• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bobby Kotick made measly $65 million last year

kotick-web-2dotoh.jpg

(Reuters) - Videogame publisher Activision Blizzard Inc's Chief Executive Robert Kotick received a total compensation of $64.9 million last year, making him one of the top paid CEOs in the United States.

Kotick's 2012 total compensation includes about $56 million in stock awards, while there were no stock awards for 2011. His base salary doubled to $2 million, according to regulatory filings on Friday. (r.reuters.com/bew67t)

Kotick, 50, also a board member of Coca-Cola Co, was paid $8.33 million in 2011 by Santa Monica-based Activision.

Activision's Kotick makes over three times the $21 million pay package received by Goldman Sach Group Inc's CEO Lloyd Blankfein in 2012, and it is 50 percent higher than Walt Disney Co CEO Robert Iger's $40.2 million compensation in 2012

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/26/us-activision-ceopay-idUSBRE93P1C920130426

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how big his Steam library is.

Arksy

To be fair, according to Activision's investors he's doing a very good job. Makes sense that he's rewarded for his performance.

I don't understand why he makes any money? What is he doing that benefits the developers that his company nurtures or the consumers that buys their games?

Kusagari

Activision is thriving in a time where most of the industry is trying not to collapse.

Guy deserves it like him or not.

Wasn't he asked to be the Chairman of Coca Cola or something? He knows how to turn on the profits.

Edit: Oh, he is actually a board member. wow.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I don't understand why he makes any money? What is he doing that benefits the developers that his company nurtures or the consumers that buys their games?

Are you joking? He is CEO of the most successful videogame publisher/development houses in the world.

Mechazawa

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he's probably responsible for helping to run an incredibly large video game publisher that makes a lot of money.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Activision seems to be the only well-managed videogame company these days (looking at you Square Enix and Capcom). Not that I like their games, but gotta acknowledge the fact.

Damn no wonder he and his ilk view secondhand games as the ultimate evil. Poor guy makes barely enough money a year to live off of. Hell if I were that close to poverty I'd resent those even higher up the poverty scale enjoying the results of my hard work without paying me fair dues.

To be fair, according to Activision's investors he's doing a very good job. Makes sense that he's rewarded for his performance.

they basically seem like the only publisher regularly extracting large sums of money out of this (console?) biz anymore.

too be fair, having the baseline of recurring revenue of WoW helps a ton with that, versus a company like EA.

You could also argue as I have COD is basically the WoW of consoles, although I think it's much more susceptible to losing it's grip than the former.

Damn no wonder he and his ilk view secondhand games as the ultimate evil. Poor guy makes barely enough money a year to live off of. Hell if I were that close to poverty I'd resent those even higher up the poverty scale enjoying the results of my hard work without paying me fair dues.

as far as I know Activision games still don't have online passes

Top Bottom