• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV System Requirements announced

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Minimum:

Processor: Any Quad Core Processor (Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X4) or 3.0+ Dual Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB HD space
Video Card: 1GB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader
DirectX®: 11
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 (4 * 2500 MHz) or AMD Phenom 9850 (4 * 2500 MHz)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB HD space
Video Card: Radeon HD 5850 (1024 MB) or GeForce GTX 260 GTS (1024 MB)
DirectX®: 11
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

http://www.behindgames.com/saints-row-iv-official-system-requirement-announced/

Durante

Yeah, seems to be the same as SR3 except for mandatory DX11. Probably a good decision.

Probably gonna end up running like shit on the most high end rigs.
Didnt that happen to SR3?
Ran perfectly for me on my modest 460 back then. I think there were some issues on AMD cards.

Syril

Shit, I'll need a new video card for this.

Yeah, seems to be the same as SR3 except for mandatory DX11. Probably a good decision.

Ran perfectly for me on my modest 460 back then. I think there were some issues on AMD cards.

Definitely AMD issues. My computer may be really old, but SR3 is easily the worst performing game I've ever played on it. Even Dark Souls runs better than SR3 on AMD cards.

Omega

Banned
Shit, I'll need a new video card for this.

Definitely AMD issues. My computer may be really old, but SR3 is easily the worst performing game I've ever played on it. Even Dark Souls runs better than SR3 on AMD cards.

Did they ever fix it? I just built my PC and it's AMD

It's really annoying to see these PC games that are on PS360 being DX10/11 only.

You need to play SR2 then

rjc571

Banned
Considering that these games are designed to run on 8 year old Xbox 360 tech, the fact that the PC version needs a system which is orders of magnitude more powerful than the Xbox 360 to run is a little embarrassing, no? It makes the PC port seem very lazy.

Nah mine ran perfectly well
rip my sweet dual core, your time is over

People still have dual core computers
jwaoknxetbm3c.png

I got a 6 core so I wouldn't have to upgrade for a long time. My laptop is a quad but it's not for gaming.

Durante

Considering that these games are designed to run on 8 year old Xbox 360 tech, the fact that the PC version needs a system which is orders of magnitude more powerful than the Xbox 360 to run is a little embarrassing, no? It makes the PC port seem very lazy.
The minimum requirements aren't really an order of magnitude more powerful than 360, at all.

Refyref

Did they ever fix it? I just built my PC and it's AMD

I guess it was a launch issue? Like I said, works perfectly for me.

It's really annoying to see these PC games that are on PS360 being DX10/11 only.

Many ports these days are starting to be DX11 only. It usually gives better performance if the card supports it and no extra features were added. Most of the time, though, they do add extra visual features, which is even better.

Stitch

Gold Member

Yes, and they made the performance even worse with a patch lol.

No one really knows what's causing it. Everyone says it's a AMD problem but I also had it with my 560 TI. Maybe a CPU problem? I do have a AMD CPU... mhh. Oh well, didn't really like the game anyway. SR2 was better but that port was even worse.

BadAss2961

There was a setting I had to turn down (or completely off, can't remember) in Saints Row 3. But it ran fine after that on just a 4870 1GB. Mostly 40-50fps with some dips, 60fps in water and high rooftop areas where there's not much to render.

Facism

how can they recommend a GTX 260 when it doesn't support Dx 11?

either a typo, dx 11 isn't the minimum or i'm being an idiot.

Quick question from a non-PC gamer who this is not going to effect anyway as my Laptop does not come close to meeting those specs:

Why is the recommended OS Windows Vista? Is it just less resource intensive than Windows 7?

Refyref

Quick question from a non-PC gamer who this is not going to effect anyway as my Laptop does not come close to meeting those specs:

Why is the recommended OS Windows Vista? Is it just less resource intensive than Windows 7?

Because that's the "lowest" OS that supports DX11. The OS itself doesn't matter.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nah mine ran perfectly well

People still have dual core computers
jwaoknxetbm3c.png

I got a 6 core so I wouldn't have to upgrade for a long time. My laptop is a quad but it's not for gaming.
Yes, I milk it for all it's worth, runs plenty of games released in the last 3 years just fine.

Top Bottom