• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: DmC "posted solid sales", Capcom still using outsourcing

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll make another thread about the rest soon, but I felt this would be the dominating factor in any thread, so it made more sense as a separate entity.

So, while they will have less outsourced titles, they will still have them. They were also apparently happy with DmC. I'll let you make any conclusions as you please. >_>

Capcom said:
In addition, "DmC Devil May Cry" (for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360) enjoyed stable popularity in overseas markets and posted solid sales.
Capcom said:
In order to lower development costs and shorten time frame for development, Capcom will restructure its development organizations, which are the core parts of the Company's business, increasing ratio of in-house developments by focusing on the overhaul of overseas development companies.
Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/review.html

bumpkin

Not surprising. I heard that once you got past Ninja Theory's "take" on the character and universe, it's actually a pretty good game. I'm so inundated with backlog'ed games that I haven't gotten a chance to play it myself, but it's on my to-do once I dig myself out a bit.

On an unrelated note, is there a consensus on which version performs better?

Carbonox

I'd like to see a DmC2 for sure. Though DmC1 doesn't even come close to DMC, DMC3 and DMC4, it's still a well-made and enjoyable action title. I'd like to play a sequel.

DmC was a very decent, fun game (better than overrated titles such as Metal Gear Revengeance or Bioshock Infinite). I don't like sequels but if it DmC does get one I'll gladly play it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Am I crazy or didn't they say that they want to outsource less stuff in the future?

They are, which is why they're "overhauling" that aspect of the business, but it will still be continuing.

Basically it means they will be more picky about who they work with.

They should turn Ninja Theory into Capcom's version of Square's visual works and pull all the programmers etc into their other western studios.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DmC was amazing, the shot in the arm the series needed. Can't wait for DmC2.

PC. 60fps and gorgeous. Though I barely noticed 30fps on the console ver, but the PC is king.

Not surprising. I heard that once you got past Ninja Theory's "take" on the character and universe, it's actually a pretty good game. I'm so inundated with backlog'ed games that I haven't gotten a chance to play it myself, but it's on my to-do once I dig myself out a bit.

PC>>>>>360>PS3

All versions are good tho.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can I facepalm this a lot?
I thought DmC sold worst in series or am I missing something?

Who know at what pace they kept selling after the report. It could be low but steady flow and pc sales added it might help.

DmC was amazing, the shot in the arm the series needed. Can't wait for DmC2.

image.php

Hachimaki

I enjoyed DmC even though it's probably not the most popular entry into the franchise among veterans.

The alarming thing that I find is that Capcom wants to shorten the time frame for development. Does anyone else see this as a negative thing? I'd rather not see a game suffer because they want to rush it out to meet a deadline.

There is no need to get past anything cause it is better than what the original universe was :3

Crawl

Screw the haters. I thoroughly enjoyed DmC & yes I have played every Devil May Cry game.

It is still one of my favorite games this year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed DmC even though it's probably not the most popular entry into the franchise among veterans.

The alarming thing that I find is that Capcom wants to shorten the time frame for development. Does anyone else see this as a negative thing? I'd rather not see a game suffer because they want to rush it out to meet a deadline.

Shouldn't bother you - the meaning behind that is to make or license tools that make it quicker for turnaround time. i.e. less time doing shit to make it work and more time realizing your vision. Also the more games a studio puts out, the less scare of one poor seller sinking the company. If you can produce a game each year with a great toolkit that doesn't have you wasting time, you're in pretty good shape.

Manbig

It's more like getting past Ninja Theory's arrogance when approaching it. The universe itself is actually quite fine, although Dante himself is about equally as uninteresting as old Dante was.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It was a great game. My favourite action game in a long time. Hope they make another one.

Korigama

Oh well. Guess that means I have no further use for the franchise, then.
Why they're willing to forgive the fact that it's the most underselling title in the series is beyond me.
They deserve whatever they get at this point if they still insist.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why they're willing to forgive the fact that it's the most underselling title in the series is beyond me.

If you go with that rationale we should go ahead and bury the Final Fantasy series
(we should, really)

DmC was a very decent, fun game (better than overrated titles such as Metal Gear Revengeance or Bioshock Infinite). I don't like sequels but if it DmC does get one I'll gladly play it.

So is DmC really better than Metal Gear Rising? Also, I really hope there is a DmC2 without the unreal engine. Not finished but good game so far.

Top Bottom