• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice has reversible cover art in North America

Takao

Banned
Just posting this because of the way Vita boxes are most people might not notice:

G8wqANR.jpg

Source

Regular art:

The reversible art comes from the Japanese dual pack. The game's out this week btw.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hope they`ll do the same for the PAL version, gotta hide that big ass USK logo.

jwk94

I think the original is good, but it's too busy for how small of an area they have it restrained in.

Yeah, i just don't like the style. Far too busy. The simplistic nature of the reversible one suits my style more. Plus it's far more meaningful given the game's backstory.

ZeroAKA

So it's basically the same thing as the two Japanese dual-pack covers. Very nice, but not nice enough to make me go physical over digital.

Tangentially related, has SCEA ever come out and said why they don't allow manuals to be put in cases? It's so bizarre because there's even a clip for one :/

But yeah, I'll likely reverse this.

Elixist

I thought this was a Dark Souls thread for some reason. That cover looks tight, I might play this game someday.

Shoyz

It would also be easily exploitable with people selling one of the copies and keeping the other.

I think he meant what they did with Patapon 2, a case with a download code inside instead of a physical game. I'd /adore/ that for digital exclusive games.

I love how clean the reversible art is with the removal of ESRB logo and the nasty memory required box, but I'm not a big fan of the dual-pack art..

faridmon

Isn't more usual for Sony first party games to get a reversible cover? Unless there is something I am missing, I don't see how this is special enough to warrant a thread on its own (Unless its part of the whole hype towards the game, which is OK)

zroid

Banned
hmmm nice. I like it a lot more than the standard cover. Dammit, stop tempting me, I've already decided not to buy this game!!! FFFUUUUU

Takao

Banned
Isn't more usual for Sony first party games to get a reversible cover? Unless there is something I am missing, I don't see how this is special enough to warrant a thread on its own (Unless its part of the whole hype towards the game, which is OK)

I only own one North American Vita game physically. It's Gravity Rush, and has no reversible box art.

edit: Thinking about it, I'm not sure if Canada even gets the reversible box arts for Sony games : /

wilflare

It would also be easily exploitable with people selling one of the copies and keeping the other.

I think he meant what they did with Patapon 2, a case with a download code inside instead of a physical game. I'd /adore/ that for digital exclusive games.

I love how clean the reversible art is with the removal of ESRB logo and the nasty memory required box, but I'm not a big fan of the dual-pack art..

yeap! @nerdstick got what I meant!

which is why I said "box-collectors"
"physical release but download code inside"

Z3M0G

I'll gladly reverse it... never to look at it again as all my Vita cases rot on my shelf and are never touched.

Cha

I'll admit, I had a bit of a chuckle when no reversible cover was officially announced by SCEA after SCEE. Even though I'm glad SCEE got different artwork, THAT Japanese Dual Pack art is what I really wanted. So salty right now.
I have a custom cover prepared and waiting for May 1st.

Tomodachi

Regular EURO cover >> Reverse EURO cover / Regular USA cover >>>>>>>>...>>> Reverse USA cover.

White background with characters models, yuck. Seems fanmade.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

I already decided to go digital. This just makes me NOT want to go digital. ): These were the exact covers I wanted.

Top Bottom