• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Plans to Bring Guacamelee! To Other Platforms Anytime Soon

Grief.exe

Sent an email out to the Guacamelee developers over at Drinkbox Studios, their rep replied back within seconds.

Congratulations on the successful game launch. Any chance we will see a PC, 360, or 3DS version of Guacamelee?

I can't really say what we'll do in the future, but I wouldn't expect Guacamelee! on those platforms any time soon.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Beenthere for a while actually

PP1PduA.jpg

Keywords is "any time soon"

They could mean a month. Two months...

I'm sure Stump just missed listing it. I'm 95% sure I saw it. There were LOTS of games on that list.

Grief.exe

PP1PduA.jpg

I'm sure Stump just missed listing it. I'm 95% sure I saw it. There were LOTS of games on that list.

Oh nice! Thanks for the info, I must have missed that one. Of course, Guac wasn't really on our radars until GDC.

This is great news. 'Any time soon,' is similar to Microsoft's 'we currently don't have plans,' referring to the potential Halo 3 Steam release.

Draft

Hi Grief.exe,

Yes, of course! I'm not even sure why we launched it exclusively on PSN. That was dumb. Just wait a couple months and it will be on every DD store, especially non-Sony stores. Thanks!

I'm sure that's what they really wanted to say.

Grief.exe

Hi Grief.exe,

Yes, of course! I'm not even sure why we launched it exclusively on PSN. That was dumb. Just wait a couple months and it will be on every DD store, especially non-Sony stores. Thanks!

We can only dream.

Takiyah

Hi Grief.exe,

I can't tell you how funny that was.

Noshino

Guacamelee! is part of the Pub Fund, so iirc it ll be exclusive for at least 6 months.

Tizoc

It'll be on PC/Steam by the end of the year methinks. Maybe they have an exclusivity deal with Sony that requires the game to only be available on Sony Platforms for a certain set of time?

Spiegel

It's going to be released on steam in October, probably. And that's it.

Mutant Blobs PS Vita - 22 February
Mutant Blobs Steam - 15 August

Now you can decide if you can wait for the game to come to steam.

Nabs

No one ever admits to a PC port during the PSN/XBLA launch. It's just not a smart thing to do.

Noshino

What other Pub Fund games have been released on PC?

Quiet a few actually

- Dyad
PSN - Jul 12
PC - Mar 13 (?)

- Explodemon
PSN - Feb 11
PC - Aug 11

- Papo & Yo
PSN - Aug 12
PC - Apr 13

...and Joe Danger, Hoard, and others.

It's going to be released on steam in October, probably. And that's it.

Mutant Blobs PS Vita - 22 February
Mutant Blobs Steam - 15 August

Now you can decide if you can wait for the game to come to steam.

Funny thing is that Mutant Blobs wasnt a Pub Fund game but for some reason they still waited the 6 months

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/...ace-mutant-blobs-attack-one-of-the-vitas-best

It'll be on PC/Steam by the end of the year methinks. Maybe they have an exclusivity deal with Sony that requires the game to only be available on Sony Platforms for a certain set of time?

When I talked to the DrinkBox guys at their PAX booth they didn't give any indication that there was a solid exclusivity period that Sony demanded for pub fund games. I think the main stipulation is that they get an exclusive PSN launch and then from there it's up to the developer, but obviously Sony does not provide them with resources to launch the game on competitors' platforms.

6-8 months seems like a reasonable timeframe for them to prepare a Steam port after the PSN launch. They're a really small team so it doesn't seem viable to work on multiple platforms at once.

I think it's less of an exclusivity thing and more of a small studio thing. There are only 12 people at Drinkbox last I checked.

Grief.exe

Dyad, other Drinkbox games, Papa & Yo, plus some others.

Papo & Yo is coming like next week

Dyad was suppose to be last month....both are like 9-10 months apart from PSN to Steam I think

Mutant Blobs wasn't pub fund I think

Quiet a few actually

- Dyad
PSN - Jul 12
PC - Mar 13 (?)

- Explodemon
PSN - Feb 11
PC - Aug 11

- Papo & Yo
PSN - Aug 12
PC - Apr 13

...and Joe Danger, Hoard, and others.

Thanks for the info guys.

Really hope it hits steam. I have no desire to buy anything on PSN or XBLA ever again if those platforms are just going to die and get rebooted every console generation.

PP1PduA.jpg

Originally it was going to be a multiplatform title from day one but Mutant Blobs Attack was fantastic and sold really well, so Sony scooped it up.

Burt

that face. so punchable.

Meh, I like Phil Fish, but he did do a 180 once he understood the financial upside to porting his game. I can't blame him, and would expect similar from these guys a few months out from launch when they realize the extra money they could make from a simple port.

FloatOn

since I am without a playstation product I will wait with some of you for the PC port.

it must happen. I loved mutant blobs and I suggest it to friends every chance I get.

Grief.exe

Is the game good?

Its one of the few Metroidvanias left.

Castlevania has gone the way of linear action game.
Metroid franchise is somewhat buried.

We have Dust: An Elysian Tail and Guacamelee.

The artstyle and gameplay from both look very solid.

Go to the OT and peep the reviews.

Support good games folks. Cross buy and cross play. Co op between Vita and PS3. Love that.

I would if I owned either. Pretty much PC only for now.

Carl

Go to the OT and peep the reviews.

Support good games folks. Cross buy and cross play. Co op between Vita and PS3. Love that.

Couldn't agree more. Drinkbox are a spectacular group of people, make amazing games, and deserve all of the success they get. They're the kind of guys that need supporting :)

Daigoro

Meh, I like Phil Fish, but he did do a 180 once he understood the financial upside to porting his game. I can't blame him, and would expect similar from these guys a few months out from launch when they realize the extra money they could make from a simple port.

i dont really have a problem with him honestly. didnt even hate him after i saw that indie game movie he was in. i bought his game as well and liked it.

it was just kind of that face from that still. made me get all punchy there for a sec.

Top Bottom