• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy July "Black Friday" sale

Edgeward

link to all sale items

3DS XL - 169.99 Blue & Red
Assassin's Creed 3 -19.99 PS3
Wii U version here
PlayStation 3 (250GB) Uncharted 3 Bundle - 219.99
Xbox 360 250GB Darksiders II and Batman: Arkham City Bundle -299.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wii U - 19.99
Tomb Raider - 29.99 PS3 360
Bioshock Infinite - 39.99 360 PS3
Metro: Last Light - 39.99 360 PS3
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - 7.99
Style Savvy: Trendsetters - 9.99
Regular 3DS - 139.99 Midnight Purple / Cosmo Black / Pink
3DS Flame red - 124.99
3DS Aqua Blue - 119.99

amr

Banned
Buy the 3DS XL now... or wait for the Pokemon bundle?

Damn.

edit: PS3 250GB + Uncharted 3 for $220? Nice.

Most of the items have been on sale for about a week, but that's a decent price for the 3DS (if you don't wanna wait for the inevitable Pokemon bundle) and PS3. The EA sale is terrible, though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I loved how CAG was anticipating this sale, I think. I knew this was gonna be shit from the moment I read the email about this before bed last night

Tagg9

Those "deals" are dreadful.

PS3 goes on sale for $199 throughout the year.
Bioshock and Metro LL have been $30 before.
3DS XL often goes on sale for $150-$160.

I loved how CAG was anticipating this sale, I think. I knew this was gonna be shit from the moment I read the email about this before bed last night

Yeah, the meltdown there when the sale went live was amazing. Pretty much all advertised Best Buy sales turn out pretty bad.

Swarley

Very tempted to finally cave and get the 3DS XL. We'll see if I talk myself into it our out of it by Saturday lol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
For all of you waiting for a 3DS with a bundled game. Those pre-installed games DO NOT qualify for Club Nintendo coins. Just want to get the word out.

Grief.exe

Steam bro!?!
thanks I've wanted to pick up a 3ds again and complete the current handheld market

I've been slowly picking up DS and 3DS games when I can find them cheaply, I'm ready to dive in as well.

Been playing the GBA on my commute, but its time to upgrade.

I've been slowly picking up DS and 3DS games when I can find them cheaply, I'm ready to dive in as well.

Been playing the GBA on my commute, but its time to upgrade.
Ya i want to pick up a ds lite for all of those amazing gba games. Just can't justify getting a 3ds XL and that at the same time right now.

Lemstar

A bunch of those items are from the weekly sale and not the "Black Friday" promotion specifically.

The Vita memory cards being on sale is worth noting.

rockx4

Style Savvy isn't available for shipping, and the only stores that have it are farther than I'd like to drive.

ShadyJ

Sale?

The games i bought in that list is what i paid on a normal day in Australia.. and that says something.

Grief.exe

Sale?

The games i bought in that list is what i paid on a normal day in Australia.. and that says something.

n5rQq1J.png

Xzeon

Banned
fuck Best Buy, they cant just declare when Black Friday is.

you are not the calendar master, you are but a mere electronics store.

this is treason.

same goes for all this 'Christmas in July' bullshit.

do you see any fucking snowflakes?

you will not trick me.

BasilZero

$169.99 for the 3DS XL?

No thanks, I'll wait for $149.99 if anything.

I wonder how much the Pokemon XL bundles will cost.

Eusis

ahhh still debating whether to get Tomb Raider or not.

And why is the blue 3DS much cheaper than the red one?
Discontinued because no one liked it. Maybe I really was not alone in preferring a straight up BLUE 3DS rather than this light teal nonsense they keep trying to pass off as our Blue option, though the fact the blue 3DS XL is still kicking is probably validation of that along with Midnight Blue being one of the DSi XL colors that stuck around to the very end.

The lady's birthday is in a month, kinda wanting to pull the trigger on a pink 3DS. But she also doesn't want me dropping a ton of money on her right before school starts back up, and she's already content with her DS Lite.

From the start they just planned this out as a way to trick ignorant customers into thinking they're getting good deals by labeling it with "Black Friday".

nikos

Tempted to grab a 3DS for the 6th (I think) time. Hopefully won't return or sell this time. Doesn't look like Ice White is going to make it here anytime soon. :(

Is this sale today only?

DMeisterJ

Banned
I am in the market for a new PS3 since mine is on it's last legs, and 220 is a mighty fine price for the 250 GB. I just wish it was not the super slim, which I think is quite ugly.

Top Bottom