• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Resident Evil the epitome of #YOLOSWAG420?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Alright let's think about this for a moment. I was sitting there at the office day dreaming about playing video games like I always do, when my mind floated to awful jokes people make about video game series. You know, like "Why don't you fight any streets in street fighter?". Then my mind wondered to Resident Evil, a franchise I hold near and dear to my heart but I started to having twisted thoughts and that's when it happened...

I opened facebook to further my procrastination where I was met with this image:
tkJ4vB1.jpg
The first thing that came to mind was "I can just imagine some kid waving a Desert Eagle holding an herb and screaming YOLO 420 SWAG SWAG MONEY TYRONE CASH MONEY"

But I started reflecting on that I realized that the whole series is built upon the very notion of #YOLOSWAG420. Lets examine this closely.

#SWAG

And finally
boulder-punch-o.gif

#YOLO

As you can see all three of these hedonistic elements (#YOLOSWAG420) are depicted either metaphorically, allegorically, or symbolically throughout the modern resident evil series. Is this truly the greatest #yoloswag420mlgnoscope series to date? Could this be a very important satire on the youth of today? The whole notion of a biohazard outbreak is pretty fucking #YOLO because you do in fact only live once. As I close this post I begin to realize that this is an awful thread and I should feel very bad about it (and I truly do) but I have put too much effort into this and I am very tired.

Jawmuncher

I'd YOLO every day if I could do this

boulder-punch-o.gif

this is STILL THE BEST MOMENT IN GAMING BAR NONE

Edit: Glad I just went for the GIF since I have no idea how to respond to the rest of this.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I promise you the only thing in my system right now is potbelly sandwiches and pepsi. Probably water as well, maybe some gum I swallowed by accident.

So a mix of caffine high and that weird feeling of being derpy when you get sleepy?
*how does this combo work?*

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I don't understand this thread, but I'm pretty sure the OP should direct the next Resident Evil game. He could do wonders with the franchise.

Coxswain

You know those hack stand-up comedy bits where the 'joke' is that the speaker is really old and doesn't understand kids saying stuff like "the bomb" or "homies" or whatever?

Because I feel like that right now.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So a mix of caffine high and that weird feeling of being derpy when you get sleepy?
*how does this combo work?*

Okay well like let's not get too side tracked by what is currently in my system we have to start thinking about the deep implications that this could have on our youth.

Resident Evil is a very popular franchise that is quite possibly as close to mainstream as mario himself, do we really want these values to permeate through the layers of society deep within our youths hearts and minds?

Osmosis of the SWAG.

Himself

Was there any yolo in the first 4 games tho? I suppose running through that basement tank knee deep in sharks is pretty yolo. Smoking weed is scary. Guns. I guess the amount of yolo is directly proportional to the quantity of ink ribbons one possesses. Theory debunked. Now go ly dow.

Was there any yolo in the first 4 games tho? I suppose running through that basement tank knee deep in sharks is pretty yolo. Smoking weed is scary. Guns. I guess the amount of yolo is directly proportional to the quantity of ink ribbons one possesses. Theory debunked. Now go ly dow.
There was a pretty high amount of yolo in RE4, I think OP is onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom