• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PSN Plus deal - Lots of free archived games

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I.Q. and Armored Core.

Why isn't I.Q. on the US store!? ;__;

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit. LSD, Thunderforce V, Kings Field 1-3, Shadow Tower, Cho Aniki, THREE Armored Core games, Guilty Gear, Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Fire Pro G, Zero Divide, Harmful Park...

All of a sudden JPS+ just got really awesome.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Holy shit. LSD, Thunderforce V, Kings Field 1-3, Shadow Tower, Cho Aniki, THREE Armored Core games, Guilty Gear, Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Fire Pro G, Zero Divide, Harmful Park...

Shadow Tower any good?

androvsky

Searched, didn't find anything so apologies if old.

List of titles: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/plus/123titlelineup.html

Not familiar with a lot of these, but some I know. Kings Field 1-3, Shin Megami Tensei If.., 峠MAX 2.

Not sure if many here have Japanese PSN+ but if you do, a bunch of titles are currently free.

If you have a JP PSN account, I believe this link (JPSN store) is a free 15 day trial.

hot damn, the free trial worked on my Japanese account even though I used one from the Welcome Back thing. Now to find the games on the store... :)

Aeana

I wish the selection was better, but there are at least some decent games there. I'd recommend checking out Popolocrois as well as Langrisser 4&5.

luokyl

I'm just having a quick browse through the Japanese Instant Game collection.

It looks really good for Vita owners (Virtue's Last Reward, Time Travellers, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Trails in the Sky FC), but it looks fairly lame for PS3 owners (House of the Dead 4, Battle Fantasia, Echochrome, Datura).

On the US and EU instant game collection, there's always exciting big budget recently released titles for PS3 (Saints Row 3, Battlefield 3, Sleeping Dogs, etc.). This is the first time I've ever looked at the JP list (and hopefully I'm looking at the right thing: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/plus/list/index.html) and it looks pretty awful.

This massive bundle of classic games must be sweet and all, but how is the JP PS Plus service normally for PS3 owners? I never hear much about it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Which one? XXACP or one of the older ones?

Jucksalbe

Banned
If most of the games aren't that great, does it really matter if there's 123 of them?

It means chances are high there's something enjoyable for everyone in there (can't really judge because for half of those I can't even read the title). Well, maybe take away the 30 Simple 1500 games.

halfbeast

Banned
convenience store simulation game - WHAT the WHAT?!

dscf2032.jpg

is it any good?

randomkid

All right then, I guess it's finally time to look up instructions on how to set up a Japanese PSN account. I hope these games aren't tricky to find, 15 days should be enough for me to see what all the fuss is about in LSD and Harmful Park and maybe fiddle around with SMT:If

$h@d0w

Can't wait for gaikai if sony is going to bering this kind of quantity to their subscription services.

Yuterald

You all should download King's Field and Shadow Tower first and foremost, especially if you're a Demon's/Dark Souls fan. Wish NA had the JP store library... =(

Eusis

You all should download King's Field and Shadow Tower first and foremost, especially if you're a Demon's/Dark Souls fan. Wish NA had the JP store library... =(
I hope SOMEONE works something out to get those on the US store, because seriously what the hell? Agetec got Irem games up (before Irem imploded) and From's definitely kicking around and has their games there, get the damn games on the PSN already!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Will do. KF combat always looked quite slow to me but might as well try it out.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is this...Rival Schools for only 600 YEN?!

OP, I will love you forever if this is the case and I manage to snatch it for cheap!!!!

EDIT: Added every single game. I'm such a hoarder, I can't help it.

So they're only free while you're subscribed? What if 3 months later they decide to pull the promotion? Do they do things like that?

Forgot I still have 1200 yen to kick around.
Not sure what to grab.

Downloaded TFV and LSD. The selection is actually pretty bad, well except for Harmful Park but I already have that.

EDIT: HOLY SMOKES!
PSN Japan has the Sega Ages Phantasy Star Complete Collection for 800 yen.
I might have to buy some more yen.

Link1110

And these are free as long as I have ps+? I may have to get a 5000 yen card! Anyone know of a local (maybe cheaper than online) place in shanghai?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Got an old friend coming over this weekend. Will be fun to play/make fun of a couple of classics with him.

Thanks for the heads-up!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can you guys recommend any games with text in English? I can't read Japanese. Also, are there any shmups on this list?

Can you guys recommend any games with text in English? I can't read Japanese. Also, are there any shmups on this list?

Harmful Park is probably the best of the bunch.
TFV is okay and almost entirely in english.
Dezeamon Kids: Create your own shmup. Has a second disc with over 100 games made using Dezeamon)
Konami MSX Antiques 1 & 2 have games like Parodius, Salamander, etc. Thing is, they're the MSX versions and uh..they're pretty bad.

That's about it really. Most of the other games worthy of merit require a little to a lot of Japanese.

Apparently HotD4, Malicious, and a bunch of other neat games are also freebies right now. HotD4 is required if you own a Move.

Oh wowwww. Just played this PS1 game called Project Gaiaray. I'm surprised Sega didn't sue these guys for ripping off Virtual On. It's so blatant. The music is pretty sweet tho.

Tsukumo

Searched, didn't find anything so apologies if old.

Not sure if many here have Japanese PSN+ but if you do, a bunch of titles are currently free. List of titles: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/plus/123titlelineup.html

Not familiar with a lot of these, but some I know. Kings Field 1-3, Shin Megami Tensei If.., 峠MAX 2, blah blah.

If you have a JP PSN account, I believe this link (JPSN store) is a free 15 day trial for Plus.

Edit: As req.,video on how to set up JPSN account.

I have an EU ps3 and a Japanese account. If I buy a card and download psone games, are they playable or they are region locked?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I have an EU ps3 and a Japanese account. If I buy a card and download psone games, are they playable or they are region locked?

If you buy a Japanese PSN card and redeem the points on their store, you should be able to buy the games and then log into your other accounts on that console and play them.

Top Bottom