• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb podcast with Sony's Scott Rohde (must listen)

27 minutes long.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/sony-s-scott-rohde-answers-your-burning-ps4-questi/1600-504/

Confirmations about DRM stuff, prices, etc.

Some highlights:

- Not allowing online passes, even for third parties, since PS+ is now required for online play.
- $399 was a target price set many years ago
- Camera is not included, costs $59
- F2P online games/services won't require PS+ in general (but some games might)
- Subscription based games/services won't require PS+
- Laughed when asked about HOME on PS4, complimented it. (probably means its coming to PS4)

Q8D3vil

- Not allowing online passes, even for third parties, since PS+ is now required for online play.
- $399 was a target price set many years ago
- Camera is not included, costs $59
- F2P online games/services won't require PS+
- Subscription based games/services won't require PS+
Not perfect, but definitely much better than the current live.

pa22word

How on point is this? I've come to expect a 2:1 fluff to content ratio with the bombcast, and I'm not going to sit through 20 minuets of random bullshit I have no interest in for maybe 7 of actual Sony/PS4/E3 related content.

StuBurns

Banned
How on point is this? I've come to expect a 2:1 fluff to content ratio with the bombcast, and I'm not going to sit through 20 minuets of random bullshit I have no interest in for maybe 7 of actual Sony/PS4/E3 related content.
This isn't a bombcast, it's just a relentless series of questions.

Zemm

Once again Klepek showing why he's ones of the best games journalist, some of those questions must have been tricky to answer. Great interview.

16 minutes in the crew asks about the status of Bioshock Vita

Scott Rhodes replies "I really don't (know what's going on) that's a question for Adam Boyes

(laughter and slight delay)

Fun game though"

SparkTR

I'm kind of disappointed there's no random bullshit in it.

R1CHO

16 minutes in the crew asks about the status of Bioshock Vita

Scott Rhodes replies "I really don't (know what's going on) that's a question for Adam Boyes

(laughter and slight delay)

Fun game though"

Yeah, wtf was that? Patrick didn't notice? WTF!

softie

Really great, you should break major information into single threads, because new information deserves a new thread. ;-)

I especially liked the question about the overall mentality and philosophy changes since the launch of PS3. This is something that should be highlighted. :)

Top Bottom