• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Thread looking to take Dreamfall Chapters to PS4

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
As part of a much bigger Xbox One reaction article that deserves separate discussion in another, Red Thread Games dropped this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...their-say-on-specs-self-publishing-and-tvtvtv

"I had hoped for more from Microsoft, an assurance that they will be more open and inviting to the rising tide of new games and studios, but there was no mention of it or sign that they are changing the way Xbox Live will work for indie developers, which makes it hard for us to get excited about the platform.

"There's room for things to change or be clarified closer to launch, but for now our development focus will be on PlayStation 4. Sony has explicitly stated their support of indie development, and we are already looking at taking Dreamfall Chapters onto their platform.

"From a gamer's perspective, I saw nothing that made me desire the Xbox One. No gameplay, nothing new or revolutionary, and the focus on the 'living room device' was disappointing. For now, the PS4 is definitely the platform I'm personally looking forward to the most - both as a gamer and game developer."

Hopefully will happen!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, BEST NEWS EVER!

This solves all my problems where Dreamfall Chapters is concerned. Make it happen Sony.

RyoonZ

Banned
edge-wwe.gif

JP

Bloody hell, that's a surprise coming from them although it does seem to be the way things are going at the moment.

rigel137

Banned
From a gamer's perspective, I saw nothing that made me desire the Xbox One. No gameplay, nothing new or revolutionary

Is there a gameplay that is new or revolutionary coming from PS4? Or am I misread this guy?

AJ_Wings

Really glad about the news but I wonder if it's a simultaneous release along with the PC, Mac and Linux. I can see Red Thread releasing it down the line after they're done with the other versions.

bes.gen

Man, how the tables are turned..

Ragnar Tornquist speaks on x360
The 360 hype is building momentum leading up to Thursday's big MTV reveal, and I'm as curious as the next guy to find out what Microsoft is doing with their next-gen Xbox, design wise. I have been privy to quite a bit of technical information about the 'nextbox' for a while - although multiple NDAs prevent me from going into any details, so don't ask - and I'm very, very excited about it. More so than I am about the PlayStation 3. Why? Because the Microsoft guys get it. They're content focused, they are always accessible, they're incredibly open, and they're the nicest and friendliest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to work with in this (often unfriendly) industry. I hope and believe that the Xbox 360 will be a massive success, eating into Sony's semi-monopoly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46427

Eusis

Starting to think that the PS3 failing as much as it did was a good thing for Sony in the end.
It's generally a good thing for any company that gets too arrogant to get a good throttling, yeah.

And I hope we see similar with other indie games. Admittedly I don't want them to focus at the expense of the core game or getting it out late, but it'd be pretty nice to see the likes of Torment or Project Eternity ported over as is convenient.

Venin

I've been watching this game for a while now, ever since it went up on Kickstarter, and the donations blew up so quickly. Since then, it's also been greenlit on Steam. Now they're hoping to do a PS4 port? Power to them, for sure. Make it happen! I'll buy both Steam and PS4 versions, no doubt. I'm too in love with this series not to.

Mononoke

Banned
Is there a gameplay that is new or revolutionary coming from PS4? Or am I misread this guy?

Well, the Killzone video was actual gameplay, and it looked infinitely better than the pre-rendered CGI stuff that was shown at Xbox One (it mostly looked rather poor if I'm being honest).

Even something like Knack, at least showed off the games physics/capability.

Wouldn't call it revolutionary though. You have a point.

V_Ben

Banned
Oh man, so many games. Dreamfall Chapters uses Unity, right? Should be relatively painless to make a PS4 version!

batbeg

PLEASE! I'm replaying TLJ right now and don't even know if my shitty laptop will be able to handle Dreamfall, much less Chapters.

Man

Ragnar Tørnquist has been pro Microsoft and anti Sony for as long as I can remember. Dreamfall was a Xbox exclusive.

Top Bottom