• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man tortures and kills his 1 year old daughter because he enjoyed causing her pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with people?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Father-abused-1-year-old-with-cigar-cinnamon-Apopka-police-say/-/1637132/19727852/-/73pihx/-/index.html

APOPKA, Fla. - A 23-year-old Apopka man was arrested on suspicion of burning his 1-year-old daughter with a cigar, pulling her hair and throwing her to the ground because he feels relieved when he causes her pain.

Apopka police said the girl died Saturday evening and charges against the father were upgraded to murder.

Rony Veus was arrested Thursday on charges of aggravated battery on a child, but those charges were upgraded Saturday evening.

According to Apopka police, 911 was called around 1 p.m. about a girl who wasn't breathing and had no signs of a pulse. Officers said they found Veus performing CPR on the girl, and he said he found her not breathing and unconscious, police said.

The 1-year-old was taken to a hospital, and the staff told investigators that they suspected the girl had been abused, Apopka police said.

"When something like this happens your heart goes out to that poor, defenseless child," said Officer Steven Popp of the Apopka police.

According to police, Veus admitted during an interview that he has thoughts of harming his daughter and feels relieved when he causes her pain or discomfort.

According to police, Veus said he has acted upon his thoughts by pulling her hair, pushing her down, throwing her on the bed and forcing her to eat cinnamon. He also said he intentionally burned the top of his daughter's foot with cigar, according to police.

Local 6 spoke to Veus' mother, who said she never thought her son would abuse his own child but suspected something wasn't right.

"I asked him 'what's going on?' He said he don't know. I said 'what did you do with the baby I see something on her feet?' He say he don't know," said Veus' mother Maritelle Thelemaque.

The Florida Department of Children and Families are involved in the investigation. Veus is being held in jail on no bond first degree murder.

Neighbors tell Local 6 they were shocked to hear of the abuse.

"It's shocking any time it happens but as far as being two or three doors down that's even more," said neighbor Todd Harriman.

How was it only "aggravated battery on a child" at first. I understand motivation and all that but if you kill your fucking child because you abused them too hard you should be getting charged with murder if only so you can get a long ass sentence.

slit

Well that's certainly a cheery thing to read about after a long work day.

Anyway, the story is self describing, nothing more to say about the depravity of it.

Jarmel

Banned
How was it only "aggravated battery on a child" at first. I understand motivation and all that but if you kill your fucking child because you abused them too hard you should be getting charged with murder if only so you can get a long ass sentence.

It's been upgraded to murder but I don't think first degree.

darkpower

Banned
Okay, so when this disgusting excuse for a human being gets put in jail, we'll all be sleeping peacefully knowing that those people that are in jail with him know just what to do with sick people like him!

I had to stop reading after the first few lines, but if those few lines are indicative of anything this man is insane and extremely scary. I don't even know if that is treatable. I assume not, and it would be safe to remove this man from society.

Brinbe

=(

“I asked him ‘what’s going on?’ He said he don’t know. I said ‘what did you do with the baby I see something on her feet?’ He say he don’t know,” said Maritelle Thelemaque.

=\

RSP

I cannot bear to read these horrible reports. What a monster.

I hope the baby girl can be at peace :-(

lmpaler

I agree except for the sentence. Should be death. Fuck this whole judcial system dragging it out in courts. He did it. Kill his ass.

People that are unable to feel empathy to this degree really scare me. How the guy even managed to function long enough in society to have a child is shocking.

Well the charges were quite quickly changed to first degree murder.

It's possible at first and without the father's statements, that is what the prosecutor felt was appropriate.

Ugh for the first time I feel sick. I think I'm done with GAF for a few moments, I'm going to go hug and spend the day with my niece.

So depressing.

malyce

I'm pissed off.. I mean to the point where I'd gladly kill this sick fuck slowly... I mean really really slow.

It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to harm a small child to begin with, but causing harm because it makes you feel good? That's just fucking sick.

RSP

My one-year old is upstairs sleeping. I can only think of how much these little guys depend on us parents for security, food, love and care.

To betray that trust is among the severest of crimes in my book.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
For some reason I find the part where he forced her to eat cinnamon especially disturbing... I can see how a fucked up person might randomly violently abuse their kid in the other ways mentioned, but you really have to go out of your way to think of and carry out that cinnamon thing. What a sick fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom