• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: "Ps4 40% more powerful than the Xbox One"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

+ poll results

With only six hours left in the poll, 95% of the over 40,000 gamers who replied said they’d be purchasing a PS4.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngau...-4-launch-edition-already-sold-out-at-amazon/

mcfrank

Forbes Contributor - not saying it isn't true, but the title might as well read "Blogger: "PS4 40% more powerful than Xbox One"

Joeki11a

Banned
Wasnt this known when the specs were revealed and compared, something about more CPU speed teraflops or something

Majmun

iw3w51wbVRxPT.gif
, thread

Unless forbes contributor is CBOAT i call bullshit.
And we can't tell what final hardware specs are before retail console are in the gamers or tech press hands. So yeah either X1 has become stronger or ps4 has gotten a downclock.
History will tell us down clocks for both are more the norm then the rare occasion.

MoeB

it will also be more future proof. after 4 or 5 years, we'll start to notice a huge difference between the two systems thanks to the GDDR5 memory.

orioto

Good Art™
We know it's more powerfull. But will there be a noticeable difference for first multi titles ? That would be a terrible coup de grace for Microsoft!

I'd prefer Sony to win gamer's heart in that manner, rather than relying on Microsoft absurdities only.

gaming_noob

Xbone offers absolutely ZERO value for the customer to choose them over the PS4. There's never been a generation with this big of a gap in terms of power/advantages.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Does the power-to-fun ratio change this generation? Or are we at a 40% more powerful means 40% more fun baseline?

derfybzh

I just ask myself when are they going to prove it , for now and after E3 I don't see the power behind PS4.

I will have to wait for launch of both I guess ...

Jumpman23

Xbone offers absolutely ZERO value for the customer to choose them over the PS4. There's never been a generation with this big of a gap in terms of power/advantages.

We are ending one now. The Wii was clearly outclassed in hardware performance but still managed to dominate in sales.

RetroStu

Banned

Xbox over PS2 was more than 40% i'm pretty sure, PS1 over the Sega Saturn must of been close, likewise with the PS2 over the Dreamcast etc.

There only seems to be a problem this time because Microsoft have the 'weaker' console, i'm sure it wouldn't be mentioned anywhere close as much if the PS4 was the weaker console, just my opinion.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
PS4 - SSJ2 Goku (perfect ssj2 but with slightly sloppy fighting techniques for now)

XB1 - USSJ Vegeta at 80%-100% power (slower than Goku, fluctuating power range with varying fighting techniques because of software)

WiiU - Krillin at relative power level compared to those (can chop you I'm half once in a blue with the right game)

gaming_noob

Xbox over PS2 was more than 40% i'm pretty sure, PS1 over the Sega Saturn must of been close, likewise with the PS2 over the Dreamcast etc.

There only seems to be a problem this time because Microsoft have the 'weaker' console, i'm sure it would be mentioned anywhere close as much if the PS4 was the weaker console, just my opinion.

The PS2 also had 1000+ games more The Xbox so that more than balances out the power disadvantage. This gen if you want games, variety, indie games, power, price and minus all the restrictions you go for the PS4.

Man

Anyways, the noticeable thing here is it being Forbes posting these devastating stats. Super bad PR for Microsoft.

I am wondering how long it'll be before the casual gamer notices the difference. It'll be a while before developers can efficiently utilize the power of these systems.

KlotePino

The second I saw that title I knew it was a contributor article. I'm pretty sure the PS4 will outscale the Xbox One but this really isn't any type of reliable source and IMO articles like this should be banned unless it's actually coming from writers at Forbes.

charsace

There only seems to be a problem this time because Microsoft have the 'weaker' console, i'm sure it wouldn't be mentioned anywhere close as much if the PS4 was the weaker console, just my opinion.
Saturn was more powerful than the pax.

I just ask myself when are they going to prove it , for now and after E3 I don't see the power behind PS4.

I will have to wait for launch of both I guess ...

That could have something to do with the fact that the Xbones were PCs with MUCH faster Nvidia graphics cards.

KrAzEd

Banned
Sorry I don't buy it. They said the same thing when the PS3 came out, touting numbers like 50% more powerful! I didn't see any difference at all in third party games this generation, and that was coming from a console that came out a year after the 360. The playstation exclusives looked really nice, but I feel like Halo 4 was the best looking console game of last year for sure. People forget that Microsoft has invested so much in their cloud gaming service, which enables a lot of things such as A.I. to be brought in using 0 of the systems assets. The Xbox One exclusives look amazing, Ryse is the best looking game I have seen so far out of all the new console reveals. Time will certainly tell, but I am tired of hearing how much better the PS4 is, I can't wait till these things come out so we can just stop the speculation. Every website that mentions anything negative about the Xbox One or something positive about the PS4 gets a billion hits, so I guess we can expect plenty of objective based articles over the course of the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom