusional?

VoxPop

I guess those Galaxy S4 shipments are never making it out of Korea.

edit: nvm they're made at Foxconn in China

Wag

Haven't you heard? Dennis Rodman said Kim Jong Un is a nice guy. He would never do such a thing! Heh.

LycanXIII

When does the US send in the stealth copters to clean house?

I've beat homefront and seen Red Dawn, I'm ready to fight back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsdfDKT2HXk (Its only the new one because it has NK as the villain)

Not going to happen. They don't want to leave they're own land, they just want to blow the US away. The opposite would be more likely, with the US invading them. Unless they just get blown away before the US can do that.

dooit3ht.gif

I wonder who it is in North Korea that comes up with the list of all the things they can do to threaten war but never actually do it.

"Um okay guys, let's cut the first hotline with South Korea, then the 2nd one, then the 3rd one, then get our army ready for attack, then prepare our missiles, then threaten to nuke the US, then rip up the armistice. Come on guys think of more ideas. We need to go tit-for-tat with these guys on pointless provocations."

meppi

Unfortunately, that wouldn't be the case. The South is doomed if the North ever gets into a war with us.

That's what I'm afraid of...

It's easy to say "go for it" from across the world, but these are the people that would get fucked over.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Are those lines falling into the gulf of California? Do they still believe Mexico owns the bottom half of California?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We'd probably know if they were moving before they do.

That's the funny part.

Savitar

Be nice if someone could smack NK around, they need it badly.

I hate to think if we got to put up with this BS for another twenty years.

As cruel as it sounds I would like for the US to actually provoke or force NK into actually attacking just so they can have an airtight excuse to scorch that entire region into ash.

Are those lines falling into the gulf of California? Do they still believe Mexico owns the bottom half of California?

"Fuck the Americans! We will bomb them into bloody pieces!"

"Brilliant strategy as always, Great Leader."

"And the Mexicans! Fuck the Mexicans too!"

"A cunning move, Great Leader. We can strike Canada, too..."

"Canada? Who would want to kill Canadians? They're all so friendly."

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My guess is that Kim has been forced to make a show of strenght for internal reasons to gain the trust of the military, or is being forced to start a war because some important people in the army are getting old and want to go on a good note.

is it me or does he look like the chubby asian kid in school who didnt have many friends but would buy you things if you hung out with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom