• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You think you can create a better Mascot than Sonic the Hedgehog?

Clippy.jpg

I wonder how many genuine entries they will recieve between the "*your name* the hedgehog" and protests about SEGA as of recent (personally I want to enter a mascot called Shining Force so SEGA can tase their own medicine)...

Or rather if the whole thing is rigged to promote...erm whatever this mascot was going to do...oh presenter or some straight to yoube show was it?

Village

If they are ditching sonic, aww.

If they are doing what I think they are doing and what it seems like they are planning , yay.

All of the yay.

BowieZ

Banned
Sammy the the Samurai Seagull

- main series called "Sammy World" is a Zelda-like RPG from egg to fledgling to fully-fledged flight to find the Cyclone Stone of Gulleria.
- stars in a flight racing game with his friends, called Sammy Sky Racing
- monopoly like life-sim game called Sammy's Nest Egg
- puzzle series called Sammy & The Cyclone Stones.
- ninja/samurai fighting game where the feathers fly!, called Sammy Attack.

There's the inspiration, now add a sword and bandana to an anthropomorphised seagull and send it in.

No, actually I don't think I can, mainly because the only reason Sonic worked as a mascot is because he initially had 2 or 3 good games to back him up.

khaaan

Hai guyz.

Meet khaaan the hedgehog. Fav color is dark blood red because 1 time he got slashed on his cheek (dats where the scar came from) n he got posessed by demons. He also goes onto Gaf alot (show him some luv! LOL) so dats why he got a tatoo. but he dun post a lot cuz of he got claws for fingers. Claws are gud 4 attacks. He wares cool roller blades to make him rly fast, the red wun is there will be a red blur whn he runs. ORIGINAL CHARACTER. DON'T STEAL.

wiQED8D.jpg

Village

Sonic the Hedgehog has keep it's relevance purely because of his design. It's hard to top that level of genius.

... eh, I would argue that he kept his relevancy because he suplmented his design with other characters. Also sonic has more good games than people give him credit... mostly the second thing.

Hai guyz.

Meet khaaan the hedgehog. Fav color is dark blood red because 1 time he got slashed on his cheek (dats where the scar came from) n he got posessed by demons. He also goes onto Gaf alot (show him some luv! LOL) so dats why he got a tatoo. but he dun post a lot cuz of he got claws for fingers. Claws are gud 4 attacks. He wares cool roller blades to make him rly fast, the red wun is there will be a red blur whn he runs. ORIGINAL CHARACTER. DON'T STEAL.

wiQED8D.jpg

You've got my vote!

Top Bottom