• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales coming to DVD this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

This is the best afternoon cartoon show ever made. The only question is what exactly is on the release. Is it a "best of" disc, or is it a Season 1, Vol. 1 thing (because the first season has some 60+ episodes I believe).

Asbel

One of my favorite cartoons as a kid. I've dl'ed and rewatched the first season of DuckTales and it hasn't aged badly, which isn't something I can say for Batman, which I won't be watching anymore as to not ruin the nostalgia further. I've heard Gargoyles didn't age well either and I fear the same faith for Exo-Squad as that's more serious too.

But DuckTales >> Darkwing >>> Tale Spin >.. >> Goof Troop

Eh, I was too old by the time Goof Troop came on.

Edit: About DuckTales not being DVD worthy. You forget that it was popular enough to get a theatrical movie release.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Asbel said:
One of my favorite cartoons as a kid. I've dl'ed and rewatched the first season of DuckTales and it hasn't aged badly, which isn't something I can say for Batman, which I won't be watching anymore as to not ruin the nostalgia further. I've heard Gargoyles didn't age well either and I fear the same faith for Exo-Squad as that's more serious too.

But DuckTales >> Darkwing >>> Tale Spin >.. >> Goof Troop

Eh, I was too old by the time Goof Troop came on.

Edit: About DuckTales not being DVD worthy. You forget that it was popular enough to get a theatrical movie release.

gargoyles is still awesome, they show it latenights on jetix or something right after xmen

then at 3am they showed talespin :D

Odoul

sans_pants said:
gargoyles is still awesome, they show it latenights on jetix or something right after xmen

then at 3am they showed talespin :D
Hell yeah it is.

What's sweet is you can watch 90's Spiderman/Xmen and Gargoyles from 10 to 12 on Disney.

Then Batman and Superman at midnight on Boomerang. They showed Worlds Finest last week, holds up just fine.

FoneBone said:
We still need Pinky and the Brain. Fuck you, Warner.
Hell they haven't even gotten Animaniacs or Tiny Toons. It's like they could make money and please their fans, but they just won't out of spite.

ManaByte

Odoul said:
Hell they haven't even gotten Animaniacs or Tiny Toons. It's like they could make money and please their fans, but they just won't out of spite.

They are looking at Animaniacs right now.

http://boards3.warnerbros.com/wbol/thread.jspa?threadID=2000033855&tstart=0

4) animaniacs on dvd???
ANSWER We hope very soon!

5) i really want to know the date for a animaniacs dvd release in the uk. plz tell me.
ANSWER No exact date yet, but we are currently evaluating this property for DVD release.

Brannon

Damn, does anyone know where the extended version of the Ducktales theme song can be found? We need to hit up that stuff.

Wow, this is awesome. Ever since that UNCUT YTMND site was posted here a few weeks ago, I've been on a total Ducktales binge. I LOVED that show as a kid. I am ALL OVER this when it comes out. I hope this does well, and they release Chip 'N Dale's Rescue Rangers on DVD too.

WordAssassin said:
Wow, this is awesome. Ever since that UNCUT YTMND site was posted here a few weeks ago, I've been on a total Ducktales binge. I LOVED that show as a kid. I am ALL OVER this when it comes out. I hope this does well, and they release Chip 'N Dale's Rescue Rangers on DVD too.

Check the OP's link. Chip N Dale is there too. Street date Nov. 8

Alcibiades

awesome...

now I hope they get Talespin and Darkwing Duck the same treatment (hopefully this means a collection of all the episodes)...

jiggle

Where's Gummi Bears >.<
I can't fathom the idea of watching Duck Tales before Gummi Bears. At least Chip N Dale comes after DT. But it's still out of order, damnit. I'm just gonna hold off until all 3 are out on DVD.

SantaC

jiggle said:
Where's Gummi Bears >.<
I can't fathom the idea of watching Duck Tales before Gummi Bears. At least Chip N Dale comes after DT. But it's still out of order, damnit. I'm just gonna hold off until all 3 are out on DVD.

I heart <3 the intro to Gummi Bears :D

OmniGamer

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! Last year I DL'ed all 100 episodes, season 1 and 2, and encoded them in Divx format and watched them on my Dreamcast(yeah yeah i'm low tech, pfft). This show owns my childhood!

Tritroid

SantaCruZer said:
I heart <3 the intro to Gummi Bears :D
oh my god so do I!! :lol

I watched that cartoon so much when I was a kid, I still have the words memorized.

*clears throat*

Dashing and daring, courageous and caring

Faithful and friendly with stories to share

All through the forest they sing out in chorus

Marching along as their song fills the air

CHORUS:

Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere

High adventure that's beyond compare.

They are the Gummi Bears

Magic and mystery are part of their history

Along with the secret of Gummi Berry Juice

The legend is growing they take part in knowing

They fight for what's right in whatever they do

CHORUS:

Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere

High adventure that's beyond compare.

They are the Gummi Bears

Probably the best theme song to a cartoon EVER. God it ushers in such nostalgia.
If you're interested in hearing it for the first time, or again, here: http://jen.fluxcapacitor.net/cse/gummi/GummiBears.wav

And if you want a good laugh, here's the same theme in Polish: http://jen.fluxcapacitor.net/cse/gummi/gummi-polish.wav

jman2050

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

On a similar note, anyone remember the Disney Afternoon? Best damn 2-hour cartoon block in the history of cartoons :)

OmniGamer

jman2050 said:
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

On a similar note, anyone remember the Disney Afternoon? Best damn 2-hour cartoon block in the history of cartoons :)

lol, of course we do...and every year a new show was added to the 4:30pm block, which squeezed out the 3:00pm show....God I was pissed when Ducktales was squeezed out!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
GoutPatrol said:
Ducktales is awesome.

This thread needs Launchpad love.
Gizmoduck > Launchpad

Blabbering Blatherskites!

If this is a S1 collection, though, I don't think there'll be any Gizmoduck eps, he showed up a little later in the series, IIRC.

Show kinda sharkjumped when they added that caveman duck as a regular.

OmniGamer

Shig said:
Gizmoduck > Launchpad

Blabbering Blatherskites!

If this is a S1 collection, though, I don't think there'll be any Gizmoduck eps, he showed up a little later in the series, IIRC.

Show kinda sharkjumped when they added that caveman duck as a regular.

Season 1 has 65 episodes...season 2 has 35 episodes(100 total)...Gizmoduck and Bubba are in Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom