• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces gamescom line-up

It's probably got a mid to late 2014 timeframe. So a long ways off yet. Gotta promote the games that are coming out sooner first.

It's probably at an Alpha state that's not suitable to show for demonstrations.

In that sense, it's not practical to get Monolith Soft to scramble for a demo when Nintendo has Holiday 2013 / Spring 2014 to highlight.

They really have a killer Lineup for this year, can't wait to check out their booth (which was one of, if not the most comfortable one at Gamescom in the past... let alone it was by far the cleanest.

Wii Karaoke U, Wii Party U....sigh.

Where is Wii Sports 3, Nintendo? The second sequel to the franchise that essentially ressurected your console presence?

Give us a fully fleshed out sports experience, with Mii intergration and leaderboards.

fantomena

NO X!?

d83fa747_1157.darth_vader_nooooooo.gif

Raist

Banned
Why do they keep hiding X. Did I miss something?

Not really the kind of stuff appealing for short demos in public games conventions, especially gamescom. Plus it's probably coming out in 2017 or something.

No SSB is a surprise tho.

Lexxism

Wii Karaoke U, Wii Party U....sigh.

Where is Wii Sports 3, Nintendo? The second sequel to the franchise that essentially ressurected your console presence?

Give us a fully fleshed out sports experience, with Mii intergration and leaderboards.

Since it hasn't been announced yet, I reckon they've been having development difficulties getting it to highlight the GamePad.

This. I'm also thinking the same. I'm curious on how they are going to use the gamepad for Wii Sports U(or whatever name it is).

I'm also interested with SMT x FE. Looks like this game will be late 2014 which is good.

Why Pikmin 3 when it's already out?

Because it is a show for the public. Nintendo is there to promote what the Wii U experience is like if you decided to walk out the site and but one.

All the publishers have kiosks with released games because it serves as a promotional tool.

BizzyBum

Does Wii Party U or Mario Party U have online play?

Why these types of games haven't had any online support yet is beyond me.

CoolS

Who wants to bet about whether or not these will be the E3 demos (for the WiiU games that had demos)? Because I'm sure they will be.

Penguin

From what I've seen of Wii Party and Wii Party U, doesn't really seem built for online in a lot of modes

It's a real heavy local/in the same room type game.

Wii Karaoke U? They just had a karaoke game at launch that went nowhere...

Yeah, but isn't this one different...
Like free to buy, rent time, a ton more songs, built around the Nintendo brand with Miis and stuff

I always thought that games such as Mario party and Wii sports can be best enjoyed playing local multiplayer with friends or family just for some lighthearted fun, whereas online multiplayer usually tends to be more competitive - hence Mario kart and Smash bros have online multiplayer.

Frankly I'd rather play Mario party with my 5yo nephew than with strangers online, so I see their reasoning.

Wait does nintendo have a stage conferencee, or is the next time they announce anything the next ND?

I really hope that 3d World stuff is not the E3 demo

Top Bottom