• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games™ #136 scores

Mock if old, I can't sleep so I thought I'd write up the scores and content for the June 20th issue of Games™;

SpRLnMl.jpg

Cover article;

"Xbox One: Microsoft's war beyond consoles" - with previews of;

. Forza 5
. Quantum Break
. Assassin's Creed IV
. Watch_Dogs
. NFS: Rivals
. Thief
. The Witcher 3
. Destiny
. Dying Light
. The Evil Within
. Ryse
. Battlefield 4
. Sniper Elite III
. Rainbow 6: Patriots

Discuss;

. "The Big 3 at a glance"
. "Why Star Wars will solve EA's IP problems"
. "Creative Assembly: From RTS to Free-to-Play"

Previews;

. Wolfenstein: New Order
. Batman: Arkham Origins
. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
. Deus Ex: The Fall
. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Showcase;

. Dragon's Crown
. Wonderful 101
. Watch_Dogs
. Killer is Dead
. Soul Fjord
. Shadow of the Eternals
. Beyond: Two Souls
. Chasm
. Shin Megami Tensai IV
. Earthbound
. Mario Party
. EVR
. Road Redemption
. Shovel Knight
. LocoCycle
. Rayman Legends

Articles;

. "Call of Duty: Beyond Modern Warfare"
. "DriveClub: Closer to the Edge"

Interviews;

. Ted Price & Insomniac: "Surviving a Changing Industry"

Reviews;

. The Last of Us - 9/10: "In the PS3's dying light, Naughty Dog has crafted one of this generation's true marvels."

. Fuse - 7/10: "Fun with friends, but shallow when solo."

. Remember Me - 6/10: "For all it's many flaws what's most aggravating about Remember Me is that there's clearly a masterpiece buried somewhere inside it."

. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 8/10: "New Leaf is the Animal Crossing sequel veterans will have been hoping for, doubling down on elements that allow for genuine self-expression within this pocket universe."

. Soul Sacrifice - 6/10: "A distinctly Japanese curio that will find a moderate audience, but not the console-defining experience the PS Vita is still desperately searching for."

. GRID 2 - 8/10: "On a mechanical level it is the perfect blend of arcade and simulation, but ultimately we need a little more for it to be a must-have racer."

. Far Cry: Blood Dragon - 8/10: "The overall package lacks the coherency and polish of its mainline predecessor, but Blood Dragon is a meaty, gratifying dose of excess that refuses to pander to subtlety."

. Resident Evil: Revelations - 7/10: "This is the best way to experience Revelations, but it's too indecisive about it's approach and not nearly polished enough to work it's way into the must-play category."

. Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - 8/10: "Expertly crafted and sometimes witheringly difficult."

. Don't Starve - 8/10: "It's a game that just keeps on giving, even as it tears your life from you."

. Surgeon Simulator 2013 - 6/10: "Surgeon Simulator is rather a lot of fun, all things considered, and is certainly the sort of thing to show off to your friends."

. Slender: The Arrival - 5/10: "Stylish and shocking, but ultimately one dimensional."

. The Starship Damrey - 2/10: "A chore from start to finish."

. Poker Night 2 - 6/10: "Fun enough, but it sadly lacks depth."

. Star Command - 7/10: "An uneven slice of sci-fi homage."

. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - 8/10: "The strongest example of a retro reprieve that Nintendo have put out in recent years."

. Tekken Card Tournament - 5/10: "Worth investigating, but flaws deter long-term play."

. Guacamelee! - 8/10: "A Day of the Dead tribute to Samus & Friends."

. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 7/10: "There isn't much to it once you get past the unique storytelling, but the simple shooting is so satisfying that it's still quite easy to recommend."

Retro;

. "The Making of E3"
. "Best Boss: Shadow of the Colossus"
. "Conversion Catastrophe: NARC"
. "Game Changers: Sonic the Hedgehog"
. "Collector's Corner: Rendering Ranger R2"
. "The Retro guide to...Star Trek"

*edit, lol, that disappeared fast without a single view. Guess I'll try again when Europe's awake.

sense

rainbow six patriots listed for xbox one huh . so i guess gamescom then. i am positive it will probably be for ps4 as well just found it curious it is listed

Mupod

Oh come on, starship damrey is alright.

Was expecting more of a horror game though. And it's short.

Top Bottom