• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite V2 Wii U missing Co-Op, Leaderboards, and Multiplayer

Nibel

WTvKSgY.jpg

// Mod Edit:

Nintendolife said:
Sniper Elite V2 has arrived in stores in Europe and North America with next to no fanfare. When little is said about a port landing on Wii U, and its publisher hasn't even arranged a downloadable eShop version, alarm bells should ring.

Yet there's no escaping Miiverse, and it's quickly emerged — thanks to early adopters — that this Wii U version has no online content. We interviewed Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley about the game earlier this year, during which he did confirm that there were no DLC plans at that point; a familiar refrain with some Wii U releases. The absence of the online co-op missions are an unexpected blow, however, baking the title down to a single player-only game.

The absence of online play is surprising as we know the Wii U can handle it rather well; many major ports from Ubisoft, Activision and Criterion have featured substantial online play, while Capcom has also delivered most recently this week with Resident Evil Revelations.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/sniper_elite_v2_on_wii_u_lacks_online_co_op_and_dlc

Schnozberry

What the hell.

Yeah, there's no online at all. The port seems to have gone entirely into getting the game running and adding gamepad features. It's a bummer, but what's there is done well. I think I'd be more disappointed if it had all the modes and played like ass.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck ? No Coop ? That's some bullshit right there. Even as a fan of the game I wouldn't recommend supporting this with chopped out features. Buy it dirt cheap on PC or whatever other formats you own. That's just fucking lazy.

Meelow

Banned
Maybe 'Play' has a sub-menu with those modes in it?

If it isn't this, I think we should do a #Don'ttreatWiiUversionsbad

This isn't just about Wii U, but publishers thinking they can take advantage of Nintendo fans.

Sony and Microsoft fans wouldn't deal with this so why does Nintendo fans have too?

mclem

You are better served looking after your own wallet, big multi-national companies putting out lacklustre effort will find a way to manage.

Wait. Big, multi-national company? Rebellion? Really?

(Disclaimer: Rebellion employee, 2001-2009. I never felt like we were a big company. Or a competent one, but then I was always a bit negative :)

Wait. Big, multi-national company? Rebellion? Really?

(Disclaimer: Rebellion employee, 2001-2009. I never felt like we were a big company. Or a competent one, but then I was always a bit negative :)

Hey - you bought 2000AD and let the staff there get on and make it a bloody excellent comic again, so you guys did something very right :)

therapist

Fun game but yea...60$ no.
I paid 10 or 15 on steam...why would i buy it again.

So stupid.

People who knows its old wont buy for 60 , others already own it , yet they will blame the wii u and poor sales and make no other games.

Charge 30 for it and itll do well , full price forget it.

Schnozberry

This isn't just about Wii U, but publishers thinking they can take advantage of Nintendo fans.

Sony and Microsoft fans wouldn't deal with this so why does Nintendo fans have too?

No other modes. It's just single player with gamepad enhancements. I got it with someone else's money, but otherwise wait for a fire sale.

Considering we already know neither Co-op nor competitive multiplayer will be present in the Wii U version: There are no other modes aside of singleplayer that could be added to the menu, it is the sole mode supported by this port.

I just saw the post mentioning the online stuff. Well, so much for that. Full price for much less content.

DrWong

I reckon I'll buy it for some Off-TV sniping tomfoolery. Once it hits £19.99, that is.

Yeah, if I'm still on the mood I'll maybe do the same. It's a shame as I was planning to buy it new but now I'll wait for a cheap used copy.

Yes gaf, a USED copy.

Mileena

Banned

Don't buy this shit, they'll get the picture. I don't think anyone even bought this trash game on those consoles either tbh
47ZexTU.png

Kevtones

Considering we already know neither Co-op nor competitive multiplayer will be present in the Wii U version: There are no other modes aside of singleplayer that could be added to the menu, it is the sole mode supported by this port.

Welp, didn't know this. That sucks.

Meelow

Banned
No other modes. It's just single player with gamepad enhancements. I got it with someone else's money, but otherwise wait for a fire sale.

