• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halfway through the year...what's your GOTY so far?

Darkgran

2B72CB86-7E00-46BB-AC52-0CF4EA019775-5385-0000049A515F4B45_zpsd89f59af.jpg

Huge improvement over previous versions. Amazing customization. Great music. I have over 50 hours in it so far.

So whats your GOTY so far?

jwk94

Just started The Last of Us, but my GOTY has to be Tomb Raider so far. That game took me by complete surprise.

jtb

Banned
FTL.

I don't care, whatever I bought it this year.

edit: if that doesn't count, then Victoria II: Heart of Darkness. finally, an expansion that makes the game non-broken.

Spazznid

Tomb Raider.

I expect a lot of people will completely disagree with me, and that's fine, I understand why, but for some reason I can't put the game down.

CronoShot

Fire Emblem: Awakening, with Bioshock Infinite in second.

Although I'm not very far into The Last of Us yet, I don't really see it passing those two.

Probably a tie between Fire Emblem: Awakening and The Last of Us. Not sure which one wins out for me. I've played an obscene amount of FEA and I have sort of gone from loving it to hating it at the same time. I guess I played way too much of it. I'm still pretty fresh off my TLoU playthrough, so maybe if I play it again at the end of the year I'll see if it still holds up in my mind. But man, both are fantastic games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kentucky Route Zero. Distinct visuals, excellent scene composition, well-written, decidedly enigmatic and even a little Lynchian.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
"Halfway through the year...what's your GOTY so far?"

Or

"So here's an easy way to see who hasn't played The Last of Us."

It's between Animal Crossing and The Last of Us. I will likely settle on Animal Crossing simply due to how much I'm getting out of it.

So far it would be Fire Emblem: Awakening. Might change once I start The Last of Us from what everyone has been saying about it.

papercamm

Kentucky Route Zero. Distinct visuals, excellent scene composition, well-written, decidedly enigmatic (and even a little Lynchian).
That one is up there for me so far. If chapter three lives up to what's already out it'll be a very strong contender.

Idioteque

The Last of Us.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Runner 2 were the only other great games I played this year. Most of the games I was looking forward to this year like Metal Gear Rising and Bioshock: Infinite turned out to be disappointments. Hopefully the second half of the year turns out better.

Kallor

The Last Of Us followed by Metro 2033 Last light. Getting a new 3ds xl with New Leaf next week so that might change..

Bioshock could have been it but it was just way too boring to play.

Top Bottom