• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intersting article about Nintendo circa 2006

So I happened to thumb through an old EGM from April 2006 and saw this article about Nintendo and 3rd party relations. While nothing new, I think it shows that some things haven't changed.
Sorry for the crappy pic but I don't have a scanner.

vvllOAp.jpg

From the Article
No doubt about it - the development community has a major hard-on for the system's motion-sensative, TV-remote-like controller. "Everyone who sees and, more importantly, plays with the Revolution controller is excited about it" says Backbone Entertainment (Death Jr.) Senior Producer Chris Charla. "And developers are absolutely no exception" But while gamemakers are eager to start a Revolution, several outside Japan are still waiting on Mario's bunch for the proper tools. "Few- if any_ Western developers have Revolution Development Hardware, so it's not an easy step to start taking risks in that direction" says President Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Software, makers of the first person shooter franchise Brothers in Arms. "As I learn more about Revolution, we may discover that there is an audience that can support an idea that I'm interested in. If that's the case, I won't be afraid to invest in it. I think that most developers and publishers that aren't directly part of Nintendo are sort of in the same situation" What's taking so long, Nintendo?

So this is a microcosm of the pre-Wii launch, and it seems Nintendo has gone a similar route with the Wii-U. This just kind of struck me as a wow moment seeing I was reading a magazine from about 7 years ago.

Top Bottom