• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 will not be a PS4 launch title

Blizzard has confirmed that Diablo 3 will not be a launch title for the PS4, but is expected in 2014.

DiabloFans, Blizzard said the team had "just received the new console generation development kits so the translation to those platforms is yet to be done.

In confirming Diablo 3 will come to the PS4 in in 2014, Blizzard said the team "prefer to try and get the most out of the different features that platforms have, instead of just porting the game to each of them."

CVG

ReaperXL7

I think this old, but either way it makes sense since they have only been willing to talk about the current gen versions.

My only issue with the PS4s launch line up is that there are no RPGs that we know of at this point, we still have Gamescom, and TGS though so who knows.

I wonder if Microsoft finally made some concessions to bring the game to the Xbone, and so the PS4 version is delayed for a simultaneous release. How could they have announced the game for PS4 and just now got dev kits for it? Is that common?

Krilekk

Banned
I wonder if Microsoft finally made some concessions to bring the game to the Xbone, and so the PS4 version is delayed for a simultaneous release. How could they have announced the game for PS4 and just now got dev kits for it? Is that common?

Of course. If you don't have anything interesting to show you buy shady announcements. See Peter Jackson project on 360, Agent on PS3, Diablo 3 on PS4.

Sounds like they are fixing all of the issues I would have had with the PC version, and my PS3 is broke. So depending on when they release it, I would likely buy it.

It's hard to fix something when the problems lie at the very core. That's why Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge still isn't anywhere near as good as Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)... well, not even near the inferior Sigma versions. As they say, you can polish a turd all you want, but it still remains a turd.

Top Bottom