• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One requires internet for game activation (like Steam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Just to clarify the DRM situation.

To play a game you just bought for the Xbox One you need an active internet connection to install and play the game. You cannot start a game without an active internet connection. Much like Steam when you put the disc in the drive it reaches out to the internet and ties the game to your account then installs it. Games cannot be played without an install.

Lemme say that again.

You cannot play games on this without an active internet connection.
Single player games will continue to work if you happen to lose your internet connection.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...erid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=72#post415689903

Lock if old.

I can't help but feel like anyone on NeoGAF still defending MS isn't cheering from the back row.

I can't believe all of these over the top rumours were true... Just fuck.

Demon Ice

Banned
Wait so you need the internet connection just for the first time install? Or you need the internet connection EVERY TIME you want to start the game?

Ephemeris

that hit me after adding the other pieces of the puzzle together.

if we have mandatory installs, and installs link to your gamertag upon use (obviously requiring an internet connection).. what do you do when you pop in that Next-gen X1 Batman title if your connection is down?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is a stat I'd like to see. What percentage of current xbox 360s are connected to the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom