• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling: Xbox One has a stated 1.5mbps minimum speed requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Well this is a thing. I couldn't even use one if I wanted to, wth Microsoft.

3RNJvw6.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's pretty fast for just a phone home.

spons

Gold Member
I would definitely move out of my home town, lose my friends and family and ditch my job for the Xbone if I couldn't get a good connection there.

All respect to Jim Sterling, but I think they stated that the Xbone operated 'optimally' at 1.5 mbps, not that it was required to.

Yawnier

Banned
I wouldn't be able to get this console then living in sort of rural Canada (I didn't have any interest in buying the console in the first place, but still).

My internet here is the fastest offered by any ISP and it is still under 1.5 MBPS.

Acidote

Ok this is getting out of hand. I know people with a 360 with a 1MBps connection. And that on paper.

And I assume Sterling means 1MB even though the letter are not capitalized.

Xpliskin

that's the second great news I hear about microsoft's new console.
EDIT:
sarcasm

This thing is designed for 10 years from today.

ascii42

I believe that's technically the recommended speed. If you aren't playing online/using the power of the cloud(tm), then you don't need much. As Phil Harrison said, it's only sending a few kilobytes when it phones home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom