• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary Beta Discussion

I figured we should have a specific thread to discuss the beta, since we're all posting in random threads like the vita psn game and service thread. Therefore, this was created.

Patch 1.01 just came out. GG said you should delete and reinstall the beta with the patch unless you want all your loadouts to be locked.

Some great direct feed gameplay here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=rlc4_ASQsdk

And here's some more goodness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4a0rKmp_8

Soulflarz

Banned
Its my first fps on a vita

Best fps so far on a handheld (sony at least? Lol) in my experience. Its...kinda like a console one. Closest yet?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I figured we should have a specific thread to discuss the beta, since we're all posting in random threads like the vita psn game and service thread. Therefore, this was created.

Patch 1.01 just came out. GG said you should delete and reinstall the beta with the patch unless you want all your loadouts to be locked.

Wait, all of us needs to reinstall? Or does the problem affect only some people.

VanWinkle

Good idea. We should've made a thread earlier.

Game is incredible. There are a few problems like any game, but I am loving it.

whitehawk

Banned
Do you know where we can leave feedback for the devs? I have a few suggestions for them.

Can't wait for this game to come out, and also the open beta later. Should be a lot more people in that one.

mauaus

Totally in love with the game, I hope Sony and gg treat it as a true entry and support it with more maps and modes post release

Skyzard

Banned
The game will surpass expectations.

Just hope we get map expansion dlc with adhoc and bots (together as well).

Yes. I'm so blown away with this beta. After being letdown with Resistance and COD, my hopes were very low, but just with a few modes and maps I can already tell this will be amazing. Dem Graphics!! You seriously forget that you're playing a handheld. I've barely encountered any bugs, I can't wait to play the whole thing!

Add me and let's party up!!

PSN ID: MaximusPrimus

demolitio

For you lucky bastards that got in, how do the controls compare to KZ2 and KZ3? Somewhere in between?

Do the guns still feel like they at least have some weight to them and take skill to use?

Skyzard

Banned
For you lucky bastards that got in, how do the controls compare to KZ2 and KZ3? Somewhere in between?

Do the guns still feel like they at least have some weight to them and take skill to use?

Hell yes.

Also, the initial gun is pretty great though, which is good for balance. There are better but with tradeoffs.

Wait, all of us needs to reinstall? Or does the problem affect only some people.
Everyone has to reinstall. Sorry for the wait on the response. It's 3am here and I'm in bed with the iPhone trying to find the support forums and it's such a hassle. I just wanted to get this thread created quickly since the beta is starting to heat up especially as it goes open later in the month.

The game looks insane on my Vita.

Gonna redownload now

PSN: StevePharma if you guys want in on some matches. Sony wants me to play tonight anyway according to the Beta stress test table.

Shikoro

The only things I want changed (but aren't happening) are the hip-fire inaccuracy and ADS accuracy of most weapons. The one thing I hated the most about KZ3 is precisely this. No satisfaction whatsoever.

Skyzard

Banned
The only things I want changed (but aren't happening) are the hip-fire inaccuracy and ADS accuracy of most weapons. The one thing I hated the most about KZ3 is precisely this. No satisfaction whatsoever.

How much of a slug was KZ2? :p

Skyzard

Banned
You can't, they reset everything except your Valor card. You have to delete the bubble and redownload.

I sort of got used to the idea since I didn't expect loadouts to carry on into the open beta let alone the full game but at least we don't have to see the annoying smiley face valor cards.

WORLDTree

Whew! Glad the OP gave a fix for the patch! I was worried I was stuck with it!

And damn did it suck when I installed JUST when I was showing my friends the game, though I still got into matches and DAMN were they impressed with everything from the smoothness to the skybox and reflections, and one of them was even a big smartphone user and had no interest in a Vita whatsoever!

VanWinkle

Character models are great in this game.

9432066197_5820666a8a_c.jpg
9432065987_dbabc71934_c.jpg

9434838728_cc09dd4bcc_c.jpg
9434838872_1924311f12_c.jpg

Shikoro

How much of a slug was KZ2? :p

I don't think I know what you mean. It's early in the morning...

The one thing I have to commend them on is the weapon count. I really like some of the new additions and hope that they'll be in SF too.

I deleted the bubble and redownloaded the patch. loadouts still locked. I might just give up on the beta now.
What do you mean, "redownloaded the patch?" When you delete the bubble, you delete the whole game together with the saves. Then redownload the game and the patch will automatically get in the queue. After that you'll be OK.

Aytrial

For you lucky bastards at are playing it right now, how does aiming feel? I don't mean in a KZ weighted way, but rather just in general with regards to the analog sticks. My main issue with Uncharted was that the sticks didn't feel right to me for some reason (probably their small size).

What do you mean, "redownloaded the patch?" When you delete the bubble, you delete the whole game together with the saves. Then redownload the game and the patch will automatically get in the queue. After that you'll be OK.

I meant redownloaded the beta. The loadouts are still locked for me. I'll try it one more time and see if I get lucky.

edit: it seems the beta on my download list isn't patched cos its prompting me to update again.

remember all those people who said "VITA version is a dumb down ps3 one" "vita version is miles away from the ps3 versions"? this beta proves how wrong they were

Sporran

Wait this is out?

No just a beta, codes being given out on facebook and twitter and others.

OT: Nice to play a Vita FPS online and not get for once, your nat type is incompatible. Looking at you Resistance and Call of Duty.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't think I know what you mean. It's early in the morning...

The one thing I have to commend them on is the weapon count. I really like some of the new additions and hope that they'll be in SF too.

I'm probably confused too as it's early here but what the heck - overall I liked the way the guns felt a lot, any heavier and it would feel restrictive imo. I know that is a draw for some people...but cod shows not for most :p

In kz2 I think it was the long input delay that caused the heavy feeling, it would be harder to compensate for recoil which probably gave it the extra weight...but it's not like you have a nice mouse to control the game!

gotta take the advantage when given - leads to a better experience, you can actually check your corners to play smart and not risking a wide angle unchecked/exposed because it would take too long to turn and check etc... I mean just generally running through hallways and most combat situations. Much more freedom like this. it's not that loose either.

although I might be wrong about the recoil and weight being totally due to the input lag differences

Wow this closed beta is pretty exclusive! I'm not that great and haven't been playin too much, and i'm ranked 509!

ADD ME!

MaximusPrimus

what shit does gg need to fix

Whatever it is, fix this shit gg

Also, thank goodness we finally have a Vita FPS not made by nStigate.

Toki767

It looks and plays really nicely. If this was what Call of Duty on Vita was like, the Vita probably would have sold so much better.

Skyzard

Banned
It looks so much awesome with some of the extra information turned off, thank goodness for all the settings:

things on:
R05FuF7.jpg

off:
FiKuemG.jpg

tempted to turn off more, maybe just have the radar

Top Bottom