• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|CONTEST| Win a copy of SteamWorld Dig (Metroid inspired) indie game for 3DS!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
slktqGG.jpg

First of all, thanks to imageform (the developer) for supporting this idea and Opiate for approving the thread.

SteamWorld Dig came out yesterday for the 3DS eShop. Many NeoGAFers have been having a blast with it:

Okay Pushmo is in danger of being knocked off the "favorite downloadable 3DS game" perch.

I mentioned wondering whether to buy it or not on twitter and Image & Form tweeted to me, I thought that was a cute little touch of them to do that, so I bought the game and I'm really impressed so far. It's kinda like Mr Driller mixed with Metroid and a little Megaman, which is really great!
I love how smoothly the sprites animate too and how despite it being in the desert with a lot of junk and stuff that basically means "brown everywhere" they've managed to make it very varied, color palette wise.

I'm three hours in and really enjoying it, best eshop game since Crimson Shroud for me.

toasty frog said:
Steamworld Dig is so good, you guys!

So! Good!

Finished the game yesterday and loved it every step of the way - very addicting. I enjoyed the experience more than the other games I've gotten from the 3DS eShop.

I figured out, it would be great if we could get more people to play it and spread the positive word of mouth, so I came up with a contest.

5xwoAL9.png

There are 3 promo codes that will be awarded to 3 different winners. Each will get a free download of a great $9 e-Shop game!

What you need to do to win one of the copies is:

- Post a drawing of the main character of the game (seen in the banner above) that was created using any and only one of these: Colors3D for 3DS, Swapnote for 3DS, the drawing app for MiiVerse, or the Art Academy app that just came out for WiiU.

- Along with the main character of Steamworld, the drawing should also include your Mii interacting with him.

- Post a picture of your Mii (on the 3DS Street Plaza or the WiiU Plaza).

- In your post, specify what's your region: NA or EU.​

That's it! You have until the end of the next week (Sunday August 18th) to submit your entry.

If you already bought the game or are interested in knowing more about it, here's the |OT|

* The winners will be picked based on creativity and quality

Ran rp

- Post a drawing of the main character of the game (seen in the banner above) that was created using any and only one of these: Colors3D for 3DS, the drawing app for MiiVerse, or the Art Academy app that just came out for WiiU.

- Along with the main character of Steamworld, the drawing should also include your Mii interacting with him.

- Post a picture of your Mii (on the 3DS Street Plaza or the WiiU Plaza).

- In your post, specify what's your region: NA or EU.​

That's it! You have until the end of the next week (Sunday August 18th) to submit your entry.

I have a 3DS but I only have Colors for the Vita :C

SteeloDMZ

Banned
PSY・S;75568739 said:
I have a 3DS but I only have Colors for the Vita :C

Didn't know there was Colors for Vita. Sure you can use that as long as you post a pic of the 3DS with your Mii.

Storm360

I'm ashamed to post mine now

DowVTSx.jpg

Q7RrqKG.jpg

(EUR)

(Thought bubble says I really can't draw, it took me longer to make that than the masterpiece above)

I've got some neat, funny ideas, and I don't even draw. I only have Swapnote that I can use ATM, I have a new Wii U but can't use it until I get Internet to update the thing before use (haven't opened it yet).

qq more

Waoh, so the guy that made this game is a GAFer?! Congrats, imageform! A friend shown me this game yesterday and it looks really interesting!

VanWinkle

I'm color blind so I didn't even try to color the guy, lol. I was going to attempt it and I started looking through the colors and was like "...no."

zlCfzRFUfnAbgiFOZ6

ie3EI96SB7dbU.JPG

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Will the best drawing be picked or will an entrant at random be picked? Not specified in OP.

Good stuff to everyone involved in setting up the contest!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Will the best drawing be picked or will an entrant at random be picked? Not specified in OP.

Good stuff to everyone involved in setting up the contest!

The winners will be picked based on creativity and quality. Even the swapnote entries (which are at a disadvantage considering the lack of tools compared to Art Academy) will be considered. :)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Can people who own the game enter anyway? I don't wanna wait the end of the contest to actually buy the game, looks too damn cool. I'd love to gift it to a friend in the unlikely case I end up winning a DL code

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Can people who own the game enter anyway? I don't wanna wait the end of the contest to actually buy the game, looks too damn cool. I'd love to gift it to a friend in the unlikely case I end up winning a DL code

If it is for a friend, absolutely!

Also, holy crap I'mNotSteven, that's insanely awesome. Don't forget to mention what region are you on: NA or EU.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Some really awesome entries! Also I hadn't heard of this game til now, and it sounds great.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I hate when these contests involve actual talent.

What about us talentless, people? WHAT ABOUT US? :p
I'll probably buy this game when I get my black 3DS XL on Sunday!

VanWinkle

Ok, it's the first day and at least two of them are WAY better than mine, so I might as well give up watching the thread, lol.

Ok, it's the first day and at least two of them are WAY better than mine, so I might as well give up watching the thread, lol.

I really liked yours. It kinda looks like your Mii carved a statue of the protagonist, since you didn't color him in. It is very clever
if you ignore the little color blind thing.

VanWinkle

I really liked yours. It kinda looks like your Mii carved a statue of the protagonist, since you didn't color him in. It is very clever
if you ignore the little color blind thing.

That's brilliant. I wish it had actually been that clever, haha. Looking at it again with what you said, that is kinda cool.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Haha, really cool troushers.

There's a week left guys! Make sure you enter the competition. If you already submitted a drawing, you can still make another one for more chances to win!

zroid

Banned
OK. I'm going to give this a shot. Even though I can't draw.

Gonna have to think up a HILARIOUS gimmick in order to wow you guys. :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
jd9q2qz92emh_surprised_face.png
Rusty! The Ceiling! We have to ESCAPEEE!

zlCfzRFpPGkTfdmM37

jd9q2qz92emh_like_face.png
NA region, Via Art Academy SketchPad.

Sab-Plaza_zps1f295326.jpg

Thanks for having such a cool contest!

Top Bottom