• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Sly Cooper 5: Master of Thieves (PS4/Vita)

$h@d0w

According to the poster, the game will be titled “Sly 5: Master of Thieves” and will be releasing for the PS4 and PS Vita systems. This means two things: Sly Cooper will be remaining as a Playstation Exclusive, and the development team will not be supporting PS3 play. Also, while it’s hard to make out, it appears that Sucker Punch Studios (The development team behind the original Sly trilogy, but not Thieves in Time) will not be developing Sly 5 either, as there logo does not appear to be on the bottom. However, Sanzuru’s (The team behind Sly 4) logo isn’t visible either, so there may be a third developer joining in on the Sly Cooper franchise.

http://linkters.com/sly-5-details-potentially-leaked/

@notaxation 6:52 PM
This has been floating around for a couple of days, so it's worth noting: Sly Cooper 5: Master of Thieves is fake.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Earlier today, an image detailing “Sly 5: Master of Thieves” was leaked via an anonymous source. "

To whom was it leaked?

Yawnier

Banned
Seems very plausible that Sanzaru are working on a Sly 4 sequel.

Now to find a home for Jak and Daxter!

Edit: Wait, hold on Sanzaru might not be developing this? Then who would developing this in the first place?

jwk94

Why would Sucker Punch be working on it?

sly-5.png

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Could be a good property to use the touchpad and PS Eye, hopefully they get creative.

According to the poster, the game will be titled “Sly 5: Master of Thieves” and will be releasing for the PS4 and PS Vita systems. This means two things: Sly Cooper will be remaining as a Playstation Exclusive.

Doesn't Sony own the IP? Why wouldn't remain exclusive to playstation?

Drago

Something about the 5 in the logo seems off, and why call this one 5 when Thieves in Time didn't have a 4 in the title? Hmm...

Looks fake. Even if a new Sly is in the works I call BS on this image.

Sly 4 wasnt called Sly 4. Why would 5 be called Sly 5?

Whats up with that white bar at the top with the PS4 and Vita logos?

The " Master of Thieves" part looks amateurish.

Seems very plausible that Sanzaru are working on a Sly 4 sequel.

Now to find a home for Jak and Daxter!

Edit: Wait, hold on Sanzaru might not be developing this? Then who would developing this in the first place?

Yeah that's weird. Really liked their work on Sly, I think they'd do a great job yet again, would love PS4 Sly. Hopefully it's them even if their logo apparently isn't there (yet? or if this isn't real yet). Either that or hopefully they're working on Jak.

Would love for Sony to continue to get closer to Sanzaru to bring back more of these games since those other devs don't want to work on them anymore.

DC1

I fully trust Sanzaru!
I was lost in classic Sly game play during my run through of 4.
Here's to you Sanzaru
Beer-Mugs-1-Y0G8PB3TPD-1024x768.jpg
. Cant wait for 5!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This has been floating around for a couple of days, so it's worth noting: Sly Cooper 5: Master of Thieves is fake.

TripOpt55

Seems really fake. I hope we do get a new Sly game though I'd love Sanzaru to do a new Jak if they had a passion for that series like they do Sly. They did a great job with Thieves in Time.

sense

man that looks so fake and why would they not put it on ps3 as well not like it is a system seller and sony has announced many games that are ps3/ps4/vita so this doesn't make any sense. goes right alongside god of war redemption and gears of war redux!

Come on Sanzaru give me a second game for my future PS4.

Maybe Bend studios is going to be the ones who give us a new Jak. You never know.

According to the poster, the game will be titled “Sly 5: Master of Thieves” and will be releasing for the PS4 and PS Vita systems. This means two things: Sly Cooper will be remaining as a Playstation Exclusive, and the development team will not be supporting PS3 play. Also, while it’s hard to make out, it appears that Sucker Punch Studios (The development team behind the original Sly trilogy, but not Thieves in Time) will not be developing Sly 5 either, as there logo does not appear to be on the bottom. However, Sanzuru’s (The team behind Sly 4) logo isn’t visible either, so there may be a third developer joining in on the Sly Cooper franchise.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

NateDrake

Don't know why anyone would think this was real.

Did Sly 4 even sell well enough on PS3/Vita for another entry to be made? I love the series, but I don't see Sly making a big return anytime soon.

Top Bottom