• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Messages from Kamiya & Hashimoto RE: Bayo2 & Wonderful 101

From here: http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/official_blog/?p=3775

Rough translations are mine. If any one notices mistakes (for example Aeana ;) ) please let me know so they can be corrected.

Yusuke Hashimoto
Director, Bayonetta 2

This game presents a new feature where you can summon demons while repeating powerful attacks, called "Umbran Climax", new situations as presented in Sky Battles, and it's not just comprised of overturning bad and good, 'Angels VS Demons' theme, but features stages in the spirit world filled with squirming devils and new demons that provide you with an over flowing feeling of 'climax'.

Please anticipate an evolved non-stop climactic action game in Bayonetta 2

Hideki Kamiya
Supervisor, Bayonetta 2

What was everyone's reaction to seeing Bayonetta with a short hair for the first time? We'd been thinking about this idea since finishing development on the first game, to bring out a new charm for the fashionable Bayonetta by changing not only greatly altering her costume, but also her hair style.

This lively hair style was chosen from many ideas to match with the now more dynamic action scenes in the new game and we felt that it would fascinate many players and provide them with a new excitement for the character.

I hope you look forward to an even more bewitching and violent Bayonetta than the first game.

Hideki Kamiya
Director, The Wonderful 101

The conception of The Wonderful 101 began with the idea that I wanted to control many heroes at once while playing. These heroes will literally join together to form large fists to fight enemies and ladders and bridges to overcome dangerous paths. I hope that these brave heroes will light a fire in your hearts and bring out the spirit of a hero within yourself.

The joint powers of the heroes that we have shown off so far are just a small selection of what is in the game. From now, we will begin to introduce more and more, little by little, so please be on the look out. The hero who will save the world is you.

Known TW101 powers include: sword, ladder, gun, fist, whip, hammer, chain
I know I am missing some, though.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I love Bayonetta's new look. I always thought the big stack of hair was preventing her from reaching the next level of hotness.

chrono01

It could have been Koyima.

6ROUciJ.png

Yagharek

I love the enthusiasm of ideas that Kamiya has for W101. It was the first game trailer I have ever seen to make me laugh. It looks so incredibly fun.

PusherT

The Wonderful 101 is the coolest new IP from Nintendo in ages. The E3 multiplayer footage of the game looks really great I hope it is Nintendo Network online play though.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
These were the two best games on display in Nintendo's booth, and I can't wait to play both of them. It really seems like Yusuke Hashimoto has figured out how to do Bayonetta's Climax action right, which was something that had slightly worried me.

Wonderful 101 looked beautiful, controlled awesomely, and was so fun to rock through with five players.

Just wish I didn't have to wait until September for Wonderful 101!

Yagharek

Yeah, 1-5 players.

Fuck me.

Rightly or wrongly, this game really gives me strong Gunstar Heroes vibes. Just the colour and incessant action, as well as the vibrancy of the world. It's not so much the aesthetics that are similar (they aren't), but it's more that the game appeals to the same core values about what gameplay should be like.

PusherT

These were the two best games on display in Nintendo's booth, and I can't wait to play both of them. It really seems like Yusuke Hashimoto has figured out how to do Bayonetta's Climax action right, which was something that had slightly worried me.

Wonderful 101 looked beautiful, controlled awesomely, and was so fun to rock through with five players.

Just wish I didn't have to wait until September for Wonderful 101!

I can't stop watching the Bayonetta 2 gameplay footage the E3 demo boss fight looks really good. The graphics on the dragon boss and the share intensity of the punches and kicks Bayonetta delivers it makes me sad Bayonetta 2 isn't a 2013 title. Plantinum surprised me with MG Rising Revengence but 101/Bayonetta 2 is surpassing that game IMO.

Suirrad

The joint powers of the heroes that we have shown off so far are just a small selection of what is in the game.

This is good to know as I was wondering about this myself. Hopefully there will be a wide variety of moves to choose from.

Pikma

Banned
I'm super excited for both titles, can't wait to get my hands on W101, it looks beautiful in terms of presentation AND gameplay.

The work Platinum Games does is really incredible, their games have like an instant appeal, they make me want to play them just by seeing a few seconds of gameplay, even a screenshot. That doesn't happen with a lot of games right now, not with me at least.

Just remembered the answer so forget my question. Anyway these games are gonna great. Hope this is a success for both Nintendo and Platinum.

I was/am excited about 101, but I fear it will be a relatively short game. (Thought I read something to that effect) Hopefully they'll have built in ways to make the experience last.

NateDrake

I was/am excited about 101, but I fear it will be a relatively short game. (Thought I read something to that effect) Hopefully they'll have built in ways to make the experience last.

The comment about it being short was taken out of context and angered Platinum when people started making that assumption.

Monocle

Platinum bundles up everything I love about videogames and rolls it in glitter. They are the reason I'll buy a Wii U.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I was so glad about the W101 multiplayer confirmations; also the super power info is great; let's see how the 2Player mode will turn out in Bayoentta2; in any case I'd love to see both of them at 60fps

mclem

Fuck me.

Rightly or wrongly, this game really gives me strong Gunstar Heroes vibes. Just the colour and incessant action, as well as the vibrancy of the world. It's not so much the aesthetics that are similar (they aren't), but it's more that the game appeals to the same core values about what gameplay should be like.

My worry - and it's a persistent one - is that the action of getting your heroes into a specific ability might be a little unwieldy to use in the heat of battle. We'll see, though!

Top Bottom