• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami announcement coming next week (don't get too excited)

Takao

Banned
http://gematsu.com/2013/04/okami-announcement-coming-next-week

The official Japanese Okami Twitter account seems to be teasing news for next week.

“Hello, this is Okami news,” said the account. “Sorry I’ve been kind of out of touch lately, but I have the feeling we’ll be able to drop a fresh announcement like WHAM! around the beginning of Golden Week, so please look forward to it. Right now we’re on track with preparations.”

Golden Week, which runs from April 29 to May 5, is a period of multiple consecutive holidays in Japan. Many companies and stores close down in observation.

Interestingly, the latest issue of Famitsu is teasing something presumably big for its next issue, which is due out on newsstands May 9.

“The new game to bring fans tears of happiness finally comes to life! A must-see!”

The teaser could apply to something other than an Okami game, of course. But the possibility is there.

New Okami coffee cup.

Edit: Woof

gn3yr2y.jpg

MrT-Tar

Knowing Capcom it's probably another port, this time of the HD version to the WiiU (probably the perfect platform for the game)

NotLiquid

Golden Week makes me think it's just a sale. At best I'm only expecting a port. Though I am curious of Famitsu's announcement.

Soriku

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Give me Okami 2 developed by Platinum :( Developed for PS3/360 or next gen consoles.

NotLiquid

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Give me Okami 2 developed by Platinum :( Developed for PS3/360 or next gen consoles.

Remember when Platinum said that they were developing an installment for a popular franchise yet it got cancelled

Nintendo picks up not only Bayonetta 2 but Okami 2, releasing for the Wii U. Believe.

Alrus

Guys, they're not going to do a next gen sequel to Okami. That kind of game is already rather expensive to make, and Okami sold like shit (well it maybe did okay after all the ports, who knows).

Anyway, Okami-den was awful so I'm not even sure a sequel would be good (and it's not like Okami was perfect either).

Weiss

Banned
gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme

I know Capcom is the incarnation of Lucifer, but it's nice that they've given Okami a good deal of exposure.

Top Bottom