• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Groundhogs Day: Tetsuya Nomura says Versus will be unveiled, please wait a while

Exentryk

Joining in on the inaugural episode of Square Enix Merchandise Radio, the game director and character designer was on-hand as a special guest. Naturally, the other staff present couldn’t help but ask about his elusive project.

“It’s a delicate situation within the company,” explains Nomura. “The date for our next reveal is set and we are working toward preparing information for that. Please wait a little while longer.”

Via Nova Crystallis.

E3: Final Fantasy XV

yup

Although I wonder what he means by "delicate situation" does that mean its on the verge of being cancelled outright or that Square is keeping it secret because its being revamped into FF XV and a major PS4 exclusive.

I also wonder if the rumors about Sony getting involved in it's development are true. Maybe they just squashed The Last Guardian and FF vs. 13 into 1 game and called it a day.

Eusis

I almost wish he said he pulled a fast one on us all and it never even existed.

Though I guess that was true at least 3 years ago.

Roubjon

KrKcf.gif

It's almost here!! Just a little longer!

If by waiting he means completely stop caring about this vaporware until Square decides to demonstrate that it actually exists, then sure, I'll continue to do what I've been doing for years.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Duke Nukem called, he's cancelling his Versus XIII preorder because he's tired waiting for this shit.

ALWAYS BET ON NOCTIS

Soriku

Btw I swear he's said "the date for our next reveal is set" a million times yet they haven't shown shit. I expect it to be revealed now, it's getting too late at this point, but really?

duckroll

“The date for our next reveal is set and we are working toward preparing information for that. Please wait a little while longer.”

Hmmmmmmm... this sounds familiar...

Oh right!

"Nomura said that the timing for the next reveal has been set, but he would not say when. For the next update, though, he said that they'd like to deliver it along with some good information."

- July 2011

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Squire

Banned
So then same old shit?

I'm pretty sure it's coming to E3, but he's been saying this for years now. So, thanks for wasting our time, show don't tell, etc etc.

Why do people think this will be PS4 exclusive? Aren't SE currently fretting over Tomb Raider's "meager" 3.5 million sales? God knows how much FFvsXIII has cost so far.

Top Bottom