The problem I have is why do Nintendo fans have to deal with this? that whole PS vs DRM on Twitter is not a bad idea, and maybe we should do this for Wii U with third party games, I want the same version as the other guys are getting. And before people say "Nintendo consoles are for Nintendo games" It doesn't matter if that's how you feel, this is about Nintendo fans getting treated like aliens.

I know I sound stupid suggesting a #SupportWiiUbetterthirdparties campaign but I'm a gamer and I want to play games where I don't gave to buy 3 different systems to do it.

Don't buy this shit, they'll get the picture. I don't think anyone even bought this trash game on those consoles either tbh
47ZexTU.png

Are you being legit or just being sarcastic?

Schnozberry

The problem I have is why do Nintendo fans have to deal with this? that whole PS vs DRM on Twitter is not a bad idea, and maybe we should do this for Wii U with third party games, I want the same version as the other guys are getting. And before people say "Nintendo consoles are for Nintendo games" It doesn't matter if that's how you feel, this is about Nintendo fans getting treated like aliens.

I know I sound stupid suggesting a #SupportWiiUbetterthirdparties campaign but I'm a gamer and I want to play games where I don't gave to buy 3 different systems to do it.

The same version would have been preferable, but I'm glad they got what was there right instead of having all the modes and a shitty framerate or something.

I don't know why the modes aren't there. Ask 505 games. They may answer on Twitter, they reply quite a bit to people.

netBuff

Yeah, if I'm still on the mood I'll maybe do the same. It's a shame as I was planning to buy it new but now I'll wait for a cheap used copy.

Yes gaf, a USED copy.

Plenty of garbage games that don't sell get sequels. We're on like Killzone 5 after all.

While Killzone may not be the most inspiring of series, at least its story is a bit more thoughtful than most shooter's (although, to be quite frank, still very generic). The fact that it is beautiful while still being competent in the shooting department is enough for me. They do sell okay, just not on blockbuster level.

Sniper Elite V2 isn't the worst of games either, just not something I would recommend for pickup. We're certain to see Sniper Elite 3 on PS4, so it can't have sold all that terrible in relation to their expectations and needs.

Meelow

Banned
The same version would have been preferable, but I'm glad they got what was there right instead of having all the modes and a shitty framerate or something.

I don't know why the modes aren't there. Ask 505 games. They may answer on Twitter, they reply quite a bit to people.

If I asked them on Twitter my tweet would be "Is the modes coming later on? Or are we supposed to be happy about paying $60 for a gimped version?"

prag16

Banned

Are you shitting me? Does anybody have the game yet to 100% verify?

I see. Well then...

47ZexTU.png

The problem with this is, when PS360 versions of games don't sell, the developers may actually see it as their own fault, and try to put forth a better offering next.

With Wii/U versions of games, it's ALWAYS the Nintendo fan base's fault. Always. smh

Ein Bear

Was gonna buy... not anymore. Money will go towards Deus Ex when it hits.

Off topic, but whatever happened with that anyway? I could have sworn Deus Ex had a release date in June when I pre-ordered it, but now it's just showing up as 'TBA' everywhere.

JoV

There was an article about this on Nintendolife a few days ago. Supposedly the first people to get it were up in arms on Miiverse about them stripping all the online content.

Tbf this is one game I was intending to pick up just for the hell of it. Not going to bother now if this is the case.

I was somewhat interested, sadly, after all the lack of modes I am not anymore. Maybe very cheap.

So, ok, for some reason they can't release those modes, so the obvious compromise would be the price. If released at $40 that may make up for the lack of modes. Otherwise GTFO.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
BREAKING NEWS: Company makes inferior version of a game for a Nintendo console then complains that it doesn't sell.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on this. Good lord, that's garbage. Might as well put a giant sticker on the front of the box that says DON'T BUY THIS EDITION.

Village

I though some guy accidentally posted a new MF doom song I never heard of in the wrong forum.

But now, i am rather intrigued.

From what I have heard the wii u isn't lesser than any current gen console. Why would they take those features. Is it some kind of way to save money?

Top Bottom